North Central University

« See more reviews of North Central University

First, I would suggest looking at as many colleges as possible to make sure that you've covered all of your options. Second, choose a school based on their programs, whether or not they offer the major/classes you're looking for, if it is affordable, if it feels comfortable for you, and if you can see yourself attending. Don't choose a school because your boyfriend/girlfriend or friends are choosing it. You may end up ending your relationship with these people and be stuck in a school that doesn't fit you. To make the most of your college experience, live on campus your first couple of years. The dorms are a great place to meet new friends and to learn how to live in a community. Attend campus events, join clubs, and volunteer in and around your school. Take classes to learn the content and apply it to what you want to do in the future instead of working for the grade alone. Take your education seriously but remember to have fun and enjoy this time in your life. It only happens once!

My advice to the parents of a college student would to be to let your child do what they want to do with their life. I have seen friends go to the college that their partents went to, even though they didn't want to. I have seen friends make career choices that they wouldn't have made if they would have had a choice. Parents, it is your childs future. It is their life and their chance to make it want they want it to be. You will have no greater joy in life then watching your child succeed at their dreams knowing that you supported them, even if it wasn't what you would have had them do. As for the students, my advice to you would to be careful not to take your parents for granted. It is easy to believe that you are all your own just because you are in college, but really your not. I know that i couldn't do college if it wasn't for my mom and I am thankful for her everyday. It is easy to forget how much we still need our parents, even as college students.

I would say that it college is amazing and some of the best years of your life, but it is not going to be easy. I would inform myself that the world is a lot bigger than I think and that there are a lot of amazing people out there that I should build relationships with to improve my own life. Do not be afraid to take chances every once in a while because some of the biggest regrets can be that you did not take the chance. Do not pack too many clothes. Leave the extra pair of underwear at home. The closets are not that big at college. Save! Save! Save! College is not cheap and any help a college student can get should take advantage of it. Also, if post secondary classes are offered while in high school, take advantage of it. In the long run it will save you a lot of time and money. One last piece of advice that I would give myself is to enjoy it. College is meant to be a time for fun and freedom, but also a time to better yourself and your education.

Well first of all you need to look for a place that has the major that you want to pursue. Which is very self-explanitory. The next thing you should do is visit the possible schools that you could attend. You want to go to a place where you feel comfortable, becasue you will learn and succeed much better in a place where you are comfortable. Finding a school with a good economy around it is good too, because that means it will be easier for you to find a job while at school. Obviously look for a school within your price range, but find the best possible school academically for your buck. And finally find a place where you can be you. You shouldn't have to change your identity just because your at a new school. But really in the end if you stay true to who you are, than no matter what school you go to, your college experience will be a good one. But if your looking for a place North Central University would love to have you. Go Rams!!!

Dear High School Senior Joy, It's me Joy, from your future, I'm in my 3rd year of college now. Consider this a little helpful conversation on how you should prepare for your future. First off, music is the most important thing in your life right now, and in the future. Take the time to really apply yourself to personal practicing habits, when you have a full work load it's challenging to remain as disciplined. Be confident in your abilities as a musician and know that your best is all you can give. Be sure to find time for friends and don't just bury yourself in extra credit and assignements. College is going to be the greatest experience of your life, you will attain more knowledge than you ever anticipated. And you will NEVER regret learning. Apply yourself to every class, you never know what you'll wish you payed more attention to. And remember to not just focus on your destination but enjoy the journey along the way.

The most important question to consider is what are you looking to get out of your college experience. A college's academics are important, but unless you are taking a large credit load the majority of your time will not be spent in the classroom. Think about your values, ways you might want to grow and be challenged, the kinds of people you want to build relationships with, what kind of activities/clubs you want to be involved in, etc. Not only is a good education important, but a good social life is also important. If you choose a school based solely on academics you might get there and not feel like you fit in because there are no activities or people who share your interests and values. Conversely, a school should not be chosen based solely on its extra-curricular programs with complete disregard for its academic standing. It is important to find a balance of good academic and social settings in a school.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior the most important thing I would tell my self is to take my school work seriously. In high school it is so easy to focus on work, sports, and relationships and put off school work. The problem with this thinking is that your accomplishments in high school follow you into your college years. The GPA and study habits that you had in high school most likely indicate who you will be in college.The second most important tip I would give is while having a job and a car in high school is fun and leads to some great times, if you just blow the money you make on those great times you have really just created a chain of bad habbits. You never realize how much of that money you could have saved untill you need it. The final word of advise I would give is to keep your friends close. Sometimes in college the only thing you really need is someone to call back home.

It is important that while looking for a college you find one that will fit your belief system and will encourage you in the direction that you are wanting to go in. It you have no idea which direction you are wanting to go, it may be wise to pick a more structured community to live is so that you may gain insight in to what your intrests are and have support and direction to accheive goals that you may have. It is also important that you are able to follow rules of conduct and standards that a school has in place. There is no point in applying and attending a school where you will spend most of your time with faculty and staff dealing with discipline becasue you can't follow the rules. It is also important to find out about the social life of a school before you vist to see if you would be comfortable living in that community. It is wise to vist the school prior to attending.

Going back and giving myself advice as a high school senior, I would make it clear that keeping the end in mind is important. Thinking about decisions you currently make and the effect that they will have on your ultimate goal is highly benificial. When doing this many things can be accomplished. Saving money with the decision of classes, starting friendships and relationships with people who will matter in your life, and preventing situations that will set you back in your plans are all rewarding outcomes to keeping your end goal in mind with each step you take toward it. Trying to reach a goal with a blindfold on wandering through a maze trying to find it is no way to approach it. By keeping the end in mind, it is the most benificial way to reach it. What could be better than constantly being reminded of what your working for and confirming how important it is to you.

First, take a good look at schools to find one that fits you, your personality, and your major. Consider whether you want to be close to home, far away, or somewhere in the middle. Also think about the cost of the schools you consider and how you will be paying for tuition and room and board. To make the most out of your college experience, my advice would be too find a club, group, or sport to be involved in on campus. This will help you meet new people who have something in common with you and is a great way to find friends. Also, don't be shy in class and try to get to know a few people in each of your classes. Not only is this a great way to make friends but also a great way to have study buddies and get better grades! Always be yourself and don't be afraid to show others who you are and you'll have a great time in college!