Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

Kiara

My school is Best known for school spirit. We are very involved with school events and rasing money for our school. As well as making up things like spirit week to show off our school pride. Another thing my school is known for is high Achievers a lot of people at my school are super smart and have validictorian credentials. Half of the seniors are all A students and are very heavily involved with academics

ive learned how to stand on my own and be more mature and do the thingsi need to do on time it has taught me how to also be a more effective communicator. And put my career first

I feel that the kind of person that should attend North carolina central university should be someone with good work ethics, in order to manage their study and homework time. Someone who is determined and self driven a person that is there to learn and apply their education to their field of study. A person that has good time management and can make most of their time for work and the other half of their time for studying. And Someone with school spirit and is proud to be apart of the school and represents the school in a positive way.

Takita

North Carolina Central University is a unique school because for one it's an HBCU! You learn a lot about your school history and you meet so many different students from all over the world. Also, the food is great. Wednesday is Chicken Wednesday and Friday is Fish Friday and that's the best ever! You also get to see fraternities and soritories step and that brings a lot of excitement to the campus!

I have enjoyed my freshmen year in college. College has brought me so many challenges that I had to face on my own. I learned how to manage myself as well as money. I also learned how to manage my time, manage my problems, and manage my work and still have fun when the time was needed. It has been valuable for me to attend because before I attended I depended on my parents for everything possible like money, food, problems, etc. But by me going to college it kind of winged me away/off my parents and onto my feet. Another important eperience that I valued was having time to study. Study played such an important roll and to this day I have studied more and learned other ways to study so it wouldn't be boring! But the biggest impact was me stepping into the real world on my own. I came to college as a little girl but now I can say I have transformed into a young woman!

A person who wants to adventure out and meet new people, someone who isn't scared, strong and positive mind, and just have a great heart!

Amber

I really and honestly do believe that I have experienced the college experience. Before graduating from high school I was nervous about going away from home and being away from my family ad friends. I didn't know if I would make friends, if I would like the food, or if I could manage being on my own. Upon my arrival, I began to realize that there were litteraly hundreds if not thousands of students here who probably thought the exact same thing. Being in school and experiencing parties, all nighters, exams, oversleeping, cafeteria food, roommates, conflicts, hard classes, and so on has allowed me to grow. I have learned so much about myself, my surroundings, others, and life in general. It may start out as a bit of a struggle, but the college experience is a benefit in the long run. With all of the good times and bad times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a valuable thing for any person wanting to mature and have fun at the same time.

When considering NCCU, be sure that this is the right choice based on your major, career goals, and personality. NCCU is known for its wonderful law and science programs. For any prospective students, I would suggest learning the campus, the administration, and the degrees offered. It's a pretty small campus, which some people may or may not enjoy. And while the housing on campus is (overall) satisfactory, as of now there is no guaranteed housing for upper classmen (another thing to consider). It's a wonderful institute that offers many diverse things. But be sure to RESEARCH!

The worst part of my school thus far is that there is no guarunteed housing for upperclassmen. While I am here on a scholarship and honors program, I know I have housing. However, because the campus is continuously adding on to the beautiful campus, there isn't enough housing for everybody. On the plus side, NCCU is currently working on housing (construction on new dorms is taking place), so hopefully this issue will be solved soon.

Jacqueline

My school is a family--regardless if you know your neighbor or not, everyone is around to help. Alumni will help you find a job post graduation. Faculty and staff are always around to guide you in the right direction. Upperclassmen are there to lead you and give advice. The chancellor is available to talk with you 24/7.

Get to know as many people as you can while in college. Life isn't always about what you know---but who you know. Network as much as possible. Always make a great first impression because the first 30 seconds can last a lifetime. Remember that someone is always watching you , so be professional at all time and know that there is a time and place for everything. And lastly, be careful of the company you keep. Don't let someone else's sloppiness put you down. No one wants to end up being guilty by association.

NCCU is for everyone. There is something to offer anyone who wants to attend. NCCU is a very diverse HBCU. The only thing that everyone has is common is that we came to get a degree.

Jaime

My school is the nation's first public liberal arts institution founded for African Americans.

It is a historical black university which was chartered in 1909 and opened it's doors in 1910 as a National Religious Training School . Dr James Shepard, was the founder until his death in 1947. From the beginning, my school has declared its purpose to be th development in young men and women of character and sound academic training so they would be able to serve their nation proudly.

If I were to go back to my senior year knowing what I know now, I would advise Jaime to take each day seriously. I would tell Jaime to study not just for the test today but learn from them. Jaime would also need to listen with intent when the teachers advise her to keep track of all her jobs, volunteer activities, clubs and other school activities for this information will be useful in the future. Jaime would need to know that time management is very important and becomes even more important in the future when she does not have her mother to wake her up, tell her to study or remind her to do her homework. I would tell her about the importance of independent study as well as group study because she will need both methods in order to succeed. Jaime would need to know friends are good to have but education is more important. Jaime will need to know that education will bring her a host of friends as she moves through life. And lastly, the morals and values her family instilled in her and the prayers of her family are to be valued throughout her life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to stay a little more focus. I would have asked for help when I knew when i really needed it instead of thinking I can do it on my own. I think I did a good job thoughtout my senior year. I am proud of my myslef and my parents are too. I beleive the thing I went threw in the past only made me a tronger person.

you wii gain some long term friendships.

Everyone is welcome, and they would be able to fit in.

Shelby

Shelby please embark on a surplus of activities and not limit yourself in what you can do because you don?t believe in yourself! Your trust in yourself cannot increase if you do not first put all your trust in God. YES, you know him and you say you trust him but you do not fully know what all HE has in store for you. If you pray the prayer of Jabez ?Oh bless me indeed, enlarge my territory that your hand would be with me and keep me from evil? daily you will gain more blessings then you could ever imagine. Pray to empower those around you to lead an operation Jabez with your fellow students and go on a trip for a lifetime to spread the news of God?s plan for us all. For if you had this key before entering college I truly believe that you would be further in God?s purpose for you but the great thing is it?s not too late as long as you are here on earth to find His purpose for your life and live it each day. Trust God for your EVERY need and tell everyone indeed!

The worse about NCCU is that because tutition is not very expensive we pay for it when we need materials for every person within a class. We found ourselves sharing camera equipment to get one assignment done, paying to have our assignments printed bc soon after the semester started the English Dept. had went over the allotted amount of paper. Academic scholars are visible but not much in conversation or missions.

One shouldn't attend if they are not interested in embracing all the university has to offer that pertains to their interest. This is with any university I believe. NCCU is founded on getting the student ready to not be an ordinary barn yard foul to fly as an eagle and set yourself a part from the norm. If not prepared to be different from all the rest and contribute something different and new to society NCCU is NOT the place for you! Eagles go past the mark and we know exactly what we want.

Christi

My classmates are very ambitious and determined goal oriented students.

My classmates are very ambitious and determined goal oriented students.

My school is unique because it can provide every student with a great education and allows every student to make lasting relationships with students and teachers. At North Carolina Central University each student becomes a part of the family atmosphere. Every student has the opportunity to express themselves in whatever way they feel. No one is discouraged from going after their dreams or showing the world their talents. Students at N.C. Central University graduate with great leardership skills, amazing recommendations from professors and even mentors. You will never find a better support system in another university.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself first and foremost stay focused, leave the boys alone for a year, and be very observant of the people you call friends. Stay focused because grades are the most important thing in achieving all of your goals in the future. As long as you keep your grades up you will not have any worries so if in the future you want to go to graduate school or join a sorority you won't have to think twice about it. Second leave the boys alone they are nothing but trouble and stress in your young life. Your too pretty to be tied down anyway. The time will come when its right for you and your mature enough to handle a relationship and a 3.75 gpa. And last be observant of who you call your friends. It is so important to have a support system being a freshman. That is why you must make sure your support system has your best interest at heart. A real friend will never put you down in front of others to make themselves feel better. They'll uplift you just like you do them.

Knowing what I know about college now, if I could go back in time when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to be prepared to study and read. I say this because in high school I didn?t really study. As soon as I got to college I knew that I was going to have to change that. Not only would I tell myself that, I would also tell myself to be prepared to be on your own, making your own decisions. Once I got in college I found out I was kind of on my own as far as making wise decisions. There is no one there to tell me what to do. I had to do it for myself. Lastly I would tell myself not to worry and stress and try to have fun.

Gunwoo

North Carolina Central University is a historically black college university. The divesity has allowed me to broaden my cultural awareness toward other cultures. The professors ae caring and the environment in the classroom is supreme. On campus, everyone is on a mission to accomplish their tasks. This gives encouragement to other students to stay on top of their game and succeed. Finally, the pride the university holds is number one. The history and enrichment prepares students to be better people for the future. The university has given me a great oppurtunity to reach my dream.

Over the past semester, I not only learned about college life but more about myself. Earning a 4.0 GPA wasn't the only accomplishment last semester. The work, determination, and perseverance was more important. By creating work ethic throughout the academic year, I could overcome any workload on any given day. Setting a routine and finding the potential deep in your character is the first step to a formidable foundation for the next four years of college. Therefore, I would advise myself as a high school senior to keep my mind open. Listen to teachers and your parents. They have been there before and know the importance of a good education. Starting with the basic fundamentals will only help you prosper through undergrad and graduate school. Be a hard worker. Never give up. Know your potential is seeking out for you to reach it. Finally, stay true to yourself. There will be tough stretches in studies where nothing seems to go right. By maintaining focus and taking one bite at a time, any task can be completed. The values we learn now are the ones we will use for the rest of our lives.

Someone who does not want to find their potential should not attend this university. The university has such high standards, that working hard and excelling in the classroom is the only option. Also, someone who does not want to open their horizons to a different environment shouldn't even consider this school. Although most of the school population is African American, I have learned so much about different people. Their life styles overlap with my life because I spend a lot of time in school and on campus.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.