Saranac Lake, NY
North Country Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Country Community College

zhailynd

To me it's very quiet, and a great place to go to school and stay focused because it's not a lot to do that could interfere with your school work. The only things that I would change if possible, would be to first, build a recreational center in the community. Secondly I'd add more restaurants with a Large variety to choose from. Lastly I'd build a large mall with about 50 stores on the inside. But even without all of that I still love it here!

Riane

I think it’s location is pretty convenient, seeing as how it’s right in town. I also thing the staff is very friendly and helpful. Not only do they greet you every time you are seen, but they also seem very eager to assist you and guide you in any ways they can. Also, the classroom sizes are just perfect I think. They’re not very big, so great for individual q&a.

Alicia

UNIGO SCHOOL REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP North Country Community College’s Nursing faculty support you not only as a student, but as a human being. It is truly a holistic approach. I have attended two semesters at Clinton Community College, and the experience left me scarred. Despite a GPA of 3.4, the professors would harass me during clinical. I was brought into a room without an advocate and for 45 minutes, was told how I wasn’t the right candidate for their program and they requested my withdrawal. I politely refused, and despite the horrific event, continued to work diligently and passed the semester with competitive grades. Transferring to North Country Community College has challenged me academically, and helped my spirit heal following the pain I experienced at Clinton Community College. The professors are encouraging and warm, always available for questions, and guide you in your development as a professional. My only criticism is how far it is from where I live: The daily commute is 110 miles. On May 7th, following my last final exam of the semester, my Pontiac Vibe’s exhaust dropped onto the highway pavement on the way home. I brought the car to a nearby garage, and they highly advised purchasing another rather than try to fix it. The commute literally killed my car. I am requesting to be considered for this scholarship during my last year of Nursing School. I do work per-diem in the Emergency Care Center at Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital in Plattsburgh, NY. But I am highly concerned for the cost of school this year coming, including the cost of a car to get there. I hope you will consider my request, and I thank-you for your time. Alicia Fountain 518-645-0254 Allyfountain83@gmail.com Afountain128299@nccc.edu 273 Monty Road Plattsburgh NY 12901

Bridget

North Country Community College is a very small, but homey school. The professors are always available, and classes are small, making it easier to get more one-on-one help. It has different campuses, which helps the students to travel less. North Country is a good school, and you will learn a lot here.

julian

If i could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior the first thing i would tell myself would be stop wasting time and being lazy. During my high school years i was what you would call a disorganized procrastinator i would always wait until the last minute to study and do assignments. Now that i am in college it's ill-advised for me to reapeat these same habbits i picked up in high school especailly if i want exceptional marks and grades. So as my future self i would tell my high school self to begin to change my study habbits, because it will make my transition to college work so much easier with out having to find out the hard way that procrastination and college mixture usually doesn't end well for the student. Finally the last piece of advice i would give to myslf would be always put your school work before anything else. I realize now that me putting off my work for activities less important really didnt help me and now that those things are over they no longer matter, but school still does.

I really can't say that a certain kind of person shouldn't attend my school everyone should be entitled to some degree of higher education. Although if you are not willing to work hard for what you want to achieve then maybe college is just not for that person.

When i tell my friends about my school i mostly brag about the extra attention i recevie from my instuctors. I know mostly everyone glorifies the thought of a four year college or university, but i feel taking my first steps at a community college was probably better for me. I believe this because going straight to a four year university i know that especially with my major i would be viewed as more of a number than as a student, but at LCC i don't feel that way at all.

Breonna

Dear Younger Me, I know that you are set on going to a four year university because community college just is not your gig, but TRUST ME, you will be so much happier in a place where the teachers have rapport with you and you are not just a number! You are very headstrong and making your own mistakes is a part of life yet, accepting that life does not always go according to plan and learning from mistakes is better than repeating them will be the hardest lesson you must learn. You are the most important person?a hard working motivated student who wants to understand and dissect every piece of information thrown at you. You are the future generation of our world. You are the key to making this world exist long enough for your great great grandchildren. High school was tough, but college is your reward for surviving! Don?t sweat the small stuff; it is the big stuff that will get you. Love, Your Older Self

I am a university transfer student from a school in which I was in a bad situation. I love my current school!

erin

The advice I would give myself would be to show up to school on time! I created a habit of showing up late to school 9th grade and it snuck up on me senior year. It screwed alot of things up for me and made it hard to get alot of things such as scholarships and awards come graduation day. I really wish i would have worked hard and showed my true potential.

I know most of the people that go to this school. A lot of them went to high school with me. So it doesn't really give me a chance to open up and meet new people like real college experiences are supposed to.

A small town raised person should go to this school. We have a lot of vermonters that also come here.

tammie

I would have told myself to work for a few years and than go to school. I think that it is important for a student just out of high school to understand the concept of living on their own and paying bills. I guess you would say to have some responsibility and respect for others. I also think it would let a person know what they really want to do with their life.

Im really not sure how to answer this question. I did research on the school and the degree I am working for and I also asked a lot of questions. I was very comfortable with this school.

As a non tradional student the worst thing I thing is wrong with my school is the lack of respect from the younger generation. I found that alot of the students right out of high school do not respect their teachers. I think there needs to be some type of punishment for this type of behavior. It is very distracting to the students that are their to learn.

Kyle

Develop note taking skills.. Take more AP and College courses while in High School .

Instructors cancel class at last minute because they can not get a baby sitter

A negative individual who does not want to improve themselves.

North Country Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.