North Carolina State University at Raleigh Top Questions

shannon

If you want small class sizes, for your professors to hold your hand thorugh assignments, and dont plan to put mcuh time into the material outside of class then dont bother applying. NCSU has a steep learning curve, espesially in its STEM courses. The professors are willing to help you the best they can but they will not seek you out; there are too many students to do that. Besides design and textiles, if you are more liberal arts (english, art, etc) minded I would recomend a different school as we are primarily a STEM school

You shouldn't attend this school if you don't like big colleges. You always see someone new walking to class everyday, and class sizes are usually pretty big. If you don't like being challenged in your studies and learning new things everyday, you shouldn't attend this school. Also, if you don't like football, NCSU isn't the school for you.

Benton

This school is for anyone who likes a city atomosphere.

Xavier

Someon who doesn't like a big campus or large class sizes.

Anyone that does not like going to a big school.

Shouldn't attend is a wrong way of saying it any person can attend NC State as long as the person is willing to take school serious, go to class, and have the grades.

Students with majors in the college of sciences and college ofengineering will be challenged ever day in and out of class. All students planning to join NC State with a engineering or science degree should arrive ready to work hard, and even more importantly, work with other students on a regular basis. Any student that is not ready to work with other students should consider a different path for their education.

Kaitrin

In my opinon, anyone could make NC State their own, as long as they were willing to make an effort to find their niche. NC State is a very diverse campus, and chances are that anyone could find the one group of people that they would fit in with the best. Personally, I was terrified going to college, I thought I wouldn't find any friends. However, I managed to find a group of people that have made my experience fantastic.

People who are undedicated to their work truly do not belong at North Carolina State University. Those who attend the school are passoniate about their field of study and want to be in school.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who does not want to work hard. The academics are rigorous at NCSU and it will take hard work and determination to graduate. But, much will be learned and a job after graduation is often guarunteed.

Anyone very interested in engineering and partying.

Fans of the University of North Carolina! NC State students are very passionate about their school spirit. With the University of North Carolina and Duke University so close by, there is a lot of rivalry in both academics and sports. It makes attending schools in the area a lot of fun because everyone has so much pride in their education and their athletics. The fraternity and sorority housing at NC State is kind of poor but it is getting redone in the next couple of years.

An individual that does not like large campuses or is not willing to work hard.

Chelsey

Honestly, I feel that anyone, no matter what race, sex, major choice, etc., would fit in perfectly at NCState. When applying for this school, one of the main points that they advocated was diversity which is what made me attracted to the school instantly. Not only is NCState diverse, it also offers a very wide range of major choices including 12 colleges within the university tending to specific majors. They help guide those who are undecided about majors and keep those who are decided on track. Its a fantastic school and I think anyone could attend and be happy.

An example of someone who should not attend NC State is someone who does not plan on going into a field requiring science or advanced mathematics (since NC State is a research university) , or someone who has trouble coping with large crowds of people. NC State is a large university numbering over 35,000 people, who have many differing world views and a variety of people, so this school may not be a good choice for someone that does not do well when faced with adversity or differing opinions than their own.

If you want small class sizes and personal attention. Do NOT GO HERE. This school is huge and therefore everything is automatic responses and your treated not like an individual.

Someone that wants to be pampered and made feel special. NCSU is big, and you don't get as much individual attention except in your major.

Ezekial

Someone who easily feels left out and/or does not actively try to participate in making friends or other activities may not want to attend NC State. The school is large, and although there are many programs, activities and friendly people, the general atmosphere is not conducive for daily interaction with others unless a genuine effort is made. In other words, it is essential to be open-minded and socially forward at NC State. Shy people and those who tend to feel timid in social situations will have a hard time adjusting to the agressive social life here.

Someone who does not like a big school should not attend this school. Here at NC State, you see new people everyday due to the 30,000+ student population. Classes are often held in auditorium-type rooms with around 200-300 people. The campus is large and there is quite a bit of walking to get used to.

If you don't like brick, don't come to State. This campus is built of brick. And if you need a lot of open green space, there is very little around campus. If you want small intimate classes, the majority of the time State is not for you. For example, it is not uncommon to have a 400 person economics class or a 250 person introductory chemistry class. If your focused on sports, our sports program is okay but definitely not top ranked except for gymnastics and soccer.

There is really something for everybody here. North Carolina State has a great design school, a great education school, and many science and agricultural degrees. I cannot think of a school at NC State that isn't well known and that doesn't have a good reputation. Raleigh, being the state capital, has something for everyone as well.

The kind of person who should attend this school would be a hard core party kind of person who does not want to attend classes and does not want to learn. People who want to have fun all the time will not make it because college is not about having fun every day but to learn what you want to do in your life for your future.

Susan

In comparison to other schools around, this is not a party school and you do have to be serious with the way you plan your time. You can leave some time for partying and some time for studing. It is advised to create study groups. I personally think that this school is for everyone, since it is such a large university, you can always trade majors into something else.

Abra

If you aren't willing to get out there and meet people, this probably isn't the school for you. There's a lot of brick and rain, so it's important to have close friends to prop you up when the weather gets you down. You should be pretty self-driven because it's rather easy to flunk out of this school depending on your curriculum. People who are not willing to ask for help will not do well here.

People that are unmotivated and are looking for a party school. People here at North Carolina State University are very focused on their studies and their future. While there is partying that does occur, it does not happen as often as other schools.

A person that should not attend this school is some one who doesnt work hard for their grades.

Kenneth

The type of person who shouldnt attend this school is someone who gets lost in the crowd easily or someone who does like being around a lot of people. Immattyre people should not attend this school.

Erikka

NC State is a melting pot of a large variety of people from many different cultures and backgrounds. I believe anyone could fit in at NCSU and enjoy their college life there. However, unless a student has a passion and a desire for learning, maybe NC State would not be the best choice. NC State prides itself on academics, and the professors push their students to be the best they can possibly be.

If you're not good at school, and you think you can squeeze into the engineering program, don't. It is very difficult. As for the rest of the school, no one should feel discouraged.

Jeannine

A liberal arts-liberal minded-environmentally friendly-open minded-lover of art-kind of student. I have found that many students at NC State are somewhat closed minded and frankly, a little bit racist. Students at NC State tend to stick with their own groups, their own friends, and not really make an effort to befriend someone different.

Someone who isn't open to new experiences. People attend college to learn about the world and to be diverse.

There are all sorts of people here! I believe anyone could find a place for themselves here!

The only type of person i would recomend not come to this school would be someone who is going to college to have fun and party instead of get a degree. The school is more focused on getting a person a degree than it is about partying. There are plenty of "party" schools out there and I do not think that NC State is one of those.