North Country Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Country Community College

Bridget

North Country Community College is a very small, but homey school. The professors are always available, and classes are small, making it easier to get more one-on-one help. It has different campuses, which helps the students to travel less. North Country is a good school, and you will learn a lot here.

zhailynd

To me it's very quiet, and a great place to go to school and stay focused because it's not a lot to do that could interfere with your school work. The only things that I would change if possible, would be to first, build a recreational center in the community. Secondly I'd add more restaurants with a Large variety to choose from. Lastly I'd build a large mall with about 50 stores on the inside. But even without all of that I still love it here!

Riane

I think it’s location is pretty convenient, seeing as how it’s right in town. I also thing the staff is very friendly and helpful. Not only do they greet you every time you are seen, but they also seem very eager to assist you and guide you in any ways they can. Also, the classroom sizes are just perfect I think. They’re not very big, so great for individual q&a.

Alicia

UNIGO SCHOOL REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP North Country Community College’s Nursing faculty support you not only as a student, but as a human being. It is truly a holistic approach. I have attended two semesters at Clinton Community College, and the experience left me scarred. Despite a GPA of 3.4, the professors would harass me during clinical. I was brought into a room without an advocate and for 45 minutes, was told how I wasn’t the right candidate for their program and they requested my withdrawal. I politely refused, and despite the horrific event, continued to work diligently and passed the semester with competitive grades. Transferring to North Country Community College has challenged me academically, and helped my spirit heal following the pain I experienced at Clinton Community College. The professors are encouraging and warm, always available for questions, and guide you in your development as a professional. My only criticism is how far it is from where I live: The daily commute is 110 miles. On May 7th, following my last final exam of the semester, my Pontiac Vibe’s exhaust dropped onto the highway pavement on the way home. I brought the car to a nearby garage, and they highly advised purchasing another rather than try to fix it. The commute literally killed my car. I am requesting to be considered for this scholarship during my last year of Nursing School. I do work per-diem in the Emergency Care Center at Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital in Plattsburgh, NY. But I am highly concerned for the cost of school this year coming, including the cost of a car to get there. I hope you will consider my request, and I thank-you for your time. Alicia Fountain 518-645-0254 [email protected] [email protected] 273 Monty Road Plattsburgh NY 12901