North Central Texas College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Central Texas College

Carlos

Honestly, I never gave NCTC as much credit as it deserved. Going to NCTC obviously wasn't my first choice. I had dreams of leaving Texas as soon as I graduated from high school. Life had other plans unfortunately. At the end of my Junior year of high school, my father made his intentions clear to leave the family and allow us all to be evicted from our home. This is where I had to put all my money towards helping my mother get a good divorce attorney and help her get an apartment. Obviously, out of state university was now a pipe dream. It was clear I had to stay local to help my mother pay the rent. NCTC in Corinth was the only school I could afford ad drive too. I was beyond blessed to have NCTC for all these years. Some of the greatest professors I've ever had, came from NCTC in Corinth. My first professor, Steve Wolfrum, raised the bar on educators. Jane England helped me get published by my current school, Texas Women's University, at the age of nineteen years old. Jack O'Connor has helped me put perspective on life in general then and even today. Those are just a few of the amazing professors who have helped me thus far, I could list them off for hours. Justin Hawking's is the best Speech teacher/professor I've ever had. Andrekus Dixon taught me Texas Penal code, and somehow kept it interesting. Cliff Downey helped me out with the near fifty different forms I had to fill out for one of the local police departments I applied for...and I wasn't even enrolled in his class at that time. North Central Texas College in Corinth wasn't the school I wanted, it was the school I needed. Sure, it won't give you the college experience you think you want from watching years of college based TV Shows and Movies. It will however give you the greatest professors around who are real and understanding of your struggle. Thinking back, now at TWU, I would give anything to have a professor like the ones mentioned above here in Pioneer land. If NCTC is the only option...you have a truly amazing option.

Katherine

I have enjoyed my time at NCTC, because the environment is nurturing and supportive. It is very apparent that the teachers want their students to learn, and they want to help in any way possible. In a learning environment this kind of attitude is vital to the success of many students.

Morgan

I have been at North Central Texas College for almost a year now and I love it. I love the professors, I love how the class size isn't too big, and I love how close to home this campus is. I enjoy going to North Central Texas College because it's more affordable than a 4 year university and most of the people are very nice.

Logan

During my time at North Central Texas College, I have enjoyed nearly every day spent on campus as I learn new material and meet new people. From the accessible professors to the accurately sized classrooms, there is always someone to have a conversation about academics with.

North Central Texas College is a community college. It's a very nice welcoming atmosphere. The classes are cheap and fairly easy. They have both Online, and On-campus classes. They also have several different campuses across Corinth, Denton, and Cooke counties. They're a great community college and most classes transfer to bigger Universities.

Charles

The school is fantastic. I mainly took online classes and they were structured well on a stable system. The professors were always responsive to emails and very helpful. The one in-room class I took was the highest offering of Physics that they have. The professor made things simple and was always helpful

Catherine

It's a good school to go to if you struggle financially. I enrolled in 2017, I'm not on campus but the professors I've had are amazing and I've enjoyed their classses. The class itself is not very difficult to pass, most of the work is online even some tests.

Karina

Its a great community college to start off when you are fresh out of high school and you think a university will be too much. The NCTC staff are always willing to help, I never hesitate to ask for help, they are there for you. Also, the school is very affordable compared to attending a 4 year university or college.

Cassandra

North Central Texas College has been an enjoyable college to attend. I have gained friends that are driven to succeed and are very kind. My professors are knowledgeable and very respectful to the students. They are there to help students perform their best. An all around really good school. The staff is there to help students succeed. I am excited to continue learning at North Central Texas College.

Mary

I love NCTC. It is nice and small. A lot of times the classes have fewer students than the classes I had in high school, which is great for discussion. The professors are great and always willing to help out with a problem. There are not a lot of extra curricular activities, but for a community college, it is great!

Allison

The teachers were always very approachable and kind if we had any questions. The tutors and tutoring sessions were very helpful. The classroom sizing sometimes felt a lot like the way it was in high school, but there were times when we had lecture hall size classes. Overall I think that NCTC was a nice college to attend to receive my Associates of Arts.

Karcie

North Central Texas College is a great community college for those looking for an affordable and great school. Professors take great measures to help each student to be successful and have a great number of office hours. Class size makes it easy to make friends and find study partners, as well as participating in class.

Scott

North Central Texas College is a decent community college however it's campus isn't nearly as nice as my last community college in Virginia, and you're required to buy your own scantrons. You don't really make friends here as everyone just wants to go to class and then go home or to work, on the plus side the classes are usually pretty easy and if you do your work you will pass.

jada

It's a great college and anyone would be lucky to attend there. it hasbasically a community loving helpers that will do everything to make you feel comfortable and at home like feeling. And the opportunity are endless people always make you feel welcome and appreciate to be apart of the college life.lifestyle.

Rose

North Central Texas College is not an amazing school. The tuition is cheap because it is a community college, but that's really the only reason anyone goes there. Most of the instructors feel the need to 'prove themselves equal' to big university professors, therefore making their courses extra challenging and unforgiving.

I believe NCTC is a great way to start your college career. This community college prepares students think on a higher level from High School. NCTC provides all the help you need to succeed. Not only are there professors available to help you with everything, theres writing labs to help with essays, success coaches that are rooting for you every step of the way. The amount of academic resources that are available to each and every student is beyond astonishing.

Lia

I went to the NCTC campus in Corinth a few times for tours, taking exams, and going with my mom (because she taught there at times); I was also a dual credit student there for a few classes. If I had decided to go to community college 1st, then NCTC would've been my first choice. I liked how the campus wasn't too far from where I lived and that it's very small and calm. I've only talked to a few of the teachers and staff, but all of the ones I've met were very friendly, helpful, and informative in what I think is the best way possible. They are clear, concise, and accurate if you have questions about certain things, depending on who you ask (for example, if you have questions about using the test center, then the test center workers are able to answer your questions). There were a lot of opportunities to have online classes if transportation was an issue (at least as long as you sign up for one very quickly). The food court was fine, but there wasn't a variety of food when I went here (there were about 3 types of foods to choose from). (-1 star) The dual credit courses I took there were engaging, even though a couple of them were online; the credits were also easy for me to transfer to a 4-year college. These were probably my favorite things about NCTC.

Joshua

Overall, it is alright. I do like the ratio of teachers to students. They have pretty good extracurricular activities. It is not a campus full of bad students, but no school-full of students will have the perfect students. They have a few shops around, but could have more. Academics are good. Teachers seem to be understandable. Overall, I would rate it pretty good.

Kelsie

I love NCTC. The staff honestly cares about their students and wants them to succeed in school, and life. I started off as just a student here, but now I also work here and help other students with making their college experience better. The teachers are amazing and making learning easy, as well as just making sure you understand what is going on in class.

Chloe

It's a good program! I take Dual Credit there and all the teachers there are very understanding and helpful. Coursework is not stressful, but informative. I've learned a lot! Just try to stay motivated and communicate with your professors. Actually try to do the work because they are trying to teach life lessons and skills along with the subject matter.