North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Condsidering I have wanted to attend NCSU since I was in 3rd grade, I had some pretty high expectations when I got there. Fortunately, NCSU met & even surpassed all of my expectations. The location is amazing! The campus sits right outside of downtown Raleigh and there are plenty of places to go hang out & have a laid back dinner with friends. Also, we have an unbelievable amount of school spirit. If you aren't wearing red, singing the fight song and screaming your heart out at our sporting events, then we know you must not be a part of the pack!

The best thing about NCSU is that its my junior year and I can still meet someone new and perhaps with a different perspective on things then me every day if I choose to. Although it is a large school which I like because I like to meet new people and have a variety of classes and extra curriculars to choose from. However, I also like that I no matter when or where I walk through campus, 9 times out of 10 I am going to run into someone I know. Although it is a large campus I have been able to find my niche in it and make friends.

My favorite thing about NCSU is the football games. We just got a new coach, and our record hasn't been super amazing in the past few years. But that doesn't matter to State fans. We are out there, rain or shine, no matter how early, to cheer on the Wolfpack. Tailgating and going to the games is something everyone does. You always run into people you know, everyone has a good time. Each year, football season reminds me of what everyone there has in common...love and support for North Carolina State.

Best Thing: Diversity Change: the layout of NCSU campus to feel more like a community Reactions: depends who I am speaking to, usually positive responses Time spent most: College of Textiles NCSU Administration: friendly and somewhat helpful Controversy: School Pride: somewhat, however there could definitely be more Unusual: It has a ridiculously large and spread out campus making it impossible to have the communal feeling found at other universities Experience: Student Complaints: campus

The best thing is my sisters. The one thing I'd change is all the bricks on campus. I think the size of the school is pretty good. People don't really react when i say I go to NCSU. Greek Life office or in classes. Somewhere in between, there is college life, but there's so much more too. Doesn't do the best with incliment weather. The LGBT center. Most of the time. Nothing unusual. That homecoming competitions are rigged. Too many bricks, bus system suck.

I think the size is just right. It's small enough where you can get to know people, but it's big enough so you don't see the same people everywhere all the time. Since a lot of people from my highschool came here, it's nice to see them every once in a while, but the campus is big enough that I don't see them all the time. I like it being in the city, too. It's nice to have places to go away from campus. There's a lot of school spirit, also which I like.

-The best thing is when we have good weather its perfect!! - - its perfect size for me not to big and not to small -they as how far away the beach is and they're jealous b/c they're stuck up in the cold in PA -i spend most of my time in my dorm - -some of them have no idea what they're talking about a couple of the classes ive been taking i have to teach myself the material becuase my teachers dont help. -not much school pride -

NCSU is by far the best school in the country. There are many students here but you would never know it. Everyone is extremely friendly and everyone has a lot of school spirit. We all support our athletics even if they sometimes do not have the best seasons. I love going to the football and basketball games. Our campus is not the most beautiful but I love it and there is no other place I would rather be.

State has everything you could possibly think of! From division 1 athletics, amazing facilities, top of the notch academics and an amazing proximity to the country's number 1 ranked city- raleigh-- what's not to love? Raleigh itself is a mecca for city dwellers, and nature enthusiasts, and NC State is right in the middle. We've got downtown Raleigh, Pullen Park, and a ton of other places to enjoy.

The best thing about NCSU is its students- it is a diverse group of students that are well rounded and supportive of the school and each other. There is definetly no lack in school pride here. The school itself is perfect size and I wouldn't change anything about it. I love it just the way it is. Raleigh is definetly a college town. It is fun, exciting, and full of opportunities for students.