North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Student activities and groups geared toward anyone's interests here are never hard to find. There is, what seems to be an endless, number of clubs or student groups here that one should have no problem finding a group of friends with similar interests. Greek life is definitely not huge on this campus, but it continues growing and has an astounding impact on campus through all of the philanthropic and awareness events. Athletic events are unanimously the most popular activity at NCSU; the campus turns to a ghost town whenever there is a game because it seems the entire student population has migrated to the tailgating fields!

Because our school is so large, there are a lot of clubs (over 400). There is something to do for everyone. I myself have started a club and it has been great. Besides just participating in clubs, there is also greek life that students can be part of. Students at NCSU not only participate in events that are part of the school, many students also go off and do there own activities. Many students will volunteer at the hospital or help out in the community. NCSU is also located in Raleigh, the capitol, so there is always something to do. Students can go the mall, hang out at great restaurants, go see movies, and much more.

From what I've seen, service clubs and organizations tend to be the most popular on campus. During the beginning of the semester there are a lot of club fairs and places to sign up for the different organizations on campus. Greek life is popular, but there are definitely a lot of students who are still active on campus and who are not involved in a fraternity/sorority. During my freshman year I met a lot of my friends through the dorm that I lived in. I would highly recommend living on campus for any incoming freshmen.

The most popular events on campus are definitely sporting events. Game day is easily an all day event from tailgating to the celebration after a win. In addition to games, events held by the Union Activities Board (UAB), like Wolfpack Welcome Week, are normally attended by the majority of students on campus. With hundreds of student organizations, every student can find at least one group that interests them. For students living on campus, there are always events occurring in their residence halls.

the most popular groups are sororities and fraternities. NCSU's greek life is growing and more people are joining. sports teams are also very popular, especially football and basketball. i am involved with sigma kappa sorority. i live in a freshman dorm and i feel comfortable leaving my doors open. people at state go out a lot, even during the week. last weekend i went to Carolina Cup which is a horse race in south carolina. i went with an ncsu fraternity.

Anyone is going to say that their organization is the best, if they didn't then I would advise them to find an organization they are actually passionate about. I am lucky enough to be part of the Greek community. In my opinion the Greek community is the best community to be a part of because it is like being part of a large family. Though we are all members of our individual sorority/fraternity we are united by our pride in being Greek.

Activities at NCSU are what make this university awesome. I love my sorority and have met so many people through Sigma Kappa and other Greek organizations. I actually met my boyfriend through a sorority sister. You can find someone to party with you every night of the week, it just depends on who has tests. There are always service activities and awesome speakers/workshops available through our CSLEPS office.

NC State has over 400 student organizations (for example: religious/ spiritual groups, social/political groups, cultural groups, media, recreational/athletic, academic, Greek, etc) so there isn’t really one organization that it’s more popular than the others. The fact that we have so many organizations is great, because students are able to find an organization that they are interested in.

I am involved in the Sigma Kappa Sorority. It has changed my life and has offered great community service opportunities. I met my closest friends through joining a sorority and have expanded my friendships to many other sororities on campus and beyond. On weekends, I typically go to friends houses or apartments and socialize.

I love the raleigh area. I think there is alot to do in this area. But as for activities, I transfered from UNCW and I was much more involved in on campus activites than I am now. I think at smaller schools they are able to let students know whats going on and how to get involved. Here, I barely know what is going on.