Minneapolis, MN
North Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central University

My classmates are very friendly, god-centered people who at times can be very judgmental and "cliquey".

First, I would suggest looking at as many colleges as possible to make sure that you've covered all of your options. Second, choose a school based on their programs, whether or not they offer the major/classes you're looking for, if it is affordable, if it feels comfortable for you, and if you can see yourself attending. Don't choose a school because your boyfriend/girlfriend or friends are choosing it. You may end up ending your relationship with these people and be stuck in a school that doesn't fit you. To make the most of your college experience, live on campus your first couple of years. The dorms are a great place to meet new friends and to learn how to live in a community. Attend campus events, join clubs, and volunteer in and around your school. Take classes to learn the content and apply it to what you want to do in the future instead of working for the grade alone. Take your education seriously but remember to have fun and enjoy this time in your life. It only happens once!

I wish I would have known that it is better to be single your freshman year of college.

Mary

Look into several schools, it's never to early to start looking.

Look into several schools, it's never to early to start looking.

Our Cross Country team and living in the the big city!

I love my friends that I do have, I am not close with everyone though, and in class generally a rule of thumb is the less you talk the sooner you are dismissed from class.

Whitney

It's a private, Christian school. If you fit in the category of conservative Christian, you know that there will be people around who believe much of what you believe. The staff here rocks. The student life loves to involve. On the downside, when religion is ALL people think about- those people tend to be a bit weird. But overall, I made good friends who were good people.

I would say thoroughly check out the colleges. Talk to students who attend, sit in on a few classes. Combine experiences. Maybe go to community college first, then a state school. Decide what YOUR interests are and find the school that meets them. Find a school where the secretaries are nice and the people want to serve you.

What more state colleges had to offer, how much living in a city would cost, etc.

Kesha

I am surrounded by relaxed, artistic extroverts who care more about being student leaders and community service than about building their resumes and planning for their careers and retirements.

I visited NCU just to make my parents and a friend happy, but I fell in love with it even though it didn't match my personal list of what I "needed" in a college. I had a list of top three schools that I wanted to transfer to and NCU was at the bottom. The personal visit day changed my entire perspective, even though nothing in that week went as planned. My advice is to simply be open to where you feel "at home" because that school will be your new "home" for at least 4 years. Having a clear plan for what you want/expect from a university is important but know the difference between "deal-breakers" and "preferences." You might find that you change preferences once you see all that a school has to offer. Don't stress about the decision. Most students change majors and schools at sometime so it's not a lifethreatening thing to change your mind and decide that Plan "A" isn't working - go take a second look at Plan "B", or "C", or "Q" or even write a new plan all together. I did. and I love this place.

I'm a details and results focused individual, so the emotions and relationship focus of my classmates is challenging. It's good to be reminded that perfection is not the goal, but being subtly criticized for the way I prioritize my time, effort and energy is still frustrating. Be prepared to compromise and remember that NCU is all about community and leadership.

Toni

Pick a school that fits you. Make sure to look at rules and guidelines because you aren't just signing up for a program, you are joining a community and communitues have rules. Some rules you may agree with and some you may not, just be sure to look at them all. Most importantly go someplace that you want to go and that has a program that you are passionate about.

They don't prepare us for the real world.

Jess

Fun, loving, eager, passionate.

Fun, loving, eager, passionate.

FInd a place where people are passionate about making a difference in the world. Pick the place where your gut tells you to go. Make sure the unity andcommunity at the college is visible because your fellow peers will have a huge influence on your college experience.

Vanessa

The most important thing to do when finding the right college is to do your research! There are so many colleges and each one of them has their own strengths and weaknesses. When a student is looking for a college they have to realize what kind of strengths they want in the college that they are going to be attending. The second piece of advice I would give them is to visit the school. Then you can see if that type of community will work best for you. It is important when you visit to talk to students and advisors on campus. Ask questions!!! The best way to make the best of your college experience is to find balance. It is important to find a balance between your studies and social life. So many students do not even make it past there first semester because they try to live it up and have a good time. Having a social life is an important thing to have but it is not suppose to cut into studying. We as Americans are blessed to have the opportunity to attend college. We have to make the most of it and not throw it away. :)

Someone who is driven spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.

Rueben

I would say go visit the school. As a parent you want to know that your child is going to have a good education and as astudent you want to know that your going to learn, make friends and have fun.

The worst thing about my school is that, they are looking for perfect students. My schools policies make it so that they "weed out" bad or troubled students. In my opinion I think if a student is in need of help, kicking them out doesn't solve the problem.

The kind of person I think is someone who wants to go to a small school.

North Central is a Christ centered, Christian community that creates a great environment to grow spiritually, it is a Christian college that lets you figure out for yourself what you believe in, while encouraging you to follow God's calling on your life. As well, because of this Christ centered, Christian community, it allows for a safe, fun environment to create real, lasting friendships.

Pray about it, if you dont really know what you wanna do with your life dont let it get you down. If you're constantly worrying about what you're going to do, you wont enjoy what you're doing at the moment, when it's the little things you're doing that will probably lead to you doing what you eventually end up doing.

I always brag about the good friends I have, the fun I have in intramurals, the great places to eat around the area, and then just how great the chapel services, or praise gathering nights are.

Christina

In order to be a successful college student you have to find a balance between your social life and study life. Do not get so consumed with studying that you never make any friends, and do not let your friends use up all your study time. You will never get ahead.

I wish I had known how much it was truly going to cost. I knew the amount on paper however it never really connected in my head. I know that with hard work I can pay off all my student loans but I wish I had known it was going to cost so much.

They require to many general education class, because they require everyone to carry a bible minor. This is no problem for me, given that the bible minor fits into my major core. However campus wide that is the most frustrating for other students.

North Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.