Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

Kailey

North Central University as a private Christian college is immersed in culture and the arts, with a passion throughout the campus for God. Professors at NCU have a sincere heart for every student and a want to see each individual succeed. Yet one blemish is the food served within the Deli and Cafeteria, which is often tasteless and much like the common high school cafeteria food. But the Cafeteria isn't completely flawed, as the always-open-endless ice cream bar will really make the Freshman 15 a real thing. All in all, North Central is a terrific university to attend, with great passion, great faculty, not so great food, and a delectable endless ice cream bar.

Kashia

If I had the chance to go back to High School and give myself an advice I would tell my self, study extra hard, take all my class seriously. Get good grades and do PESO, take all the generals you need before going into college.

Everyone at this University is very Friendly. The community is great. One of the best things about this School is Chapel. The Chapels are great and encouaging.

This school is a Christian University. I think if you feel like this school is for you, then come to this school a person can be anyone to attend this school. But it is also a Christian University, meaning you have to go to Chapel.

Hillary

I have yet to meet my classmates in person, but I am in a "upcoming student" Facebook page for the fall. The people in there seem wonderful & have such a great head on their shoulders.

I would first and formost tell myself to take my studies as a high school student seriously. Your work quality definitely affects the scholarships you're going to be given as well as the opportunities in college. If you don't have a great work ethic, you are going to spend a lot of time waiting inbetween just to try and get back to college. I'd definitely tell myself to take advantage of the study opportunities given. I'd say that I'd need to hit the books harder even if at all. All the social time you spend engaging in during your senior year truly ammounts to nothing! You don't take that with you after high school. You are all going to go your seperate ways & you're not going to even see eachother again, really. So, don't invest your time in being a social butterfly. It's your last year, give it your all.

Jacqueline

North Central is extremely fun and very helpful in every aspect.

North Central is extremely fun and very helpful in every aspect.

Do not procrastinate! You should make a checklist of everything you need to hand in before school starts. This includes FAFSA, payments, housing, etc. Also fill numerous of scholarship applications. The amount shouldn't matter; every bit counts. If you have a job, save money. Try to buy items you may need for school or your dorm. Also keep track of all the deadlines. Turn everything in on time. One last advice is, select the best college for yourself. Visit all the colleges you are interested in and pick the one you are most comfortable with.

The number of times we can be excused from chapel.

Garth

I would tell myself to keep pushing through and keep the grades higher than they were, even though they were not bad. I would remind myself how much college would be and just to really try my hardest to get the best grades that I possibly could. And to have fun in college and work hard, but relax sometimes, you won't be able to do everything you want to but enjoy the time!

The worst thing would be just not having avalibilty to all teachers if needed. Sometimes teachers are hard to find, unless you have talked to them. But sometimes, it is hard to track them down.

The most frustrating are the teachers who are there only part time and do not make themselves avalible to us and then when they do make time for us, they seem to be upset and not want to help us. It just seems like they don't want us to learn. There are only a few that I know of that do this.

I have gotten a new sense of responsibility from my college experience. College is very different from high school, there isn't anyone there telling you that you have to attend class every day. College is also a lot more expensive than high school. It is very important to attend college to understand what it's like to be a grown up. If I wasn't enrolled in college, I wouldn't have any idea just how hard life can be at times. Attending college is more important than ever right now due to the economy. There aren't many jobs available nation wide, but they seem slightly more attainable with a college degree.

Julie

Quality relationships with the students in dormlife have been the greatest value to me at this school. I have learned many things about myself and my outlook on life and relationships while I have been here.

Tuition prices in relation to academic quality is inflated.

Lack of academic opportunity and diverse student body.

Kathryn

I got the degree I needed to continue my education. I also found it quite valuable to leave home and move far away, giving myself a chance to develop in a new social realm. Even more important than the classroom lessons were the lessons I learned about myself. I was able to learn what I wanted to keep from my upbringing, and what new perspectives I wished to incorporate. Ultimately, "going away to college " allowed me to examine myself and my beliefs, and develop my own worldview with which to enter my adult life.

Jessie

Although I am only in my 2nd semester of my freshman year, I have already matured so much from my college experience. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned is that college really isn't as hard as many people make it out to be. The key to success is staying on top of your homework, saying no to those friends who always distract, and learn to prioritize everything. The freedom which college brings is not always as freeing as I thought. With freedom comes paying for things out of your own pocket, remembering all your scheduled events, and difficult decisions that are made without a parent guiding your every move. But, each and every experience has been immensely valuable and will help guide me in my future endeavors.

I wish I would have known how much of an emphasis is put on ministering. It is not a perfect school for those who are getting a degree in a non-ministry oriented field.

I would highly reccomend this school for those who are planning to go into the ministry, those who are pursuing teaching, or those who want a degree in general music.

Brittney

My classmates here at North Central are postive influences that I've been missing my entire life. I will cherish them always...

I would start out with saying, "Brittney, you need to stop spending all that money on things you don't need!" College is an extremely different world than high school will ever be. Being a senior in high school means you're the 'top dog' of the whole entire school. That isn't the case once you become a college student. There are so many more responsibilites that you take on as a college student than you did as a 17 year old. Money, money, money becomes a huge part of your everyday life. Do I need this? Should I get that? Living on a college income hit me really hard once I got here. I worked all the time when I lived back home, but spent the money on fast food, clothes, or going out to the movies. Thankfully, I am responsible and in control of my finances now. I limit myself to the needs instead of the wants. Also I would give myself advice about starting to make friends right away. I'm a social person, but extremely shy. Finances and friends are important in anyones life. We just need to learn that balance between them.

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.