North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

No. While the school was founded on princples of agriculture, the college of agriculture and life sciences is only one of the many colleges present on our campus. Even within the CALS program(college of ag. and life sciences), many students do not participate in any agriculture-related studies, as the college includes majors in biology, zoology, and others. The students involved in agriculture are not all stereotypical hicks either, they just happen to have a passion for agriculture studies.

1. No. There are some students that come to NCSU as a backup from Carolina, but they end up loving it here. Other than those few, I always hear people say they come here because it's fun and is a great education for a reasonable public school price. 2. No. NCSU has so many different majors, minors and combinations. No matter what your interest there is faculty and career counselors to help you.

There are not any major stereotypes that I have heard of, although I tend to hear that students at State are only engineers or agriculture majors. There is little mention of other majors. This is partially accurate, although not completely true. North Carolina State University is mostly composed of engineering and agriculture majors, but also offers a wide variety of majors.

No. If you look around, you'll see so many types of people from so many different majors. I don't really understand the whole 'farmer' thing people say. Those comments are mostly from UNC-CH people, and they suck at life.

not really- some people are, but for the majority I really don't think so.. people just say that because of the agriculture program.. they tend to forget that state is most well-known for its engineering program

We have a large political science program at NC State, so many of the students are from the country. However, they are very intelligent and know what they want to do with their life.

The stereotype is not correct however I think it is generated from an accurate source of information. NCSU is largely an agricultural school and thus the reason for this stereotype.

there are a lot of eastern north carolinians at state taking agricultural classes, but there is a wide array of students here as well.

A lot of the NCSU students are in fraternities and sororities but not everyone is

not in a bad way and not for the majority