North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

The best thing about NCSU is the relaxed environment. It's common to walk outside your dorm and find students laid out on the grass sun tanning. One thing that I would change is the demographics. As far as the size of undergraduate students, my school is just right. Although the statistics may seem big, in reality it's not. I spend most of my time on Central Campus around the Tri-Towers. In addition to that, late nights are spent at the Wolves Den (Sports Bar located in Talley Student Center). Overall, NCSU's administration is very supportive of students ideas and opinions. The biggest recent controversy on campus was the noose found in the bathroom. I wish the school would have done more about it. Pride is an understatement when it comes to how much Wolfpackers express their loyalty. The most frequent student complaints are on advising and dining.

The opportunities on campus. There was always an event going on in the brickyard, and a lot of students, from different organizations would work together for a cause. I think that NC State is a good size. I wanted to go to a larger school, but not one that was overwhelming. Many people, when I tell them I go to NCSU, talk about what a good school it is. I spend most of my time around the Court of Carolinas because many of my classes are over there. I think that NCSU has a diverse, yet qualified, array of teachers. However, I feel that many of our advisors do not have time for us, and we need as much guidance as we can get. One experience I will remember about NCSU is Service Raleigh. When I went to Reynolds, I was amazed to see how many sorority/fraternity and other organizations were there to help clean-up Raleigh.

NCSU is in the heart of Raleigh, in the research triangle of universities. It's also the biggest public college in the state (though you still see people you know around campus regularly). Nearly every building on campus is made of red brick, so it's not exactly attractive... but you grow to like it. We have a rivalry with UNC (Chapel Hill) which they try to claim isn't real, even though it's been going on since before Duke was even established. There is a ton of school pride in regards to sports, and we consistently have the best college football fans in the state. We also typically have the best football team in the state, though that's not saying much at all. Our basketball program is traditionally good, though right now it's struggling.

I love going to NCSU. I think the campus is large, but its definitely just right for me. I love the sports aspect of our school (tailgates, basketball etc.) I grew up in Raleigh so before i came to state i didn't consider it a "college town" and i don't know if i still would, but the area of NCSU (Hillsborough) is definitely the college part of town. I don't know if you could call it a controversy but Student Body President elections were last week, and with the murder of UNC's SBP Eve Carson, there was a little tension in the air during elections. There is definitely alot of school pride at NCSU. You can tell that we love the school we go to and are loyal to the pack!

Best thing about NCSU is there is a lot of school pride. One thing I would change is how far the buildings are for class. The school in my eyes is too large. When I tell ppl I go to NCSU they are happy for me. I spend most of my time on campus in my room. NCSU administration is excellent. The biggest recent controversy on campus has been all the robberies. Yes there is a lot of school pride. All the bricks were unusual to me at first but now they are fine. One experience I will always remember is being a cheerleader here @ State. Most frequent student complaints are the smoking rules are not being enforced at all, people are still to close to buildings.

NCSU is in Raleigh NC close to UNC and Wake Forest so it is very much a college town. The school is very large and I like it that way. When I tell someone that I go to NC State people in the state usually say they went there to because that is where most of the people from North Carolina go. People from out of state do not know too much about it but they usually realize that it is a good school. There is a lot of school pride here, and the fans are very good but sometimes very harsh. The only student complaints I usually hear are about sports but our athletics program is decent now but definitely on the rise, as most of the students know.

The best thing about NCSU is the campus activity. Theres always something going on. One thing I'd change is that theres always construction on campus. Like i said theres something always going on including updates and remodeling. I like new buildings but at the same time construction areas can be a hassel. I am from a very small town so i think NC States size is just right. My hometown is half the size of NC States population. When I am not in my dorm I am usually in central campus. Most of my classes are in the sciences labs so i spend alot of time there. There is alot of school pride. Although I think there could be more school spirit.

Our school is one of the largest in North Carolina but when you get to campus it does not feel that big. We have a pretty compact campus and once you get into your college,you tend to see a lot of the same faces and it does not make you feel overwhellemed by the size. I love that about State. Raleigh is a excllent college city-- downtown is just a short ride down the road and if you dont drive the bus system is pretty awesome. Downtown Raleigh has a lot of bars, clubs, resturants, art gallaries, musuems and more. I think its a great place to be in colleg because it is also surround by many other universities and it has alot to offer.

The best thing about NCSU is the down home feel. I thought that moving from a small town to a large city would be really hard, but it's not. NCSU still has the southern hospitality and polite people in the big city. It's the best of both world - lots of shopping and really nice people. One of the most frequent student complaints is that we are always compared to UNC and that we are not as good as a school as them. In fact, our engineering school is one of our biggest colleges and our textile school is ranked, as well. People also forget about our vet school being one of the top in the nation.

The one thing that bothers me the most about NCSU is it seems that a large portion of the student body loves Carolina. Sure, some students were born and raised in Carolina blue, but I believe that once you set foot on State's campus, you should at least not wear their t-shirts to class-ESPECIALLY on the day we play them. I understand you can't change how you were raised, but seeing so much of that baby blue on our red campus is annoying and embarrassing. I don't think it's unfair to ask that NC State students don't wear Carolina or Duke apparrel to class. Wear any other clothing item.