North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Two things: Number one, the brick. There is a TON of brick on campus! Almost all the buildings are completely brick, the sidewalks and pathways are brick, and of course, the brickyard in front of the library. It adds a special character the campus. I find it very pretty, it also makes the green of the grass and the trees really pop when everything is in full bloom. Number two, class sizes. In my major of education and mathematics, I am in the College of Education (CED) and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (PAMS). CED is highly selective in who they select to be a part of their college. This allows me to be a part of small classes (15-40 students) at such a large university. Only three of may classes have been above 50 students.

I feel that the faculty and resources are the best things about my school. The professors are highly qualified and offer a great deal of help when asked. They are easy to talk to connect with. Professors and other faculty also aid students substantially in networking. They often contact students about events and job/internship opportunities which helps a great deal. Many students, myself included, are often bogged down with work and don't have much time for other things. With professors informing us about these events/opportunities, it makes life much easier.

Where to start? The reason I chose NCSU was because of all the amazing opportunities offered at the undergraduate level. Instead of applying into your major two years into college, students are already in their given major by their freshman year. In addition to that, the faculty are constantly involved in research and giving undergraduates the opportunity to get research experience early on. With a beautiful campus and long standing traditions, students at NCSU truly feel apart of the Wolfpack family even in the largest public school in North Carolina.

The opportunities at NC State are plentiful. The number and variety of student organizations, from sports to academics, mean that there really is something for everyone. As a woman in engineering I expected to be one of the few, but NC State was ready. Through Women in Science and Engineering, or WISE, I have met fellow women with similar interests. WISE helped me transition to college, they showed me where my classes were and have tutors available to guide you through college classes. If you want to learn and have fun, NC State is the place to be.

The best thing here at NC State is the greeting and introduction to a wonderful academic career. You start out by taking tours with the smiling students who attend the very university. Then, when you finally decide to join the Wolfpack, you go through Orientation where you familiarize yourself with the student leaders, and join in on every bit of fun the univeristy has to offer! This kind of welcoming introduces the academically-rich student body into State in such a way that will be remembered for their entire careers at NC State. Go Wolfpack!

The best thing about my school is that it provides a relaxing environment in which you feel accepted and liked. Many colleges are overrated due to their success in such things as sports, which covers up the true reason to attend college. The campus itself is well designed with everything revolving around central campus. As a freshman, I have yet to get lost and I find everything accesible. My professors come from all around the world, and so knowledge is diverse here. The school itself is within the top 10 engineering schools in the United States.

The best thing about my school is the overall environment including both University staff and students. The North Carolina State University environment offers friendly staff who are always willing to help you in any way that they can. The outreach of the people at NC State makes the educational experience exceptional over other Universities because it provides a positive outlook on students' education. There is no excuss for failure at NC State with the number of people waiting to help you with any problem that may arise.

The resources available to students of every major are amazing at this institution. At the moment, I am enrolled in the college of engineering, and we have access to so many opportunities that likely are not available to engineering students at other colleges. For example, we have several 3D printer labs that any student can use. We also have guest speakers visit on a regular basis - several months ago the architect who design the Burj Khalifa visited NC State, and that's just one of many! In general NCSU is awesome.

The best thing about my school is the overall spirit. Students, faculty, and alumni truly love the school and spend countless hours making it a better place. There is great pride in the school and strong bonds between students. This makes for a competetive, but cooperative, environment that is essential to strong performance in the classroom, in research, in athletics, and in the arts. Using this pride, students and others band together to give back to the community on campus and in the surrounding communities.

The best thing about NC State is the location. I love being near the capital. There's job oppurtunities...you aren't too far from the beach or the mountains. There's plenty of entertainment and sports. There are a lot of other things to do other than school. NC State also has excellent extracircular activitites and clubs. I am part of the club lacrosse team. The club lacrosse team gives me the oppurtunity to enjoy the sport I love, stay in shape, and travel to other schools to play their teams.