North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

In hall style dorms, almost everyone leaves the door open. Suite styles are not quite as welcoming, but are still usually welcoming to people. Our athletic events are very popular, even when the team is doing poorly. NCSU has a lot of guys... unless you're in humanities or liberal arts, there won't really be too many women. Meredith college and St Mary's (two women-only colleges) are more relevant to our dating scene for some people. There isn't any established music scene, though you can find any different group you want. If I'm awake at 2 am, which I usually am, I'm probably going to be hanging out at friend's dorm room.

1. Basketball/ Football/ Soccer teams 2. Ballroom dance team - diverse group of friendly people, free lessons offered every week, various competitions each semester, provides a group of friends for some 3. some 4. athletic: fairly popular, guest speakers: depends, theater: fairly popular 5. lots of couples, lots of single people 6. middle school, class 7. studying 8. 9. depends on who, for the average partier, I'd say two to three times a week 10. somewhat important 11. competed in USABDA Triangle Open Ballroom Competition, party, sorority (cardinal cabinet) meeting 12. have a barbeque, sew 13. sew, eat food

I don't there is a most popular group or organization. It mainly depends on you and what you are interested in. I am in a social sorority (Chi Omega) in whcih we mainly interact only with fraternities. I am in an academic fraternity that revolves around community service. I dont think so. Football and basketball are the most popular events on campus. Most people are already attached. Through my organizations. talking to my roommate. Homecoming competition, Greek Week, Derby Days. Pretty much every day of the week. Not too important if you arne't part of a greek organization. Nothing. See a movie. Shop, eat, see movies.

People party every day of the week. There's something going on every night if you know where to look. Almost everyone goes to football games. They're tons of fun, and now that they're easing up on tailgating restrictions, that's getting much better. The Hillsborough Hike happens on the last friday of classes every semester. The goal is for students and alumni 21 and up to start at one end of Hillsborough street and end at the other, having one drink at each bar. Nobody makes it the whole way, but you see everyone you've ever met before and have a great night before finals start.

I work for the Union Activities Board at NC State. This is the main programming group on campus. We have many different committies from Leisure and Entertainment, Issues and Ideas, Black Students Board, Diversity, Films, International Activities Council and Publicy, that work towards having fun and educational events on campus for students to enjoy. We bring a wide range of events from Concerts, comedians, speakers, international shows, movies and other activities. It has been a great way to get involved with the campus and reach out to students.

There are tons to things to get involved in! Right now i am a sister in Chi Omega and in the Student Wolfpack club. Most people on my hall in my dorm leave there doors cracked. If somethings going on (usually there is) we always go out into the hall to socialize. If i am awake at 2 am its usually because my roommate is keeping me awake. Which tends to happen alot! Last weekend i attended one of my dorms events. Because i live in a private dorm they hold events and parties usually once a month and this past weekend i attended their casino night.

There are a wide array of activities to get involved in on campus. I have personally enjoyed being a member of Greek Life. It has given me the oppurtunity to get involved in a leadership role within greek life and also meet a great group of girls. I love attending the athletic events, I feel they are a great time to socialize with friends and cheer for the wolfpack. I have also found that there are plenty of activies to do that do not involve drinking, particularly the discount-priced movies that are shown in the campus cinema.

Student Wolfpack Club, Greek Life. I am involved with a sorority. yes and no. Athletic events are what students live for. I met my closest friends from my sorority. Homework. Pac-a-thon, parents weekend, unc game. People generally part Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Greek Life is not as big on State's campus as it is on other campuses, but with the formation of new greek court and other marketing tools it will get better. Last weekend I went out one night and stayed in the next to catch up on hw. Movie and dinner?

I joined the Greek system at NCSU because I have had cousins and sibblings join and love it. NCSU is considered a small Greek system but it is definately expanding. I enjoy both the fun, social aspects of Greek life and just the simple times staying at home watching movies with my sisters. I really like that athletic events are big here. I knew I wanted a big ACC school. Although, it is disappointing that we cannot seem to win. NCSU has a good dating scene because it has a fairly even boy to girl ratio.

Greek life at NC State is amazing, and is growing year by year. As of now we have 8 panhellenic sororities and even more fraternities. We are a close-knit community and are always hosting fun events and functions. The University has just broken ground on the new Greek Court, and the redevelopment should be complete within a few years. I met my best friends, my bridesmaids, and the people I will never forget by going Greek. You can always find something fun going on with the Greeks here at State.