North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

In comparison to other schools around, this is not a party school and you do have to be serious with the way you plan your time. You can leave some time for partying and some time for studing. It is advised to create study groups. I personally think that this school is for everyone, since it is such a large university, you can always trade majors into something else.

You shouldn't attend this school if you don't like big colleges. You always see someone new walking to class everyday, and class sizes are usually pretty big. If you don't like being challenged in your studies and learning new things everyday, you shouldn't attend this school. Also, if you don't like football, NCSU isn't the school for you.

A liberal arts-liberal minded-environmentally friendly-open minded-lover of art-kind of student. I have found that many students at NC State are somewhat closed minded and frankly, a little bit racist. Students at NC State tend to stick with their own groups, their own friends, and not really make an effort to befriend someone different.

There is really something for everybody here. North Carolina State has a great design school, a great education school, and many science and agricultural degrees. I cannot think of a school at NC State that isn't well known and that doesn't have a good reputation. Raleigh, being the state capital, has something for everyone as well.

The only type of person i would recomend not come to this school would be someone who is going to college to have fun and party instead of get a degree. The school is more focused on getting a person a degree than it is about partying. There are plenty of "party" schools out there and I do not think that NC State is one of those.

The kind of person who should attend this school would be a hard core party kind of person who does not want to attend classes and does not want to learn. People who want to have fun all the time will not make it because college is not about having fun every day but to learn what you want to do in your life for your future.

Someone who does not like a big school should not attend this school. Here at NC State, you see new people everyday due to the 30,000+ student population. Classes are often held in auditorium-type rooms with around 200-300 people. The campus is large and there is quite a bit of walking to get used to.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who does not want to work hard. The academics are rigorous at NCSU and it will take hard work and determination to graduate. But, much will be learned and a job after graduation is often guarunteed.

People that are unmotivated and are looking for a party school. People here at North Carolina State University are very focused on their studies and their future. While there is partying that does occur, it does not happen as often as other schools.

The type of person who shouldnt attend this school is someone who gets lost in the crowd easily or someone who does like being around a lot of people. Immattyre people should not attend this school.