North Central University

« See more reviews of North Central University

Be focused. Some schools have a lot of cool things to offer, but won't necessarily help in your career choice. College is certainly a fun time, but you will have fun regardless. Don't pick a school for it's "enjoyment factor." Pick it because when you graduate from there, you will be ready to go into your field, and be the best possible.

I would say thoroughly check out the colleges. Talk to students who attend, sit in on a few classes. Combine experiences. Maybe go to community college first, then a state school. Decide what YOUR interests are and find the school that meets them. Find a school where the secretaries are nice and the people want to serve you.

I would tell students and parents to take there time and right down ten interests or wants in their college then look for those wants and make sure atleast your top 3 are in that college. It's important to feel safe and comfortable in the place you learn. Rememeber nothing is perfect, but it can be managable. Good Luck!!

Pray about it, if you dont really know what you wanna do with your life dont let it get you down. If you're constantly worrying about what you're going to do, you wont enjoy what you're doing at the moment, when it's the little things you're doing that will probably lead to you doing what you eventually end up doing.

Step out of your comfort zone. You may be shy, but how are you going to be ok away from everything you know if you don't step out? Try new things, make new friends, stay up late, be a college student. You only have four years to experience this season in your life. Make the most of it.

FInd a place where people are passionate about making a difference in the world. Pick the place where your gut tells you to go. Make sure the unity andcommunity at the college is visible because your fellow peers will have a huge influence on your college experience.

In order to be a successful college student you have to find a balance between your social life and study life. Do not get so consumed with studying that you never make any friends, and do not let your friends use up all your study time. You will never get ahead.

Don't focus soley on the majors that the school gives and the amount of money you'll be able to make after you graduate. Think about how you will feel on that campus and what you want kind of difference you want to make in the world around you.

If I had the chance to go back to High School and give myself an advice I would tell my self, study extra hard, take all my class seriously. Get good grades and do PESO, take all the generals you need before going into college.

I would tell my self to be etter and take more classes that cont towrd my collage degree. For example be a PSEO student. Meaning that you take collage classes your senior year and not the high school leavel classes.