North Carolina State University at Raleigh Top Questions

Allison

Compared to the other schools I considered, NC State feels like home. The atmosphere and people that I'm surrounded with every day is perfect for me.

Nicholas

The state of the art library

Kristen

I'm in engineering and the school has just compeleted a whole new science campus that is integrated with real businesses and incredible opportunities for research and internships.

Monica

It is very close to a large city, which allows for many more things to do than if one was in a smaller town. It has clean facilities as well as an older feel to it. It mixes both origonal buildings and more recent structures to create a timeless feel throughout campus. Everything on campus is fairly close and is within walking distance.

Ellen

NCSU is very community oriented. Everyone is very helpful and makes you feel at home. NCSU encourages students to come to campus and study and enjoy their time between classes.

Alexander

The community of students here seemed more open and accepting of everyone, while students at some other schools seemed to internally segregate, and seemed less likely to interact with people that were outside of their normal social circles.

Catelyn

My school is extremely large compared to other schools. It is in a big city. I feel like there is a lot more variety in classes, people, and things to do on this campus. There is a lot of bricks along NCSU campus. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel at home. There are numerous amounts of activities to get involved in and be apart of something.

Erica

The overall atmosphere at NC State is amazing, and it creates a feeling of togetherness around the school. When I first toured NC State, I fell in love with the campus, the more I walked around the more I felt like I belonged here. Even now, well into the first semester, that feeling hasn't changed. I think thats something unique to NC State. The students, the staff, and the faculty make you feel so at home that you don't want to leave! There is not a doubt in my mind that I picked the right school.

North Carolina State University has one of the best engineering and mathematics departments in the state. They also allow students to take several classes in these subjects and assist in him or her in choosing the best fit for the. With a strong math backgound, I was able to pick the employment of my choice upon graduation and found that I was exceptionally prepared.

Danielle

We are the almight Wolfpack!! North Carolina State University has always been deep and dear to my heart becasue I want to be a Veterinarina, and oce I found out NC State was the best college in North Carolina for Veterinary Medicine, I had to be there. If I have the opportunity to go to the best, I wan to be at the best. The academics at NC State are outstanding and so are the extra-curriculer activites. Coming from a smaller school, and transfering to NC State, the change is huge. So is the campus and opportunities for everyone.

Daniel

NC State has many companies recruiting students right out of college and its engineering program is named fifteenth in the nation.

Casey

Come to State! These two years have truly been the best two years of my life. They fly by so quickly though. I have met amazing people, made great friends, and love being here at school. Everyone has made me feel very welcome and the teachers have been great in helping me achieve my goals!

Katie

NC State students and alumni are very proud to be part of the Wolfpack and NC State has awesome research programs and are wthing the campus and the research triangle park.

Raleigh offers an excellent fusion of the modern and the traditional, the high-tech and the artistic. There was an enormous variety of things to do near campus, and people were exceptionally friendly.

Denae

My school highlights diversity as a very important attribute to studies. NC State wants all of its students to be exposed to many cultures that are different than their own. Also here at NC State we have one of the best Engineering schools in all of North Carolina.

Shevon

My school had a vet school and I wanted to study in veterinary medicine.

Martha

Some unique aspects of my school are that it's always working towards the greater good of communities outside itself. We're very into agriculture providing the campus with farmers markets, we make our own ice cream and distribute it, we're thinking of methods to provide "greener" means of transportation by using cleaner gas on our transit buses and allowing students or anyone who needs a ride on campus free of charge. Not only that but students can express their feelins and advertise happenings on campus via our Free Expression Tunnel. Most other schools don't have that.

NC State has a much better community feeling to it compared to other schools that I considered attending.

James

NC State is uniquely different from other schools in our area because it is the dominant school that students who wish to major in engineering attend. Chapel Hill and Duke university who are located close to our campus are well known schools of medicine. Also there are other surrounding schools in which students attend to receive medical degrees. Students who attend state are enrolled primarily because of their engineering program, their agriculture program and they also have a veterinary program that is higly rated.

Ethan

The uniqueness of my school consists of its offerings of clubs, activities, community service, etc. to involve each student..offering something for everyone. NCSU houses eight colleges within the university, so that a student is part of a smaller community and college, but also a part of a large university; one which also reaches out nationally and internationally. Through any club or extracurricular activity involvement, students are made aware of employment, internship, research, and even scholarship and grant opportunities. I have taken advantage of all the school offers, from resume/application assistance to internships to biotechnology research. BACK the PACK!!!

Spencer

I chose my school based on the very strong engineering program. Having one of the best engineering programs in the country, especially in the area of textiles made it an easy choice for me. Textile Engineering is a unique field that is not offered at many universities. This program is what really made NC State stand out from the other schools I considered.

Tracy

I chose NC State because there is such a variety of life. There is so much going on and so many groups that you can always find your niche. It offers every spectrum of activities and opportunities.

E'lexis

Although my school is considered a research institution, a lot of other majors are well regarded and intergrate culturally diverse individuals. This diversity aspect creates a vast sense of community on campus and an opportunity for global knowledge of different cultures.

Nathania

The main reason as to why I accepted NC State was because of the seemingly endless possibilities. The other schools I applied to had outstanding schools for science and medicine, my field of interest, but NC State is known for its location in the Research Triangle area. Here, I knew many research opportunities were available and close at hand in addition to a great educational program. Also, I was invited into their University Scholars Program, a cultural, leadership and study-abroad program that no other college I had applied to entailed.

Taylor

NC State is a land grant university and the biggest university in North Carolina.

Justin

The thing that is unique about NC State compared to the other schools that I have considered going to is the fact that they have a very good meteorology department. Most of the other colleges did not have a good meteorology program. In fact, most of the other schools that I considered going to did not even have a meteorology department. I have always wanted to be a meteorologist since I was young. So, this was the closest school to where I live that had a great meteorology department.

Kellan

This school not only provides a place for students to gain an excellent education, attend thrilling sporting events, and meet new people. It gives every student a family of encouraging peers, teachers, and mentors. Relationships made while at this school are lifelong and help people to grow into who they are to become.

NC State allows you to jump into your desired major immediately. Students can see if their desired major is a good fit, and if not they are able to change.

Shelby

The varied amount of class subjects offered as well as the in -state tuition and scholarships interested me.

Kara

NC State focuses a lot on diversity. Due to the offering of over 100 majors, anyone can attend this college and feel welcomed in their field.

Abra

The other schools that I considered were in the mountains and had more of an artistic and earthy feel to them, but I thought I would get a more cultural experience on an urban campus. I haven't been disappointed so far. State is very academically driven but also offers a wide variety of social events that don't revolve around alcohol. That's why I like it here.

Kitrail

The size, look, and student population.

Jasmine

NC State is hard working, but fun and it provides the perfect balance of social life and career goals.

They are diverse.

Katelyn

NC State is a very fun environment to go to school in. It is very focused on learning and academic success, but it also offers a lot of exciting events and oppurtunities. The sporting events are always really fun. Esp when we are playing our rival school UNC.

John

I attend a small design college in a very large engineering university. No other design colleges have the benefit of being inside a large university with lots of resources.

In-state tuition is very good. Raleigh is a growing city, with many opportunities. Many students start tech and engineering companies, and will often hire graduating students. Plus, NC State has several companies like Red Hat (a Linux producer) as permanent residents on its Centennial Campus. Connecting with future employers is probably as easy as it could be.

Christopher

Its very large, and offers many opportuinities to get involved. Sometimes it seems like there is to much.

Centennial campus, for sure. It has this bioreactor thing in the biotechnology center that is very cool. State is one of the few countries in the nation with it so it attracts a lot of companies and internships.

Andrew

We might be one of the few accredited and academically serious state schools out there without an overbearing liberal influence.

Joshua

The strength in engineering and its history.

kellen

sports environment

Hayley

Cows!

Brian

It is a lot c leaner than other schools i've seen and there is a lot of research that happens here comepared to some other schools. I also enjoy the red bricks, it gives NCSU character. About half the campus is run down and the other half include brand new or renovated buildings. I bet once some places g et renovated it will be like an entirely new campus.

Ben

I wanted to go into the field of computer science, and NC State is well-known for its engineering program.

Lindsay

Do study abroad if you can- it's awesome! Also, don't be shy when you first get there. Remember everyone is in the same boat.

Cam

if you come from a small school like I did, the big classes for some majors can be daunting but I adjusted pretty quickly and love it now. Its nice being able to find 5-6 of your friends in every class you go to, or sit somewhere new and meet some new people.

Owen

Going to NCSU is the best decision I ever made. I learned more in my first year at NC State than I have learned in my entire lifetime.

Catherine

Sigms Kappa

Hannah

Sigma Kappa