North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

My overall opinion of North Carolina State University is that I believe this is an excellent university to choose to continue your education once you leave high school. Although the university consists of over 30,000 students, you are still able to form relationships with your professors, meet friends, excel academically, and participate in different social activities. The university is also located in a spot that has lots of access to future professional opportunities as well. I love the fact that the university is so big because it allows for students to always have something to participate in. I truly believe that this university is a wonderful school full of wonderful opportunities and I could not see myself being anywhere else.

When I came to NC State I was a little worried about the size, but once I got here I knew it was the right choice for me. Because we are such a large school it is important for students to get involved in campus activities to make sure they get the most out of what NC State has to offer. There are hundreds of clubs, teams, and organizations to get involved with, and plenty of ways to get out and meet people. Another great part of NC State is that our students have a lot of school pride. Football games are so much fun, and State fans our known for our tailgates before the games. Overall NC State is a great fit for me, and has tons to offer any student that goes here.

My overall opinion is that State is a great school that is very strong in all different aspects. The Vet school is one of the top in the nation along with the College of Textiles and Engineering. There are so many different organizations (over 600) to get involved with so it is so easy to make friends! Even though the school is large, the student to faculty ratio is about 17 to 1. It is easy to get to know your professors, and have a wonderful experience here at State. Since the campus is located so close to Raleigh, there is always something to do or places to go. The traditions and involvement on campus is awesome, and I have enjoyed my experience so far.

When I first applied to North Carolina State Univesity I did not know much about it, I did not live in the Raleigh area and only heard of it because of NCAA Athletics. Yet after 3 wonderful years as a member of the Wolfpack, I can now say how proud I am of attending this University. It is not only a Nation-wide known and recognized University, also on a global level the wolfpack is well represented. North Carolina State University has given me many opportunities and resources towards a career and at an affordable price. Here is also where I have made life long friends and possible future career partners.

The best thing about NC State would have to be the school pride. Whether you are at a football game or just walking around campus, being a member of the Wolfpack is an amazing feeling. Even though we have a large population of over 30,000 students, it is very easy to connect with others through individual academic colleges and student organizations. Due to my major, I spend a lot of my time on NC State’s beautiful Centennial Campus. However, I always make sure to stop by the brickyard in the heart of campus to check out the fun events and activities that constantly occur throughout the year.

Overall, I honestly can say I am at the perfect school for me. I enjoy being on such a large campus with over 20,000 students but also enjoy the intimacy of developing relationships with my peers and faculty. School pride is one thing I cherish on this campus. Students from all walks of life come together for different causes, as well as on game days. North Carolina State University is known for it's great academics but there are many things besides academics that make NCSU unique, such as the strong- knit community and the endless opportunities that are available for students.

I really like NC State, from the diverse people, to the ACC sports, to the awesome weekends. The best thing about the school is the education you receive, and the fact that you are very likely to have a job at graduation. NC State is huge, which I like. Chances are, I will see a new person everyday, if not several. When I tell people I go to State, and especially when I say I am in engineering, they are immediately impressed. There is more school pride at NC State than anywhere on the planet, just listen to the noise level at Carter-Finely on game day.

There is no doubt that NC State University was the right choice for me. Whether I'm taking in the sights of the Memorial Bell Tower on my way to class, or meeting up with friends at the library, I am always reminded that NC State has given me a great institution to learn and grow. Most of all, my favorite aspect of NCSU is the balance between academics and athletics. There is definitely a rush of school pride once you have finished a week of studying, only to scream even harder on Wolfpack game days with all of your friends.

I love NC State because it is so diverse. I love the different people that attend the school. I like the fact that everyone at NC State is very career oriented and focused on school. Of course, students at NC State still have time to have fun but when it come to studying, we all focus extrememely hard. I expecially like NC State because so many people at NC State are there for the same reasons as myself, we all want to get a good education and we definitly get that at NC State.

In my opinion our school is too big. It is only because I went to a small private school my whole life so this has been a major adjustment for me. I have also found that Raleigh is not so much of a college town because there are not that many places to hang out. The unusual thing about NCSU is that there are colleges that you have to apply to and get into within the college itself. I think it is a very strange way of setting up a university.