North Central College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Central College

Christian

It's good for people that like small places. This means teachers are accesible always and class sizes are small except for a small number of big classes. I like campus food especially desserts. Also, there are many things happening that go sometimes overlooked, like theatre plays and concerts in the Union. There are many student organizations, I myself am a part of three. Also, there is a variety of on campus jobs. Academics are nice since they teach what is useful, but don't overload or stress. Being a graduate of the deadly and stressful International Baccalaureate, I like the manageable schedule I have during the school year. There are opportunities that couldn't be find in bigger schools, like the Chicago Term and a lot (really a lot) of study abroad opportunities, even during D-Term. Finally, even though there are private parties, it's not a party school, mainly because there aren't frats or sororities. I am a commuter and like the campus a lot, especially the Wentz Concert Hall and Pfeiffer Hall.

Shannon

I think North Central has a rigorous coursework and really awesome class sizes. Like any small school there isn't a lot of partying, but we make up for it. I think overall it's a great school and it continues to grow. It's also in a great area and you can walk to the downtown Naperville area.

Gianna

I feel like NCC is a very good school that I chose among three schools I got accepted to that are pretty close. It was also the school that awarded me scholarships not just for academics, but also for my activities and financial need, which was much needed and appreciated from my family and I. NCC is a private, liberal arts school in the heart of downtown Naperville, which is one of the safest areas in our state, so I never feel afraid to go out and enjoy the place. If you get tired of Naperville or want to seek more places to go, you can always take the Metra for an $8 weekend pass to downtown Chicago, where you pretty much have every kind of activity you need. Also, the staff and professors are very welcoming and willing to help you find your way as you begin your four-year college journey ; I feel like an individual rather than another face in the crowd, which is nice. The activities and residence life offered for students is perfect because there is always something for everyone. The campus food and dining halls are easily accessible and are actually pretty good and diverse. I do like the class size, as NCC is a smaller school compared to a 10,000-20,000 student population university, and it is still easy to meet new people consistently because there are always different groups of people here and you can always meet other college students in Chicago from different colleges. NCC is a very open, academically focused school always willing to bend over backwards financially and socially for you.

Hattie

Overall, I think North Central is a great college! You really get to know a lot of people because of the size, but its also located right by the downtown area! North Central College is an ideal campus for those who want to make personal connections and actually make friends that can last a lifetime.

Melissa

It's a good school in a great location. It's in the heart of downtown Naperville, and it's right on the train line so Chicago and the other suburbs are easily accessible. The campus is beautiful as well. There are some really amazing professors who are always willing to help. I'm proud of the education I got there, and I met a handful of great friends there.

Bryce

The college campus is absolutely stunning during the fall; every tree turns its own hue of gorgeous red, and the ever-plumping squirrels ravage the tree tops at every turn. For the price, the view is definitely nice, but when it comes to other things, this school is just way to price-y. The classes are small, which is delightful, but the school's quarter system makes the overall learning experience at this school feel rushed, and many students I've spoken with have admitted to be overwhelmed at times, myself included (yes, I speak with myself, regularly). If this school were to adopt a traditional semester system, I would definitely feel more comfortable in class and ready to learn, but until then, I will just have to work extra hard. Professors of this school are constantly reminding their students of how fast everything must go, and it seems like they would also like everything to be taken much slower. On a different note, the services offered on and around campus are pretty nice. Being within walking distance of downtown Naperville does have its perks! If you aren't feeling the downtown scene but still want some grub, you can head to a dining hall, which boasts a large buffet of mostly adequate foodstuffs, or you can go to The Cage, a place that offers real and mock fast food. Both dining opportunities included in your meal plan. If this school didn't constantly have me accumulating and worrying about my debt, it would definitely be a much better place. The people are nice, the professors care,and I have yet to have anything stolen, which is a plus in my book.

Sade

NCC is a good school. Expensive as FUCK, but a good school. Definitely not a party school. No Greek life. There are many opportunities to excel and succeed. Plenty of on campus and off campus jobs. Surrounding community is great. Nice stores and restuarants. Sports are big for a D3 school. Small campus. Small class sizes. Trimesters. Eh, dining facilities. Ok, housing. If you're looking for a party school, no your school. But if want to actually learn and grow, this is the place.

Mark

Place sucks.

Katie

It is a very difficult, but it is a very great school. You learn a lot from you professors, and you have some many opportunities. You do have to work really hard, and sometimes not be able to sleep because you have a test the next day, but it will be worth it at the very end when you get that diploma in your hand that says that you have graduated this school.

Danielle

Well considering I’ve spent most my time on campus lying my way out of things and getting staff members fired for things they didn’t do, I’d say the school sucks. I’ve beat their system though :) the drug scene is huge and none of the deans even realize it. They let us basically do what we want as long as we bring in money. Sounds like Naperville!

Gianna

Good school with small size located in the heart of downtown Naperville. Classes are engaging and there are a ton of ways to get involved, whether you want to join an extracurricular activity or prepare for leadership roles. The on-campus living experience helps you manage classes, friendships, a job, and everything else in between in my opinion.

I enjoy the atmosphere that the campus holds, and truly enjoy all the classes that I take each trimester. Everyone from students to campus staff are friendly and always willing to help those who ask for assistance. Although the food on campus could use some improvement, over all I feel satisfied after a meal at any of the eateries located on campus. After attending classes for half a year, I would say that I am quite glad that I chose to continue my education at North Central College.

Bonnie

I love North Central College! After stepping on campus for the first time I knew I belonged here. Class sizes are small and professors make an effort to get to know each and every student. I am more than just a number, professors actually know my name and will hold conversations with me outside of the classroom. Academics are a huge priority on campus. Professors genuinely care about their students success and take valuable time out of their busy schedules to meet with us and discuss questions about homework, exams, papers, and talk about future goals. There is always something to do on and off campus, whether it be taking a walk along the river walk, going to a sporting event, watching a play, or hanging out with friends. North Central has a lot of extracurricular activities and organizations to join. There are service trips to volunteer for and a spectacular study abroad program to partake in, all on one beautiful campus.

Hailey

Life at North Central College isn't exactly what I expected it to be. I was expecting a rough transition - feeling lost, confused, pressured, and lonely. After just the first few days, that was not at all the case. This school does everything it can, not just the first week of school, but year round, to help students feel comfortable and at home. Within the first week I had a couple new friends, I was a part of a competing a Cappella group, and all of my professors already knew me by name. I was no number to them, but an actual first name. The small, friendly community that North Central has is one of the many things that I love about this school. Everywhere I go there are smiling faces welcoming me to the room. I may not know their names, but seeing kind, familiar faces is everything. The beautiful buildings have so many stories to tell and every time I walk into one, I feel my own personal story continuing. North Central College gives me this feeling of success and endless opportunities, and the main reason for this is because of the amazing professors. They do anything to assist their students with learning, they'll even learn with you if they are not familiar with what it is that you are interested in. There are so many things to appreciate about this school, which is why my opinion of it is so great.

Kaya

I love it here! The community is so close knit, and everyone that I come across seems to genuinely care about how I'm doing in and out of the classroom. The professors are easy to get to know, and are usually available to meet whenever. While it's not a huge party school, there's always something to do!

Sean

It’s a great school. I am quite grateful that I have the opportunity to go here. I would definitely recommend this school to my friends who are not currently at North Central College. I feel as though from going to this school, I have an advantage over my competitors.

Yvette

Overall, North Central College is a pretty good school but it cost loads of money but at the end of the day, it's worth it because it's an investment in my future. Also, if the school is pretty small which I enjoy very much and also most of the teachers are always there to help when you need it.

Kristal

The faculty and staff are always accessible to students. The career development department make internships and finding a career a big deal. All of the faculties make their goal to make sure that every student gets started on their career after graduation.

Amber

The campus looks great when you are exploring it as an incoming student. This school is not for everybody. I had a poor experience with the faculty in the theatre department, but the students were super friendly and great. I do not feel like I was adequately prepared for a career in the field I majored in.