North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

My school offers a variety of classes to take both for my major, and also for other electives needed to graduate. NC State is well known for its diversity, and I have learned to appreciate the fact they do so. State has made me a better student in the year and a half I've been there, mainly because the curriculum is so much harder than a lot of "engineering focused" colleges. However, the challenge makes every day more and more interesting and also helps make me a stronger person.

I consider the community environment to be the best part of NC state. Its the biggest University in North Carolina, but to me it feels like one of the most supportive and unified community that I have ever been apart of. Everyone I see passionate about the school and is glad to be there. There is a lot of support in the classroom and in your everyday life to be your best in whatever you choose and it is nice to always have the community behind you to reach your goals.

North Carolina State is a University that is dedicated to research and innovation, not only in North Carolina, but across the nation. Competition for acceptance is as competitive as it gets around the nation, and I am proud of my achievement of acceptance. North Carolina State will open numerous doors for me in the professional world, and give me the leg up on my peers that I will be competing with in the ever-increasingly tough job markets.

The best thing about my school would have to be the Honors Program. It provides great opportunities for research, as well as access to special events, and the people there have become some of my best friends. There's always something exciting happening, whether it's the accordian player, sword-fight practice, a paint war, volleyball, tie-dyeing, philosophical debates, or even building sandcastles, I am never bored when I'm there.

This is a large enough school that you are free to take a variety of classes and meet a variety of people, but not so large that you become lost in the crowd. I enjoyed this since I was able to make many friends and interact with people similar to me, but I also met and befriended many people that I may not have spoken to in another environment. Among those people, I met my husband, so we are both extremely fond of NC State.

The best thing I love about my school is how helpful faculty/staff can be once you get to know them. I also believe that the help the school makes available (i.e. tutoring services) is very good and benefits all students who apply themselves. The help you can receive from all these resources here are great. It really depends on the student and how they try to get help because resources are plentiful here.

The variety. NC State is a big school that provides so many opportunities for students to get involved. There is definitely something for everyone here. Whether it be a club, sport, hobby, religious affiliation, academic major, etc. Anyone and everyone can find a group or friends to get involved with that you don't even notice that the school is so big. And the school spirit is awesome!!

I consider the best thing to be the professors. I have never had a professor who was not enganing and who did not try hard to help the student succeed. These professors are for the most part welcoming and are willing to work with the student to help them imporve and learn. Even when the class size is large the professors still try and make themselves accessible to the students.

The best thing about North Carolina State University is the love for the school. Every student shows Wolfpack pride for every sporting event. No matter if it deals with athletic events, students love to be a part of the Wolfpack. There is a T-Shirt that a student can buy that says "Peace. Love. Wolfpack." One will forever and always be a part of the Wolfpack family.

The pride that is held with each NC State student follows you for a lifetime. Once a wolfpack, always a wolfpack is completely true. There is a camaraderie between NC State graduates that is unparalleled. NC State is located in an area that is conducive to new graduates. There are jobs to be found within the Triangle that is greatly beneficial for new graduates.