North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

North Carolina State University is known for its school spirit, efficient research facilities, and incredible professors. They also are known for their impressive College of Engineering and Poole College of Management. Every student feels that he or she is smart and can count on his or her intelligent peers. NCSU also encourages freedom of expression (especially with the Free Expression Tunnel where students are allowed to spray paint what they wish) which separates this university from the rest in North Carolina. NCSU encourages growth of the individual and the university as a whole.

NC State is best known for its engineering and agriculture programs. State has always been a mechanically and agriculturally focused school but that is not to say you cannot get a quality education in the other majors or programs as well. For a state university, our engineering program ranks near the top of the entire nation. We are also known for our veterinary school which many people attend undergraduate years at State in hopes of being admitted after graduation. Also, the Pre-Health Club has a great record of having success in getting our students into professional schools.

My school is best known for its Engineering and Design schools. The Business school is also promising but fairly new to the University. As a Design student, I believe the teachers and staff are very supportive and challenging, preparing me for a career in the future. They are always willing to help and give me advice when I am unsure of what to do. There are a wide range of students at NC State, and diversity is appreciated and celebrated. We are also very spirited at sporting events. Go Wolpack!

North Carolina State University is best known for its engineering and veterinary programs. Both of these colleges are in the top few in the country. NCSU was origonally known for the college of agriculture. The life at NC State is a little slower and more relaxed than some. It is known for its "family feel", in which everyone is accepted. When compared to all of the universities in North Carolina, NCSU is probably more on the conservative side.

My school is best known for its engineering,vet school, and providing the state with research. It is known for its rich history and its contribution to the world in science and many other fields. It is one of many diverse schools in the nations with and outstanding international program. My school is also known for its great faculty and staff that are there to help students excell in there area of study.

My school is best known for their amazing Engineering and Textiles program. I am actually attending the school under the Textiles program. The major I am pursuing is Fashion and Textile Deisgn:Textile Design. The program is extrememly hard to get into. There are thousands of people that apply and they only choose 32. I was blessed to be one of those 32 people.

NCSU is a research based university that offers strong engineering, science, and business programs, and is competitive with Duke and UNC, the other top schools in the "Research Triangle". NC State is about fifteen minutes from downtown Raleigh, which is the fastest growing city in the US, but also just as close to a ton of outdoor nature parks and forests.

The NC State Wolfpack may be best know for the fact that it is one of the few college team names that doesn't have a letter S in it. However, what I have quickly learned is the that the Wolfpack is more than just a mascot, it is a philosophy. Once you are a student here you become part of the pack, and the pack is like a great big extend family. Go Pack!

My school is best know for agriculture, engineering and the veterinary field. We have a lot students focusing on these majors hoping to get jobs in those fields. We are ranked #3 in the nation for our vet school. We have one of the best engineering schools around and we definitely keep agriculture moving by doing a lot of research.

North Carolina State is known worldwide as a top engineering school. A lot of the funding for the school goes to their world-class engineering programs. At the same time though, none of the other programs are lacking. When you tell people that you attend State it means something, it carries a lot of weight in the community.