Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

Step out of your comfort zone. You may be shy, but how are you going to be ok away from everything you know if you don't step out? Try new things, make new friends, stay up late, be a college student. You only have four years to experience this season in your life. Make the most of it.

The community. There is a very big push on community. We have brother sister floors and we do almost everything together.

Someone who is not religious. This is an assembly of God school and we are required to minor in the Bible.

Amber

Your friends in high school may have been cruel, but not all people are so untrustworthy. In fact, you will find that a great many people are trustworthy. These are the relationships that make life worthwile. Take time to cultivate them and pour into them and these will end up being the people who fight for your dreams after you've given up on them. The risk of sharing your heart, scary as it may seem, is worth the depth of friendship that it produces. On that note, keep in mind that no risk managements tend to run no win businesses. As for school, work hard. Take every opportunity to learn and better yourself. Learn to accept criticism and grow from it. But do not allow yourself to become a slave to your GPA. Remember that what you do with the things you have now, will determine your advancement or lack thereof. It's really an issue of character....your character off-stage is far more important than, and will determine how you lead on-stage. Oh, and keep it all in perspective, this semester is only one semester in a lifetime semesters and similar deadlines...so enjoy the moment.

To be honest, there isn't anything that comes to mind.

Obviously, as with anywhere, you'll get out of it what you put into it, but the community emphasis here is huge! Student leadership is another big emphasis here - we have monthly student leadership inservices and every semester we have a leadership retreat. As the director of one of our organizations here, I have gained so much valuable experience and wisdom! I love our strong academic focus here! I also really appreciate how concerned staff and faculty are with developing lifelong character and integrity in students. This is a place that really prepares students to be successful in their careers.

Stephen

First, North Central University is known for the intense spiritual atmosphere that surrounds this place. This is a Pentecostal Christian school and they are not afraid to show it. Second, North Central is also known for thier emerging music programs. This School is home to the state of the art Mcpherson studios which draw a large amount of aspiring musicians here. Finally, North Central is a smaller school which opens up the door to create relationships.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior the most important thing I would tell my self is to take my school work seriously. In high school it is so easy to focus on work, sports, and relationships and put off school work. The problem with this thinking is that your accomplishments in high school follow you into your college years. The GPA and study habits that you had in high school most likely indicate who you will be in college.The second most important tip I would give is while having a job and a car in high school is fun and leads to some great times, if you just blow the money you make on those great times you have really just created a chain of bad habbits. You never realize how much of that money you could have saved untill you need it. The final word of advise I would give is to keep your friends close. Sometimes in college the only thing you really need is someone to call back home.

In the time I have been here I have seen people of almost every type walking these halls. Probably the most common trait of the students here is thier dedication to God's calling on thier lives. Yes, everyone here is here for an education, but the true reason they are here is too seek God. So if I had to pic what kind of person should come here, I would have to say somebody searching for God's direction.

Carl Sandburg College is a great stepping stone for students to get themselves on track.

My classmates are dedicated students who are working towards their goals.

If I were to go back to my senior year and talk to myself, I would tell myself to calm down. I was so afraid of life after High School that I didn't take the risks I should have. I didn't trust the Lord and allow Him to take control, and while I believe I'm at Sandburg for a reason, I know it isn't where I was supposed to be. If I could go back, I'd convince myself to get the loans and assure myself that even if they did get rejected I would be alright. I have had a great college experience, don't get me wrong. But I know it would be a completely different experience in Minneapolis as opposed to in Galesburg. Less stressing and tears would have been a great way to end my senior year, so that is what I would do. I would hit my own palm against my forehead and say, "Taylor! Take a chill pill and do it!"

Maeve

After experiencing about a year of college, I have realized how much students grow when making the transition from a high school senior to a college freshman. If I could give advice to myself as a high school freshman, it would be to learn how to save your money and manage your finances well. Once starting college, you become accountable for yourself, your actions, and your financial decisions. I wish that I would have been smarter with my money and saved up for times that I may be in need. Summer jobs are a great time and place to earn money and save it for future expenses. I would also advise myself not to worry about what everyone else is doing. My college and career choices will directly affect me and my decisions in the future. I would tell myself to set aside time to figure out my future plans and then to stick to them. Goals are also important because they give you something to look forward to in the future. Overall, I would remind myself to continue looking forward and to press on towards the final goal.

The best thing about North Central University is the community. The atmosphere is very friendly and open. It is a great place to learn and to grow in your faith. Since it is a private Christian school, everything is focused around Christ Jesus and His calling on our lives. Coming to North Central, you can be sure that you will be surrounded with support and love from this group of people I now call family.

One thing I wish I would have known before coming to North Central is how to save money. Since North Central is located in downtown Minneapolis, there are lots of reasons and opportunities to spend money. The school itself also costs about $20,000 per year. Creating a budget and monitoring my monthly spending would have been great ideas for my freshman year in college.

Jorge

Havent started school yet.

Havent started school yet.

To have a better future, and be the first one in my family to complete high school and hopefully graduate college with my Associates Degree.

They woul be able to give me a great education, and offer me a future good paid job.

Lainie

The classmates at my school are unique and outgoing individuals who strive for a similar academic purpouse,of aquiring a degree to come closer to better serving their purpouse in life.

Going back and giving myself advice as a high school senior, I would make it clear that keeping the end in mind is important. Thinking about decisions you currently make and the effect that they will have on your ultimate goal is highly benificial. When doing this many things can be accomplished. Saving money with the decision of classes, starting friendships and relationships with people who will matter in your life, and preventing situations that will set you back in your plans are all rewarding outcomes to keeping your end goal in mind with each step you take toward it. Trying to reach a goal with a blindfold on wandering through a maze trying to find it is no way to approach it. By keeping the end in mind, it is the most benificial way to reach it. What could be better than constantly being reminded of what your working for and confirming how important it is to you.

Looking back, I wish that I would have known how big of a deal time management would be. Another thing that would have been benificial to know is that alot of pressure would be thrown at me to be socially active as well as academically active. If I knew how important was to balance these two things by managing my time and setting my priorities straight, I feel like I would have had a better start to my college career.

Andrea

My classmates are individuals with their own unique personalities who bring great insight and reasoning to the classroom while considering their peers' opinions at the same time.

I would say that it college is amazing and some of the best years of your life, but it is not going to be easy. I would inform myself that the world is a lot bigger than I think and that there are a lot of amazing people out there that I should build relationships with to improve my own life. Do not be afraid to take chances every once in a while because some of the biggest regrets can be that you did not take the chance. Do not pack too many clothes. Leave the extra pair of underwear at home. The closets are not that big at college. Save! Save! Save! College is not cheap and any help a college student can get should take advantage of it. Also, if post secondary classes are offered while in high school, take advantage of it. In the long run it will save you a lot of time and money. One last piece of advice that I would give myself is to enjoy it. College is meant to be a time for fun and freedom, but also a time to better yourself and your education.

The best thing about my school is how much everyone cares about one another. There is so much love within our little community and there is always a face I recognize in the hallways and have conversations with. When I am having a bad day, I know that someone will notice and try to cheer me up. There is nothing better than knowing other people see your emotions and will do something about it to make it better.

chad

great school if you are going to do ministry, councling, teaching, or music.

great school if you are going to do ministry, councling, teaching, or music.

I would tell my self to be etter and take more classes that cont towrd my collage degree. For example be a PSEO student. Meaning that you take collage classes your senior year and not the high school leavel classes.

having enought money to go. And finding the class that fites your sheduale as it is a small school

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.