North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Career Services- lots of job fairs and interviews for internships, co-ops, and permanent placement right on campus. Cultural diversity of the area-- everything from korean, middle eastern, ethiopean, mexican, and jewish markets within walking distance of campus. The upperclassmen are always eager to help new students, or just students in general are eager to help each other and be friendly. I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for some of the upper classmen that befriended me. The campus is beautiful-- the landscaping is gorgeous. There is always something blooming. Always.

The school nicely combines urban settings with a quaint, personable atmosphere. The school is reputable in many disciplines, and is well enough endowed to meet the interests of nearly any prospective student. In the Humanities college where I have spent my time, the classes are engaging, but absolutely managable, research opportunities and internships are available to the dedicated seeker, and my greatest endorsement is the quality of the faculty. Extra-curricular activities are diverse and welcoming, and the amenities available on campus are leading edge.

I brag about lots of NC State's perks to my friends! Firstly, I love the research and academic opportunities that State offers. None of my friends at other schools have had the same opportunities that I have had. In the past semester I have discovered a new bacteriophage in my Biotechnology research class and sent it off to a lab for genetic sequencing. This opportunity never would have been available to me if I had selected another school. Also, the food isn't that bad! My friends at other schools complain all the time, but ours is actually decent.

When bragging to friends, the point I like to make is that NC State has a very large amount of opportunities for undergraduate research, unique courses, internships and for studying abroad. For the biological science related fields, NC State is perhaps one of the best in the region and has a prestigous reputation for research. Our facilities are also amazing. Our library lets you check out electronics is open 24 hours. The gym is also very large and up to date. Not to mention we have a Taco Bell right in the middle of campus.

Our library. James Hunt Library is a brand new library build on centennial is a state of the art library, with a huge amount or resources for students and a variety of study areas. It is a fantastic place to study, as it has several study rooms with whiteboard walls, and large monitors that students can hook their laptops up to for displaying things. It has an automated "book bot" which is used to fetch books for students in an underground storage. This allows the main library floor to be dedicated for extra study areas.

When I go home and talk to my friends about NC State, the main thing I brag about are the people here. I'm from Maryland, which some people consider to be "the north", and I've discovered that southern hospitality isn't just a myth. The majority of students here are genuinely nice people, constantly saying ma'am/ sir, holding doors open, picking up dropped items, and even friendly "hello's" from peers in class. It was definitely a welcome change from what I was used to, after growing up right outside of DC.

I have not yet attended the school, I am a transfer student heading to NC State for the spring semester, but I couldn't be more excited! Most of my friends have gone on to community colleges, or universities in the vacinity of my native Rochester, NY. Although heading many states away is nerve wracking, I accept the challenge head on and love knowing i will be getting a unique college experience as opposed to that of my friends, one of which they will be excited to hear about; and I will be ready to share.

The thing I would have to brag the most about at NC State is the sense of unity one feels during big events on campus. On game days, for example, almost everyone is dressed in red and ready to cheer on the Wolfpack! It has been said that the "strength of the wolf is the pack", and we live by that credence. People go out of their way to make friends with others on campus, as well as in small groups or clubs that are available at State. All of these things lead to a great college experience here.

I definitely brag about the school spirit! Our WOLFPACK RED &WHITE is like no other! The campus is made up of manypeople with different beliefs,races,and views but one thing we ALL see eye to in is that the NCSU WOLFPACK is absolutely INCREDIBLE! attendence at all sporting events is always flooded by NC State students and Alumni! Once part of the pack your always part of the pack. The way we support each other as a family says it all. The pack has your back. GO STATE!!!!

How big we are. Although this sounds intimidating it actually has provided me with a ton of opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten in a smaller school. There are so many clubs, sports, and volunteer opportunies on campus. This allows me to pick and choice things of interest to me and its a great opportunity to meet new people of all different backgrounds. The culture and acceptance of students on campus is excellent and I feel right at home.