North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

These stereotypes are completely inaccurate. NCSU is one of the biggest schools in North Carolina. It provides one of the best educations to my knowledge in the State. I went to an all girls private school, and it definitely challenges me to a whole new level. You meet so many people. And it is so much fun. As for the Carolina / NCSU stereotype, it is simply not true. Carolina is a liberal school that does not offer engineering. NCSU students are more math and science oriented, and from my experience, less judgemental and more friendly than those students at Carolina (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill). My best friend goes there, and she always tells me NCSU students are much nicer people.

NC State is big on engineering and agriculture, but it has other colleges than just those two. NC States college of Management is a great college and well known but does not have a stereotype, so I guess a lot of people don't know about it. A lot of the students in agriculture have country accents, but that does not count everybody at NC State. UNC and NC State always go back and forth winning and losing so overall that stereotype is facts, but they change every season. And our campus is not boring; brick buildings are very nice and strong, but that might just be a personal opinion.

Although NC State does have phenomenal agricultural and engineering programs, our College of Management, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and College of Education are also exceptional. Since these programs are smaller, students receive more personal attention and opportunities to get know their professors. They are also often taught by professionals from the "real world" who are teaching part time or have retired from their profession and offer tremendous insight for students on career paths.

These stereotypes are very inaccurate. Personally, I love the large campus. Sure it makes for a longer walk to class but, finding the buildings for your classes is all made easier by maps located throughout campus, maps online and fairly large signs posted beside each building with the buildings name. And as for the country hicks idea, people couldn't be more wrong! Our students are very diverse, making classes, extracurriculars and just living the college life way more interesting.

i don't believe these stereotypes are true at all. we have lots of intelligent people here at ncsu because we have some of the best engineers that come to ncsu. yes we do have the agriculture side of our school and the vet school but we have one of the premier vet schools in the nation that most students in that field would love to attend but it is very prestigious and hard to get be accepted into

We do have a lot of students who come from farming communities, since a lot of the state is farming. Many NCSU students could get into UNC, and some did and chose to go to NCSU. The campus IS all brick, but it's not ugly. We have a rival: UNC. ECU thinks they're our rival too but we don't generally agree. Our M/F ratio is more like 55/45.

No people believe that because we have a good agricultural program that is actually one of the nations top researchers in alternative fuels. Some of us did not go to UNC because we wanted to be Engineers. And yes there are some dumb people here because it is a state school and a certain number of people have to come from North Carolina

Although it is a more conservative school, we are not made up of one group of people. We have democrats and republicans, northerners and southerners, etc. We are just as good as our neighboring schools. We are better at some things then they are and they are better at some things then we are.

No. If you look at the way all of our students dress, we dress just like every other college. The majority ranges from very preppy to t-shirts and jeans. There are a few people that dress hippie, goth, punk, and redneck, but the majority is just like every other college.

I don't think it's possible to accurately stereotype NCSU. It's a large university with plenty of diversity. There are a few more fundamentalist Christians here than at most public universities, but they don't really define the social atmosphere.