North Carolina State University at Raleigh Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Carolina State University at Raleigh

Ella

I hate it. Their English program sucks and almost everyone that I've had in any writing class is rude, condenscending, not supportive, and have to say how THEY work fix it. I don't feel safe because of all the emails I've been getting and it's in downtown Raleigh (it gets crazy at night). And the staff have proven to be rude and useless (aside from some teachers). So I am looking to go to an online school.

Sade

NC State, like any other university, offers the good and the bad. The beautiful bricks, the scenic view from the window seats by the bookstacks of Hill Library, and the amazing ice cream are all wonderful aspects of being a part of the Pack. Oh, and how could I forget the free T-shirt giveaways on the Brickyard! And nothing compares to Agriculture Appreciation Week when our farm animals are housed on the Brickyard for a week. Who doesn't love seeing sheep, alpacas, cows, calves, and pigs! Even better is being able to pet them! NCSU will certainly leave me with some good memories. But, it will also leave me with some bad ones too. The College of Engineering is one of the most (if not the most) popular college at NC State. Due to this, the program is very rigorous and sometimes I do not feel or receive the support that I need. Sometimes, I feel like I am just a number. Of course, none of this is said to scare someone away from the Pack. In fact, if I could leave anyone with any advice, I would say: "When you hit your personal rock bottom (possibly by making your first C in your academic career, failing to be accepted into the College of Engineering on the first try, or failing an exam that you spent hours upon hours studying for) know that you can get back up! At State, you will be challenged. You will be annoyed. You will be stressed. But, you can do it! When you walk across that stage at the end of four years (or five, or six, because it happens), you will be able to throw your Wolfie in the air with pride because YOU made it happen."

NC State offers a huge variety of activities for all types of students - the artsy, the sporty, the outdoorsy, the nerdy, and the in-between. Located minutes from the center of North Carolina's capital, there are also plenty of areas to explore. NC State is one of the top engineering schools in the south, with probably the coolest library in the nation. While NC State boasts with southern culture, the school is also full of diversity. Overall, NC State is a fantastic school. Any student can feel right at home here.

Tatiana

Sure the food is okay, the academics are exceptional, our engineer facilities are world-known. However, there is a major dynamic to be found in the student community. Our campus has a 35,000+ population and sure, everyone is not going to get along with everybody. But, there is a divide that can be found between minority students and non-minority students. This university preaches and advocates that they are diverse and inclusive. However, once you get to campus, the minority community is not thought about and scarcely represented in and outside of the classroom. Members of the various minority groups on campus often feel unrepresented and uncomfortable on campus. This is not something that we should have to deal with nor are we going to stand for. While there are some organizations and departments that are making an effort to reform this issue, there is still a long way to go.

Annalyn

North Carolina State University is an incredibly diverse community with a plethora of resources available from student health services to walk in advisers. There is never a dull moment, from the farmers market in the plaza to the bustling hub of Talley Student Union! It truly is a wonderful place to meet new friends and push ourselves to achieve our goals.

Valeriia

I love it!

Evan

Overall a well-rounded, excellent school for anyone pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or higher degree. NC State is family. Where as everyone attends for specific reasons but ultimately wants to achieve the same goal. To clubs ranging from Hackathon enthusiasts to competitive Quidditch teams, successful bass-fishing teams, to clubs tackling present issues around the country and around the globe. You find students who share the same interests, upcomings, and goals; a similar trend among other universities, but here you also meet people otherwise you would never have the chance to meet. These students have traveled from over 100+ countries and nationstates, just to attend this university. Diversity is strong, respected, and something I've come to appreciate. NC State students are paving a road to a better tomorrow, not because they were taught to, but rather because the students want to. We wants to work together to achieve something great, and that's what makes me proud to be part of the Wolfpack. (Plus football games are pretty sweet too) Go Pack!

Justice

I love NCState! This university is the best around, everyone is friendly and helpful to each other, the teachers and staff smile and say hello, the buildings are clean and there are so many resources for learning I'm drowning in knowledge. Whatever I set my mind to, be it hanging with friends, 3D printing, or learning how to build a house, NCState has me covered. I kind of don't ever want to leave...

Santiago

It is an amazing and beautiful school. It has great academics and it is an awesome place to live. North Carolina is a awesome state and i would highly recommend it to anyone. It is a diverse community of people striving to better themselves. The Wolfpack is a family I am proud to be apart of and I love my school.

Maddie

NCSU has a lot of opportunities for a variety of people. Sports? Check. Arts? Check. Variety of clubs and activities outside of class? Check. Debates, screenings, guest speakers? Check. There are an incredible amount of resources available if trouble arises or someone needs help with anything from classes to mental health. The libraries are incredibly helpful and the teachers seem to enjoy their work. Overall it is a very nice college for students of all kind.

Sam

NCSU is amazing, I love it here. The people are great, there is always something to do, campus is pretty, we are right next to downtown Raleigh, and it is ranked well academically. GO PACK

elayne

Fantastic university. My husband was a student here and now my son is. We have loved this school and would highly recommend it for anyone. The campus is clean, safe and beautiful. The staff is responsive and patient with all your questions. The facilities are new and modern.

Renee

I believe that NC State is a great school for those with spirited interest in engineering who are not entirely sure what major they want to enter yet. The College of Engineering thrives on trying to help students find the right major for them. The school itself has a very welcoming atmosphere, and I definitely feel safe - much safer than I originally thought I would be living in a big city like Raleigh. Overall, NC State is really amazing, and I am proud to be a member of the Wolfpack!

Brianna

North Carolina State University has been a blast for me. The teachers are great, the classes are awesome, but the people are amazing. There's so much to get involved in. Any night, there's something happening on campus. All of the facilities are great as well. I highly recommend NC State.

Amber

NC State is a great school to attend. I felt welcomed from the very beginning. Although the campus is huge, it truly does have a small community feel. The facilities are state of the art and you have access to unlimited technology. There is a lot of opportunity at NCSU.

Anna

I absolutely love NC State. Going to this school was the best four years of my life. I met many of my lifelong friends, I learned so much more than just academics. However, the academic program I was in was amazing; the professors were so knowledgable and great at their jobs. The extracurricular opportunities at NC State are unending. There was always something to do, or be a part of on campus and to this day the campus still holds sentimental value for me.

Michelle

North Carolina State University is a great school to attend. The coursework is challenging but the professors keep regular office hours and have TA's available. The campus is friendly and the students mostly study hard. Sports and extracurricular life are a daily part of the campus. Food is pretty good overall.

Danielle

I'm glad I went here instead of other colleges in the area. A wide variety of people can be found here from every end of the spectrum, and the college is very tightly entwined with Raleigh (despite Raleigh not being considered much of a college town). The staff genuinely care about the students, and are interested in their success. The facilities are new and great, and interesting activities are happening every weekend. Everyone here is truly proud to be a member of the Wolfpack.

Moving to North Carolina State University at Raleigh last year was initially quite the adjustment, as it would be at any college. However, I feel like I have literally grown 10 years older and 6 feet taller in the past year living in-and-out of Raleigh, attending NC State. I absolutely love my college; I am finding my own niche here and finding my true self at the same time. I have gotten involved with clubs and joined a fraternity that means the absolute world to me. There are plenty people like oneself that share common interests and goals, and there's always occasions to meet more friends and connections. The professional development opportunities are endless. Everything I never had access to in my small hometown, I now am able to discover and learn. NCSU never stops trying to provide more and better for its students. The list goes on for miles if you were to write down all of the incredible resources made available to students. Continuous efforts to improve students' education makes me question how much more valuable this experience can really get.

Yasmin

North Carolina State University is a great college.

Tamera

I visited NC State one time, so I don't really have a huge opinion on it, but what I did see I really enjoyed! There were tons of activities happening on the campus and a bunch of people smiled and waved at me. I even had a few freshman come talk to me about choosing to go there. Which, I really do!

Addison

I think it's a very good school in a great location.

Mabel

Love it cant wait to continue my academic career here.The campus was beautiful, there were a lot of things to do, the food was good, and I met a lot of nice peopleNorth Carolina State University is a top-notch school with stellar professors, a vibrant student body, and plenty of opportunities for students. From the moment I stepped on campus, I felt supported and cared for by the school. The professors, mentors and advisors I encountered were extremely helpful in my academic and personal journey.

Arianna

So far I love NCSU. It's a beautiful university with such a variety of people and opportunities. They're really trying to make students successful offering various tutoring centers, study groups, study areas, internship opportunities, career counselors and more. There are tons of extracurriculars to be a part of as well. Most people are nice and you can find people to bond with.

Alex

I have really enjoyed my time at North Carolina State University at Raleigh so far. It is a really great place to live and learn. There is always something happening on campus so it is very easy to get involved. The classes offered are generally taught very well.

Sadaf

NC State is a great school! It has a large and open campus, which is great for walking around in and exploring and there are plenty of study places. There are large libraries, plenty of coffee shops, and lots of room in the student union plus more! My biggest complaint, with the university would be that some of the buildings are designed in non-intuitive ways. Sometimes you can only access certain floors through certain elevators or there will be stairs leading to certain levels, but not all levels, and it can be a bit confusing and annoying. There also isn't that much lighting at night in a lot of places, but the area is usually pretty safe. But the academics are great and there is no shortage of extracurricular opportunities. There are several online resources to help you find those opportunities and it is easy to get in contact with professors and counselors who will gladly help you in courses or career decisions.

Jaspreet

A wonderful place to get a reputable education. Like many educational institutions, I believe there ought to be more critical thinking put into play, but I cannot say that I have not learned a great deal during my time at NC State. I do not regret my decision to attend.

Sydney

I was accepted to every university where I applied, but 30-minutes before the deadline to 'declare' a college I had no idea which university that I should choose. Surprising everyone, including myself, I selected NC State. It is the best decision that I've made thus far in my life. From the professors to the sporting teams and everything in between, there is a feeling of camaraderie between everyone on campus. The academics are rigorous, but the professors and other students are always willing to help you grasp the material. The intermural sports are competitive and there is an active Greek life. It is a huge school, but it feels like a close-knit community. And, if you love the game day experience, NC State won't let you down.

Jaycee

We bleed red & white!

Hailey

North Carolina State University is a one in a million kind of school. With world-renowned programs in STEM and Humanities fields alike, NC State University is the perfect fit for a student pursuing any major. As one of the top design schools in the country, with incredible band and theater groups, NC State also offers great opportunities for more artistic-minded students. With libraries like D.H. Hill and Hunt, you'll never run out of amazing resources and places to study- and, if the library isn't your scene, the residence halls all feature lounges and conferences rooms for studying during the week and relaxing on the weekends. Overall, North Carolina State University is an incredible place for students pursuing any major and with any extracurricular passions!

Phillip

Wonderful school to explore secondary education. Tons of extracurricular opportunities being a large university (Greek organizations, clubs, intramural sports). Athletics (part of the ACC conference) were a big draw to me attending this University, but the academics aren't to be disregarded. Wonderful professors and tech-oriented. Facilities are immaculate.

Kyle

NC State is a great school, with cutting-edge utilities and classrooms. Our professors really care about their students, and almost always make more than enough effort to make time for their students outside of the classroom. We are incredibly diverse, with many students foreign and domestic.

Jaron

Pretty good. I haven't been there long, but I have liked what I have experienced so far. the campus is nice, the students are nice, the food is nice, the professors are nice, everything is nice. I like it there! Overall, solid 4/5, but no school is perfect, so it would be very hard to get a 5/5 from me.

Citlali

While I'm certain that every student faces some amount of anxiety prior to entering college, I know for a fact that this experience can be even more stressful for minority students entering a PWI (predominantly white institution). I grew up in a Mexican family and my culture has always been very important to me however I worried that by entering a PWI I would not have have this same connection with my own culture or even have other Latino friends on campus. This on top of the many other stresses that come with starting fresh at a university plagued my summer. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I received an invitation to a Multicultural Symposium that was held at before the school year began for minority students. Here I had the opportunity to meet other minority students like myself while also learning about the many different resources that this school had to offer. By the time classes began my nerves were much more at ease now that I had a better feel for the school and didn't feel so alone. I was even able to join some of the many Latinx clubs that were available here which made adjusting to college so much easier now that I had found my own community. On top of this I have been able to learn about many other cultures and groups of people because of the emphasis that this school places on diversity education and inclusion. When I first joined NC State I knew that I would be joining a family of thousands of students but I didn't expect to also find my own community of Latinx students. I love NC State, I bleed red and white , and will forever be proud to call myself a member of the Wolfpack.

Madi

North Carolina State University is a powerful location for learning and expanding knowledge in STEM fields. There is always something going on, whether it be a movie, game, dance or several other types of activities. You can develop a great sense of community even on such a large campus.

Lacy

I absolutely love NC State. I could not imagine myself anywhere else. The people are wonderful and you can always find someone to talk to. The school is very diverse, which in return opens your mind to other world views and ideas. There are plenty of majors offered and the academic advisors are always willing to sit down and help you with your schedule.

Avionna

North Carolina State University should be the very first college you should apply for. Great college to attend to. Great academics , arts, and activities to help reach and achieve your goals.

Stacey

The campus is beautiful, easy to navigate and feels like home. Campus is very secure. There are tons of inclusive dining options all over campus. There is an interest group for pretty much everything you can imagine. There are tons of events all the time though many group activities and meetings tend to overlap.

Selina

The opportunities at NCSU are endless. The college campus is large and offers students anything they need from a sauna in gym to tablets that allow you to personalize your meal. Even though the studen population is the thousands the teachers and students make it feel like a tight community.

Logan

I love NC State! While the campus and facilities are fantastic, it is the people that make NC Sate such an amazing school. The community of professors and students are like a giant family. I have made so many friends in and outside of my major and college at NC State. North Carolina State University was my dream University in High School and now I am able to live that dream.

Will

Overall, North Carolina State is a great university. Being in the capital of the state, there is always plenty to do off campus. Additionally, being such a large university, you can truly find any kind of environment you desire here. The perfect combination of big school advantages, mixed with small school feeling, NC State has something for everyone.

Jacob

The campus is welcoming to all students and provides many opportunities for students to succeed. All of the professors that I have had or currently have, are always open to talking with students and meeting with them about the material. The campus is quite spread out, but as a student I became used to the campus very quickly. There are many places to eat and all of the buildings are clean and well-maintained.

Madison

State is a school full of opportunities. There are clubs, sports, political events, Greek life, etc.... There are several ways to feel involved. The curriculum and teachers are also great. I really feel like I am learning a lot. I also know the teachers will help me out.

Sky

In my opinion, this school has great academic and athletic opportunities for their students. Also, North Carolina State is good at getting the family involved. Furthermore, they have wonderful involvement with the community and countries outside of the United States.

Rebecca

It's a research university, and that really does sum it all up; the areas they are great in are in direct correlation to that fact, but if it's not relevant to the research, they don't care very much. Good: faculty who work in industry; up to date machinery; strong science and technical programs. Bad: food; dorms; safety; some humanities programs; logistical stuff.

Beatriz

It is wonderful! A diverse, loving place to be. There is always someone around to support you. It's a very loving campus. The classes are difficult but not stressful. Teachers are supportive and helpful and available to help you in most ways. I love it.

John Ylon

NC State is a great school, there are plenty of opportunities to succeed in the University. Professors are helpful, tutoring centers are helpful as well. There's so many majors to choose that you won't have to worry about not knowing what you want yet. Talking to the professors gives you a great way to see what major you will want.

Jeremy

It has a wonderful campus atmosphere, good food, and supportive faculty. The security is great and there are plenty of ways to access it. The food staff are dedicated to helping those with allergies and dietary restrictions. There are great teachers and they are very helpful.

Kenneth

I love the campus and everything there is to do there. I can be involved in sports, other outdoor activities such as biking and fishing, and numerous opportunities to get involved on campus. There are countless clubs and organizations to join, and I am involved in a few myself. I love my school because there is a sense of pride in our teams and school as a whole.

Antonio

North Carolina State University is an amazing place to go to school. The people there are all really friendly and the teachers genuinely care about the students well being and want their students to succeed even if that requires extra work on their part. The campus is beautiful and being a part of this college gives you access to a community unlike any other