North Carolina State University at Raleigh Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Clare

Saturdays in the fall are dedicated to the red and white. Like at most ACC schools, football season is a huge deal. Carter-Finley Stadium is just a few minutes down the street, and is easily accessible by your own car or by buses that leave and return to campus. Student tickets and parking passes are free, and tailgating starts about four hours before kickoff. Aside from a great sporting event, it's an awesome social scene to meet new members of the Pack. Aside from football, our baseball, wrestling, and basketball teams are excellent and produce a lot of buzz, especially since all play on campus. Our recreational and club sports teams are a lot of fun and are another great way to meet less-serious athletes . While we aren't the biggest sports school around, we certainly defend our name. Go Pack!

Football right now is biggest at State and basketball is in second. Fall saturdays in Raleigh are one of the greatest experiences anyone can ever have. Tailgating is a must. School pride is very high at NC State and everyone loves the Red and White!

Football and Basketball are the two largest campus sports. The games are a blast to go to, there is a ton of school spirit! People always tailgate before a football game, there are tons of cars and RV's. People cook food, play corn-hole and various other games as well. Outside of varsity sports, on campus students play volleyball on the sand courts outside most dorms, as well as ultimate frisbee and soccer in the small fields and intramural fields. Basically if there is good weather, grab a few friends, start a game of some sort, and perhaps you'll make a few new friends who want to join the game!

ACC Football has been on a downward trend, but that doesn't mean that one of the loudest houses in all of college football doesn't get rockin'! At the UNC game on November 5th, there were points during the game where my ears would ring, and after the game EVERYONE was deaf. If that doesn't tell you how passionate we are, I'm not sure what will. But when one thinks about the ACC, it is basketball that comes to mind. Especially with the Expansion of the Atlantic Coast Conference, by the time you get to NC State, ACC basketball will be THE BEST basketball on the PLANET. With a current number 3 recruiting class in College Basketball and the possibility to jump back to number two (fingers crossed for Amile Jefferson!) State basketball is about to get amazing. With new Coach Mark Gottfried and a new offense, State basketball will be the most fun basketball to watch in the ACC. Plus, the RBC center is one of the best places to play basketball and hockey, come watch a game!