North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Anyone can attend NC State, there are multiple diverse opportunites at the University. The people here are really down to earth, and on a whole very friendly. There is a large agricultural based program here at State, but there are also many design students and engineering students. NC State is what the individual makes of their experience, but on a whole professors, faculty and fellow students are very willing to help new and fellow students along the way. The counseling service and career services I have received personally have been exemplary, and have helped me become a successful individual.

North Carolina State University is a top engineering school. Personally, I chose to attend for a couple of different reasons. First, they offer a great Science Education Program. Second, many of the classes in the Science Education Program are offered online or in the evening which allows me to pursue my Master's part-time. The science classes I have taken are second to none. The professors are engaged and dedicated to student learning and mastery of the content. As far as fellow students, every person I have encountered in classes or just walking across campus has been friendly.

The perfect NC State student is creative, open-minded, enthusiastic, and possesses lots of school spirit. People who learn best in interactive group settings will do well at this school, as there is a strong focus on collaboration. The student community puts a strong emphasis on maintaining a healthy school to social life balance. Cut-throat and competitive students will not fit in well at this school because the rest of the student body knows that a balanced state of mind comes from integrating schoolwork with strong friendships and participation in extra-curricular activities.

Everyone should attend NCSU! One of the advantages of being on a large campus is that there is something for everyone. NCSU offers such a wide variety of academic programs that everyone can fit in. While we are known for engineering and other sciences, we have a fantastic college of humanities and a renowned college of design. In addition, we are known for our textiles program. There truly is something for everyone at NCSU. Just make sure that you are a football fan, because Wolfpack football and other athletics are important to school pride!

NCSU is a highly selcetive school academically and a very popular social place demographically so only the the organized and well balanced survive. Isay that because it is easy to lose focus of your priorities with so many other awesome things going on all around you. State is a school for the bright and friendly.The courageous and curious. The one who isnt afraid to take things a little farther or challenge the norm. There are 30,000+ students here and if you what to stand out just being dedicated is a great way to start.

NC State is open to a variety of different people but a person who is sociable, not intimidated by a large campus, willing to focus on their academic career, and open-minded but not too liberal because unfortunately the student population leans toward the conservative side will do best here. Greek life is active but does not always define a person and this is not a huge party school, although there is definitely a good social atmosphere. Campus life could be a lot better and engaging, but there are usually things to do!

Students who attend this school should be bright, free-thinking minds who not only have the desire for nearly unparalleled knowledge, but also posess the drive to constantly work hard and earn their degree and refuse to have it handed to them. A student who values professors who treat them as equal adults with responsibilities and respect will be at home here, as long as they they too respect their professor. this school truly educates the elite minds of society, and I am proud to call myself a student.

Someone who does not do well in large classes should not attend this school. While there are some small classes, there are also many larger ones. Someone who really wants to get involved should come to NCSU. There are so many activities, clubs, sports, etc. to get involved in. An NCSU student should also have tons of schools spirit and attend the football, basketball, baseball, volleyball games, etc. even if he/she doesn't like sports. They are always a ton of fun and he/s he can get free stuff!

A person who is motivated and knows what they want out of life. Someone who is willing to work hard and make alot of sacrifice to reach there goals. A dedicated worker that does not give up on task that are difficult or a task that many others have failed. The kind of person who attend this college should have alot of preserverance and the willingness to jump over many obstacles. A well organized and task oriented students is the kind of person that should attend North Carolina State University.

Someone who wants the best opportunities for future employment set right infront of them and have a good time while learning. NC State has some incredible systems set up to get kids access to resources that help get them job ready. The career center is very active on campus, and the clubs are all very easy to join and get involved in. It is easy to stay active at State, weather someone's definition of active is through religion, sports, videogames, academics, or just hanging out with friends.