Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

Joy

Our small community that is close and helpful during your academic career here. Also the student to teacher ratio is 18 to 1, which is exactly what I need to feel like I'm not just a number. One on one help is always available from my professors. The music program is excellent and provides many opportunitiies. The campus is location downtown Minneapolis which makes finding work easy and creates alot of entertainment nearby.

The atmosphere of people. When I arrived I didn't know a single person here and by the end of orientation I had met a large amount of people. We have chapel everyday during the week, guest lecturerers and renowned speakers are flown in weekly to provide variety and interesting sessions.

Dear High School Senior Joy, It's me Joy, from your future, I'm in my 3rd year of college now. Consider this a little helpful conversation on how you should prepare for your future. First off, music is the most important thing in your life right now, and in the future. Take the time to really apply yourself to personal practicing habits, when you have a full work load it's challenging to remain as disciplined. Be confident in your abilities as a musician and know that your best is all you can give. Be sure to find time for friends and don't just bury yourself in extra credit and assignements. College is going to be the greatest experience of your life, you will attain more knowledge than you ever anticipated. And you will NEVER regret learning. Apply yourself to every class, you never know what you'll wish you payed more attention to. And remember to not just focus on your destination but enjoy the journey along the way.

Patrice

Hard -core Pentecostal, Carismatic, God seeking, leadership rearing center for higher education.

I would actually have to go back even farther, to when I was a Sophmore because I never made it to my Senior year of high school. I would inform my younger self that "this to shall pass". That no matter how hard life seemed at that time as a Sophmore, it would be nothing compared to college. Everything that I was facing at the moment in my life would become insignificant by the time I reached college. High school was my stepping stone in being that much more sucessful in college. To look to the future to see the outcome of what I wanted to be. I would give my younger self a hug, possibly a tissue and let myself know that I am not alone. Many had travelled a road similar to mine and were successfull. But they were only successful because they allowed themselves to succeed. I'd proceed to encourage myself with the fact that God has never left me, nor wold he even by the time I would reach college. To lean on His knowledge, and to place my trust, hope, confidence and strength Him, because He would direct my paths.

A person who is affiliated with the Penecostal Assembly of God movement.

Caitlin

Music/worship majors and youth ministry/pastoral majors

Music/worship majors and youth ministry/pastoral majors

First, take a good look at schools to find one that fits you, your personality, and your major. Consider whether you want to be close to home, far away, or somewhere in the middle. Also think about the cost of the schools you consider and how you will be paying for tuition and room and board. To make the most out of your college experience, my advice would be too find a club, group, or sport to be involved in on campus. This will help you meet new people who have something in common with you and is a great way to find friends. Also, don't be shy in class and try to get to know a few people in each of your classes. Not only is this a great way to make friends but also a great way to have study buddies and get better grades! Always be yourself and don't be afraid to show others who you are and you'll have a great time in college!

I wish I had had a better realization of what the class attendance policy meant.

Jordan

Well first of all you need to look for a place that has the major that you want to pursue. Which is very self-explanitory. The next thing you should do is visit the possible schools that you could attend. You want to go to a place where you feel comfortable, becasue you will learn and succeed much better in a place where you are comfortable. Finding a school with a good economy around it is good too, because that means it will be easier for you to find a job while at school. Obviously look for a school within your price range, but find the best possible school academically for your buck. And finally find a place where you can be you. You shouldn't have to change your identity just because your at a new school. But really in the end if you stay true to who you are, than no matter what school you go to, your college experience will be a good one. But if your looking for a place North Central University would love to have you. Go Rams!!!

A person with a personal relationship with God, and someone who is looking for a place where they can grow not only academically but spiritually. A person who wants to activley seek a deeper relationship with God.

The select few students who try to act like the are betterthan the rest of us. They try to make themselves appear more important based on their major, or who they know, or how much money there parents have. But for the most part the students are not like this.

Kia

Don't pick a college just because all your friends are going there. Find the one that you feel comfortable going to, that feels like home when you visit, and actually cares about helping you succeed. When you are there, take every opportunity to get to know people. If you live in the dorms, leave your door open. You'd be surprised how many people will stop and say hello. Expect to be challenged. Decide what's really worth fighting for and don't sweat the small things. As for parents, let your child fly. That's not to say that you shouldn't help them when you see they are going to crash and burn. For me, it has been really important that my parents have let me learn my lessons, but when I ask for their help, they are ready and willing. They are still involved in my life, and I value that.

I would say someone who isn't necessarily a Liberal, who is willing to be challenged in a healthy way, and who is open to change.

Probably the people that I meet. I mean, every school is going to have some not so great people, but I would say that the majority here are extremely friendly and want to get to know you as a person.

Oluyemisi

It's Music Program and Musical groups such as One Accord, Worship Live, And the Concert Chorale.

I wish I would have known the pace of North Central. And I wish my high school would have actually prepared me for College instead of just pushing me out of the door.

Tiffany

Very good and friendly but question sometimes if the academics and school is worth the money that is charged.

I would suggest that parents and students ltogether look closely at every area of the school, not just the areas they like at orientation, but look at every aspect, from the meal plan to the parking plan. Also, look into how much the school works with the students and ask around for what current students do not like about the school, that way every aspect can be considered. Colleges and universities can be a lot of money so make sure it is a school that you love and respect.

Kaitlyn

There are a few classmates that I have encountered who didn't care about the subject nor the teacher, but they did do well in the end. North Central University is all about academic excellence.

There are many different things to consider when looking for the right college. For some it may be all about the althetic department, and for others it may be how well the school does academically. It all goes with how well you can do the little things. For instance, if you get a football scholarship to lets say Notre Dame. You want to make sure that the school is the right "fit" for you. Check out the school, the dorms, sit in a classroom, eat the food, hang with the students, do whatever you need to do to make sure that you are 100% sure that this is the right school for you. Now, just because I mentioned Notre Dame doesn't mean that you have to start there. Go to all sorts of schools, public and private. There is one out there for you. You just have to look for it. I did.

They type of person who should attend this school is one who is looking for more of God and/or ways to get involved with a community that is ethnically diverse.

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.