Raleigh, NC
North Carolina State University at Raleigh

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Lacy

I absolutely love NC State. I could not imagine myself anywhere else. The people are wonderful and you can always find someone to talk to. The school is very diverse, which in return opens your mind to other world views and ideas. There are plenty of majors offered and the academic advisors are always willing to sit down and help you with your schedule.

Michelle

North Carolina State University is a great school to attend. The coursework is challenging but the professors keep regular office hours and have TA's available. The campus is friendly and the students mostly study hard. Sports and extracurricular life are a daily part of the campus. Food is pretty good overall.

elayne

Fantastic university. My husband was a student here and now my son is. We have loved this school and would highly recommend it for anyone. The campus is clean, safe and beautiful. The staff is responsive and patient with all your questions. The facilities are new and modern.

Addison

I think it's a very good school in a great location.

I think it's a very good school in a great location.

Ella
If you're an English major go somewhere else

If you're an English major go somewhere else

I hate it. Their English program sucks and almost everyone that I've had in any writing class is rude, condenscending, not supportive, and have to say how THEY work fix it. I don't feel safe because of all the emails I've been getting and it's in downtown Raleigh (it gets crazy at night). And the staff have proven to be rude and useless (aside from some teachers). So I am looking to go to an online school.

Tamera
It was very enjoyable!

It was very enjoyable!

I visited NC State one time, so I don't really have a huge opinion on it, but what I did see I really enjoyed! There were tons of activities happening on the campus and a bunch of people smiled and waved at me. I even had a few freshman come talk to me about choosing to go there. Which, I really do!

Jaycee
For the strength of the wolf, is in the pack.

We bleed red & white!

For the strength of the wolf, is in the pack.

We bleed red & white!

Sam
I LOVE NC STATE

I LOVE NC STATE

NCSU is amazing, I love it here. The people are great, there is always something to do, campus is pretty, we are right next to downtown Raleigh, and it is ranked well academically. GO PACK

Clare
Describe the dorms.

Describe the dorms.

If you know what's good for you, LIVE IN A DORM. You'll connect with new people and they'll become your family away from home. NC State boasts a lot of different living styles and locations all across campus. Some rooms are bigger than others, some bathrooms are nicer, some are hall style and some are suite style. It's really all about location and finding a fit for you. I lived on main campus in a Tri-Tower (Carroll Hall) for my freshman and sophomore years. This dorm is in the center of campus, and is a five-room plus a bathroom suite style building, with four suits per co-ed floor (but single-ed suites). Our bathrooms are cleaned by housekeepers and we have a great laundry room downstairs. All of the dorms are very nice and perfect for your first year (or two!) at State.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

Absolutely not. No one will require you to drink or be drunk to get involved, and no one really questions why not. If you want to have fun sober, go for it. No one will give you a hard time. While alcohol can be present at parties and social events, it's entirely your choice whether to participate or not. There's enough going on on and around campus where "college parties" also aren't your only option for a night out. Many students at NC State choose to abstain from alcohol, and you'll have no problem fitting in regardless of your choices.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Saturdays in the fall are dedicated to the red and white. Like at most ACC schools, football season is a huge deal. Carter-Finley Stadium is just a few minutes down the street, and is easily accessible by your own car or by buses that leave and return to campus. Student tickets and parking passes are free, and tailgating starts about four hours before kickoff. Aside from a great sporting event, it's an awesome social scene to meet new members of the Pack. Aside from football, our baseball, wrestling, and basketball teams are excellent and produce a lot of buzz, especially since all play on campus. Our recreational and club sports teams are a lot of fun and are another great way to meet less-serious athletes . While we aren't the biggest sports school around, we certainly defend our name. Go Pack!

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

While State boasts two huge state-of-the-art libraries, both full of big tables, comfy chairs, silent floors, and study rooms, these aren't always the best places to get work done, especially during peak times like finals. There are, however, an abundance of other nifty spots to get caught up on homework. Every dorm and the on-campus apartment buildings all have at least one study lounge, some with computers and some with just tables and whiteboards. In addition, many of the class buildings themselves have computer labs and conference rooms that are available to use. Live/Learn Villages and groups like Scholars and Honors also have lounges for applicable students. Talley Student Center is a new hot spot for studying, along with our handful of coffee shops across campus. I even see people studying in dining halls and outside! No matter how much you have to do, you're sure to find a suitable spot anywhere on campus.

What are your classes like?

My major is fairly small, less than 100 students total. Because of this, my classes are usually smaller, more intimate classes where the professors knows you on at least a first name basis. Classes are comprehensive, and detailed, often with an accompanying lab for extra instruction or hands-on activity. The coursework and tests are challenging but totally do-able. I feel comfortable in my classes and it's easy to make friends with people in them, for studying and social purposes alike. As a freshman, introductory classes can be much bigger (upwards of 300 students) but the more specialized you get into your major, the smaller your classes become.

The people you meet on the first days of school may not be your best friends. Everyone gets so caught up in making new friends and belonging to a group that you may find a few months down the road that these aren't the right people for you, and that's okay! It's important to find people to connect with, and they may introduce you to people who could be your group. The best thing you can do is be flexible with your friendships; if it isn't working out, it's okay. There are hundreds of other people on campus that you haven't met yet. And since you're not forced to see people you don't want to every day like in high school, it's much less awkward and uncomfortable.

Danielle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and that everything is going to be okay. I was very stressed out about the prosepect of going off to college and ended up giving myself bad anxiety that resulted in panic attacks. Now that I am here, I have adapted and realized that it was silly for me to freak out. Also, I would tell myself that it is okay that I chose to go somewhere that no one else was going. I have been extremely lucky in the people I have met here, which has changed me for the better. I would also to tell my self to trust my gut because back in high school I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life but then changed my mind a thousand times, as well as my major. My high school self needs to know that it is okay to be unsure and that you do not have to know the answer and have a set plan for everything.

The person that should attend this should be academically focused and be able to organize their life around their academics.

I tell my friends that we are one of the top engineering schools in the country as well as one of the top veterinary schools. I also brag about how awesome our facilities are and how we are building up and expanding for the better.

North Carolina State University at Raleigh administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.