Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

Carl Sandburg College is a great stepping stone for students to get themselves on track.

My classmates are dedicated students who are working towards their goals.

If I were to go back to my senior year and talk to myself, I would tell myself to calm down. I was so afraid of life after High School that I didn't take the risks I should have. I didn't trust the Lord and allow Him to take control, and while I believe I'm at Sandburg for a reason, I know it isn't where I was supposed to be. If I could go back, I'd convince myself to get the loans and assure myself that even if they did get rejected I would be alright. I have had a great college experience, don't get me wrong. But I know it would be a completely different experience in Minneapolis as opposed to in Galesburg. Less stressing and tears would have been a great way to end my senior year, so that is what I would do. I would hit my own palm against my forehead and say, "Taylor! Take a chill pill and do it!"

Maeve

After experiencing about a year of college, I have realized how much students grow when making the transition from a high school senior to a college freshman. If I could give advice to myself as a high school freshman, it would be to learn how to save your money and manage your finances well. Once starting college, you become accountable for yourself, your actions, and your financial decisions. I wish that I would have been smarter with my money and saved up for times that I may be in need. Summer jobs are a great time and place to earn money and save it for future expenses. I would also advise myself not to worry about what everyone else is doing. My college and career choices will directly affect me and my decisions in the future. I would tell myself to set aside time to figure out my future plans and then to stick to them. Goals are also important because they give you something to look forward to in the future. Overall, I would remind myself to continue looking forward and to press on towards the final goal.

The best thing about North Central University is the community. The atmosphere is very friendly and open. It is a great place to learn and to grow in your faith. Since it is a private Christian school, everything is focused around Christ Jesus and His calling on our lives. Coming to North Central, you can be sure that you will be surrounded with support and love from this group of people I now call family.

One thing I wish I would have known before coming to North Central is how to save money. Since North Central is located in downtown Minneapolis, there are lots of reasons and opportunities to spend money. The school itself also costs about $20,000 per year. Creating a budget and monitoring my monthly spending would have been great ideas for my freshman year in college.

Jorge

Havent started school yet.

Havent started school yet.

To have a better future, and be the first one in my family to complete high school and hopefully graduate college with my Associates Degree.

They woul be able to give me a great education, and offer me a future good paid job.

Lainie

The classmates at my school are unique and outgoing individuals who strive for a similar academic purpouse,of aquiring a degree to come closer to better serving their purpouse in life.

Going back and giving myself advice as a high school senior, I would make it clear that keeping the end in mind is important. Thinking about decisions you currently make and the effect that they will have on your ultimate goal is highly benificial. When doing this many things can be accomplished. Saving money with the decision of classes, starting friendships and relationships with people who will matter in your life, and preventing situations that will set you back in your plans are all rewarding outcomes to keeping your end goal in mind with each step you take toward it. Trying to reach a goal with a blindfold on wandering through a maze trying to find it is no way to approach it. By keeping the end in mind, it is the most benificial way to reach it. What could be better than constantly being reminded of what your working for and confirming how important it is to you.

Looking back, I wish that I would have known how big of a deal time management would be. Another thing that would have been benificial to know is that alot of pressure would be thrown at me to be socially active as well as academically active. If I knew how important was to balance these two things by managing my time and setting my priorities straight, I feel like I would have had a better start to my college career.

Andrea

My classmates are individuals with their own unique personalities who bring great insight and reasoning to the classroom while considering their peers' opinions at the same time.

I would say that it college is amazing and some of the best years of your life, but it is not going to be easy. I would inform myself that the world is a lot bigger than I think and that there are a lot of amazing people out there that I should build relationships with to improve my own life. Do not be afraid to take chances every once in a while because some of the biggest regrets can be that you did not take the chance. Do not pack too many clothes. Leave the extra pair of underwear at home. The closets are not that big at college. Save! Save! Save! College is not cheap and any help a college student can get should take advantage of it. Also, if post secondary classes are offered while in high school, take advantage of it. In the long run it will save you a lot of time and money. One last piece of advice that I would give myself is to enjoy it. College is meant to be a time for fun and freedom, but also a time to better yourself and your education.

The best thing about my school is how much everyone cares about one another. There is so much love within our little community and there is always a face I recognize in the hallways and have conversations with. When I am having a bad day, I know that someone will notice and try to cheer me up. There is nothing better than knowing other people see your emotions and will do something about it to make it better.

chad

great school if you are going to do ministry, councling, teaching, or music.

great school if you are going to do ministry, councling, teaching, or music.

I would tell my self to be etter and take more classes that cont towrd my collage degree. For example be a PSEO student. Meaning that you take collage classes your senior year and not the high school leavel classes.

having enought money to go. And finding the class that fites your sheduale as it is a small school

Chelsea

My classmates are hardworkers who are determined and desire to complete their education.

Always put your best effort into everything that you do. Be aware of how you manage your time and be prepared to put in many hours into studying. You can't be completely dependent on your family to motivate you to get things done. Get involved in extra-curricular activities. Don't let people's opinions or unbelief in what you are capable of doing get in the way of pursuing what you want.

The worst thing I consider about my school would be too many restrictions. I feel that we should be given the freedom and be trusted to make the best decisions for ourselves.

Lydia

North Central is a very friendly environment where God is put first in all things and the community around us is impacted positively.

I would tell myself to take risks and not be so worried about what others think of me. I would tell myself to get out there and make more friends sooner and to enjoy college. While balance is essential, I would tell myself to put more of an effort into my friendships, while still knowing when to say no to hanging out with others. College is a place to learn but also a place to learn how to stretch in all areas of your life. Don't take things so seriously (or literally), and take a chance when it comes to new things. You might get more out of things once you try them out. We don't get anywhere if we don't attempt new things and are willing to fall if that's what it takes to experience or learn something new.

The worst thing at North Central would probably be the division in dorms at times.

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.