Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Jacob

It is located in a large city, the Fargo-Moorhead area, but it is not spread throughout the city like other campuses like the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The most of the campus is located all together, but it is not squished together. There are a few select buildings that are located off campus, but there are plenty of buses to get you back and forth. Another unique feature is that we renovated our Wellness/Health Center in 2007, but we all ready need to do it again because our school is growing so fast.

So far I have gotten a lot. I have gotten to know a lot of students and professors, who I can have life long friendships with. I already had pretty good study and work habits, but going to school here with all the available resources, I have improved those study and work habits. In general, I have improved myself as a person. The school helped with that with all of the activities, speakers, and general information that they have available. I think it the most valuable thing for me is the quality of information in the classroom. The stuff I have learned for my Construction Management major and Business Administration minor will be very helpful. I think it will help me stand out of the crowd from others when applying for jobs. I also think it will help me reach my maximum potential once I do find a job.

I wish I would have known how cold it gets in the winters, here in Fargo, ND. I have grown up in the cold, but nothing as cold as it can get here. At least the buildings are warm and some of them are connected by skyways.

Kathryn

NDSU is best known for its support of the college athletics and the Bison name. Sports are a big part of life here at NDSU and although academics are definitely important, the Bison are supported by students and the community alike. Bison events are attended, loved, and remembered by many alumni. Because of the great experience you have as a Bison during your college years, coming back to sporting events as an alumni are even more special. Being a Bison inspires pride and honor for the college, the community, and within all of the people you meet at NDSU.

My college experience has taken me on a path I never expected. I began college like any other freshman; nervous, excited, and ready to start a new chapter in life, and my first year went very well. But when discouraging events occurred during my sophomore year, I began questioning myself and what I was doing with my life. I ended up transferring colleges twice, changing my major three times, and leaving college altogether twice. Five years later, I?m back to finish what I started seven years ago. I now know who I am and where I want my life to take me, and although I had to leave college to figure it out, that confidence is priceless to me. I learned the hard way that you only have the college experience once, so use your time wisely and cherish it while you're there. I learned that obtaining a Bachelor?s degree is the first step in the path to a career and life you dream of. Most important of all, I learned that your mind is the most valuable tool you have, and you should use it to educate and better yourself at every opportunity.

The Fargo-Moorhead area is a great community to live in and be a part of. People here are the typical Midwesterners, friendly, open, and welcoming. Once you go to NDSU, the college and Fargo seem like your home., and it's always nice to come home. Another great aspect of attending NDSU is that even if the campus is big and there's around 14,000 students, it still seems that everyone knows everyone. You get a huge college with a small college feel. Students always find their own niche here, whether in activities, organizations, or within their majors.

Eric

Through my college experience i have learned study skills, social skills, and a desire to achieve whatever i put my mind to. In highschool I did not study much. School came easy for me and I was not challenged enough to feel the need to study, but since coming to NDSU I have been challenged and ultimately I have learned how to learn. My social skills have been strengthened through meeting new people and working on group projects in class, as well as being involved in campus events. My deisre to achieve has grown because NDSU is good at helping me to see my potential and push me towards success which motivates me to succeed. Not only academics but in my recreation, my personal life, and in helping others.

I wish I had known that NDSU was going to be this good.

Any person who wants to achieve their best and enjoy their college experience should attend NDSU. The science and math departments are very strong and have very well educated professors and teaching assistants running them. If a student is interested in entering a scietific or mathmatical field, they chould come to NDSU

Andrea

I have been fortunate in my college experience to be challenged academically, socially outgoing, and found determination to do my best work. All of the things that I have gotten out of attending NDSU come from the confidence I have been given through my peers and professors. These characteristics are valuable to me because they have made me a well-rounded and determined individual. My new found confidence has allowed me to do better at my studies, get a job that I enjoy, and made new and exciting friends. Experiencing life with a confident view has allowed me to be more friendly with others and accepting of diversity and other differences. I feel better about myself and the world around me. No challenge is too great because I have the skills and knowledge to handle it. Furthermore, my confidence has given me hope for a better future where I can be happy to be me and sure that I will succeed.

A person that would attend this school should be creative, fun loving, and career oriented. NDSU takes academics very serious and is a leading school for many colleges such as engineering and pharmacy. There is a variety of colleges so a variety of people come to campus. He or she should like snow and colder weather and enjoy traveling. An outdoorsman is also a great trait to have when coming to the school because we have a lot of wild life in the area. Also, a student should be open to research and lab work.

The weather in North Dakota is very cold during the winter. Walking from class to class when it is snowing or windy is not very much fun. There are a lot of tunnels and passeges to help the problem, but you can't escape the cold.

Kendall

My advice to myself would be that I need to be more prepared than I was. It would be really nice to sit down with my advisor and prioritize all classes I needed to take and then catagorize them in difficulty level. Therefore I could spread out my really tough classes in each semester and not have to take a Biology and a Physics class all in the same semester. It could also help me with having the easier classes spread out so I could balance out each sememester and how much homework I would have to do. This would have made obtaining my associate's degree easier and allowed me to be farther along in my education.

Andrew

NDSU has free washers and dryers in Residence Halls, unlimited meal plan, a lot of food options on campus such as Taco Bell, Hamburger Stand, Hoggie Hut, and they also have a lot of food options just off campus like Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees, Burger King, Mccdonalds, Subway, and Jimmy Johns.

Never ever take 19 credits plus Marching Band your first semester of college. Try to have more fun and get more envolved with activities right away. Keep your grades up and study more often.

I tell them that NDSU has great activities to participate in, such as Hall Government, Band, and Fraternities and Sororities. I also like to tell them that we have an unlimitied meals program and one of the dinning centers stays open till 10:30 at night. NDSU also has just a great atmosphere around it that just makes you feel right at home when you are on campus. We have many food options on campus and off campus. Lastley I like that the washers and dryers are free when you live in a Residence Hall.

Shawna

My classmates are hard working, encouraging, caring and passionate people when it comes to both their social lives and school work, as well as out-of class related work.

I would tell myself to not be closed about going to different schools. I should have applied for more schools right off the bat instead of transferring here later. It is wise to keep one's options open and look for the best financial situation that has a strong program in one's major.

The best thing about my school is the support that both faculty, professors and other students give. It's like seeing family every day.

Brandia

I would advise myself to separate myself from my family and my friends a little sooner than I did it would have made the transition so much easier. It would have been less painful, although still painful. I also would advise myself to get help from teachers and not go home much. Teachers are a great asset to your college experience they don't just help you in class, but can serve as references for jobs. Not going home as much would better acclimate you to being away from friends and family. Meet as many people as you can just go talk to anyone no one will think it's weird. Stay in contact with high school friends but not too many because that will just make more ties to home instead of cutting those ties.

The best thing about NDSU is smaller campus. After you've been here for a week you know where everything is. It's small enough that everything is within walking distance, even some restaurants. There are buses for the downtown campus, but you don't need to go downtown unless you have a class there or live there, so it's easy to avoid going if you don't want to.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the weather I am a warm weather person and it is very very cold up here in the winter especially with the wind. The school drew me in though and I absolutely love the campus, people, organizations, and classes. It's frustrating because this is the college for me but not the weather for me.

Sara

In the smaller classes, such as 20-30 students you really connect with fellow classmates because most of them happen to be in your major, so you form friendships to help each other out.

I would advise myself to take more college-geared classes in high school. When I first got to North Dakota State University I had no clue how to study, and I didn't know where to go for help. I would also tell myself don't be afraid to go to tutor, needing extra help does not mean your any less intelligent. Everybody needs help from time to time and tutors relieve some of the stress from your life. I would also tell myself when doing college visits to sit in on a class and see how the atmosphere feels. And lastly I would tell myself to visit as many schools as possible, I only visited one, you never now if one school would have been an excellent fit if you only visited one university.

I wish I would have known better study techniques, when people tell college is way different then high school, believe them!

Joshua

The distance away from home, average yearly price, balanced with the strength of North Dakota State University's engineering program strongly weighed into why I chose this school. Only being 4 hours away from home, I can visit on a weekend, but still be able to be independent. North Dakota State University is also strong in the field of study I wish to become employed in, a definite advantage. The cost of attending North Dakota State University is also in the appropriate range for me as a young student.

The first thing I would advise myself about to not worry about adapting to collage life. It?s just like summer camp. More importantly, I would give myself advice about searching for scholarships. Loans are not as easy to pay or receive as I had once believed. The solution for this is to search more diligently for grants and scholarships during my senior year of high school. A second thing I would advise myself to do is understand the process of making a resume even better. Resumes are used in collage applications, job applications, as well as in scholarship applications. A better understanding of how to make and strengthen a resume would be invaluable experience before I started my summer jobs and scholarship applications. The last thing I would give myself advice with is the FAFSA form. Do not go to 'anything.com' only go to the '.gov' sites. Most other ones cost money and are scams. Other than these things, there is nothing overly important that I would tell myself about collage.

The disadvantages of my school are divided between its relatively unknown reputation, and the extreme weather. Because of the widely known University of North Dakota, the school I attend is somewhat overlooked, a disadvantage when looking for a career after my education. Also, the extreme cold and windy conditions have some risk involved. The ice and snow increase the chances of accidents and health problems. However, an experience that is difficult to overcome is usually advantageous in the long run.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.