Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

Chelsea

My classmates are hardworkers who are determined and desire to complete their education.

Always put your best effort into everything that you do. Be aware of how you manage your time and be prepared to put in many hours into studying. You can't be completely dependent on your family to motivate you to get things done. Get involved in extra-curricular activities. Don't let people's opinions or unbelief in what you are capable of doing get in the way of pursuing what you want.

The worst thing I consider about my school would be too many restrictions. I feel that we should be given the freedom and be trusted to make the best decisions for ourselves.

Lydia

North Central is a very friendly environment where God is put first in all things and the community around us is impacted positively.

I would tell myself to take risks and not be so worried about what others think of me. I would tell myself to get out there and make more friends sooner and to enjoy college. While balance is essential, I would tell myself to put more of an effort into my friendships, while still knowing when to say no to hanging out with others. College is a place to learn but also a place to learn how to stretch in all areas of your life. Don't take things so seriously (or literally), and take a chance when it comes to new things. You might get more out of things once you try them out. We don't get anywhere if we don't attempt new things and are willing to fall if that's what it takes to experience or learn something new.

The worst thing at North Central would probably be the division in dorms at times.

Joy

Our small community that is close and helpful during your academic career here. Also the student to teacher ratio is 18 to 1, which is exactly what I need to feel like I'm not just a number. One on one help is always available from my professors. The music program is excellent and provides many opportunitiies. The campus is location downtown Minneapolis which makes finding work easy and creates alot of entertainment nearby.

The atmosphere of people. When I arrived I didn't know a single person here and by the end of orientation I had met a large amount of people. We have chapel everyday during the week, guest lecturerers and renowned speakers are flown in weekly to provide variety and interesting sessions.

Dear High School Senior Joy, It's me Joy, from your future, I'm in my 3rd year of college now. Consider this a little helpful conversation on how you should prepare for your future. First off, music is the most important thing in your life right now, and in the future. Take the time to really apply yourself to personal practicing habits, when you have a full work load it's challenging to remain as disciplined. Be confident in your abilities as a musician and know that your best is all you can give. Be sure to find time for friends and don't just bury yourself in extra credit and assignements. College is going to be the greatest experience of your life, you will attain more knowledge than you ever anticipated. And you will NEVER regret learning. Apply yourself to every class, you never know what you'll wish you payed more attention to. And remember to not just focus on your destination but enjoy the journey along the way.

Patrice

Hard -core Pentecostal, Carismatic, God seeking, leadership rearing center for higher education.

I would actually have to go back even farther, to when I was a Sophmore because I never made it to my Senior year of high school. I would inform my younger self that "this to shall pass". That no matter how hard life seemed at that time as a Sophmore, it would be nothing compared to college. Everything that I was facing at the moment in my life would become insignificant by the time I reached college. High school was my stepping stone in being that much more sucessful in college. To look to the future to see the outcome of what I wanted to be. I would give my younger self a hug, possibly a tissue and let myself know that I am not alone. Many had travelled a road similar to mine and were successfull. But they were only successful because they allowed themselves to succeed. I'd proceed to encourage myself with the fact that God has never left me, nor wold he even by the time I would reach college. To lean on His knowledge, and to place my trust, hope, confidence and strength Him, because He would direct my paths.

A person who is affiliated with the Penecostal Assembly of God movement.

Caitlin

Music/worship majors and youth ministry/pastoral majors

Music/worship majors and youth ministry/pastoral majors

First, take a good look at schools to find one that fits you, your personality, and your major. Consider whether you want to be close to home, far away, or somewhere in the middle. Also think about the cost of the schools you consider and how you will be paying for tuition and room and board. To make the most out of your college experience, my advice would be too find a club, group, or sport to be involved in on campus. This will help you meet new people who have something in common with you and is a great way to find friends. Also, don't be shy in class and try to get to know a few people in each of your classes. Not only is this a great way to make friends but also a great way to have study buddies and get better grades! Always be yourself and don't be afraid to show others who you are and you'll have a great time in college!

I wish I had had a better realization of what the class attendance policy meant.

Jordan

Well first of all you need to look for a place that has the major that you want to pursue. Which is very self-explanitory. The next thing you should do is visit the possible schools that you could attend. You want to go to a place where you feel comfortable, becasue you will learn and succeed much better in a place where you are comfortable. Finding a school with a good economy around it is good too, because that means it will be easier for you to find a job while at school. Obviously look for a school within your price range, but find the best possible school academically for your buck. And finally find a place where you can be you. You shouldn't have to change your identity just because your at a new school. But really in the end if you stay true to who you are, than no matter what school you go to, your college experience will be a good one. But if your looking for a place North Central University would love to have you. Go Rams!!!

A person with a personal relationship with God, and someone who is looking for a place where they can grow not only academically but spiritually. A person who wants to activley seek a deeper relationship with God.

The select few students who try to act like the are betterthan the rest of us. They try to make themselves appear more important based on their major, or who they know, or how much money there parents have. But for the most part the students are not like this.

Kia

Don't pick a college just because all your friends are going there. Find the one that you feel comfortable going to, that feels like home when you visit, and actually cares about helping you succeed. When you are there, take every opportunity to get to know people. If you live in the dorms, leave your door open. You'd be surprised how many people will stop and say hello. Expect to be challenged. Decide what's really worth fighting for and don't sweat the small things. As for parents, let your child fly. That's not to say that you shouldn't help them when you see they are going to crash and burn. For me, it has been really important that my parents have let me learn my lessons, but when I ask for their help, they are ready and willing. They are still involved in my life, and I value that.

I would say someone who isn't necessarily a Liberal, who is willing to be challenged in a healthy way, and who is open to change.

Probably the people that I meet. I mean, every school is going to have some not so great people, but I would say that the majority here are extremely friendly and want to get to know you as a person.

Oluyemisi

It's Music Program and Musical groups such as One Accord, Worship Live, And the Concert Chorale.

I wish I would have known the pace of North Central. And I wish my high school would have actually prepared me for College instead of just pushing me out of the door.

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.