Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Emma

It took me a while to adjust. My parents and boyfriend live only an hour away so I was going home all the time and I think some people didn't like me because I was quiet and shy. But I had some friends from my high school that I hung out with quite often and really got to know a lot better. I made some new friends as well and kept in touch with some old ones. My first semester went badly because I didn't want to do my work so I had a terrible GPA. In my second semester I did the best I could and raised it a bit, but it still could use a lot of work. I learned mostly, and am still perfecting, how to balance my social and school lives. I've had some great professors and some bad ones but I learned how to work with each. My roommate was great and helped me through a lot and I found I could rely on her for anything. I'm glad I chose NDSU because it was a thrill ride that I'm not done with yet and I look forward to more.

I just don't like how expensive some things are, like online classes and online programs we have to sign up for. That's all.

I would have to say the price of online courses. I took two courses online last semester and I loved doing it that way but they are so much more expensive it's hard to take them. They're not providing a building or the online programs so why are they so much. And also the amount of online courses we need to sign up for and pay for. I had to get at least 6 online programs ranging from $35 to over $100 each.

Justin

Big college with a little college atmosphere.

Big college with a little college atmosphere.

I have gotten a lot of things out of my college experience. Not only am I recieving a top notch education that will help me attain my future career goals, but i also have had many great times and met many great people that i will keep as friends for the rest of my life. It has been very valuable to attend college because it is educating me and giving me the opportunity to persue my career choices and have a high chance of attaining the occupation i want because i have the proper skills to perform the tasks asked of me. It has also been valuable because it has allowed me to meet the best friends i have ever had and given me some great life experiences on the way. If i could do it all over again i would definetly attend college again. It is an experience of a life time and i will never forget it!

We dont have to pay to get into athletic events and to use the wellness facilities. The town is also not to big, but not to little. Its not far from home and you can easily drive to good hunting areas. They are improving a lot of the facilities around campus.

prenita

I have learned a lot of things from college experience, and they include: the way I talk to people, the way they help me if I need something, and the most important thing is that I have learned to be very independent and very adaptive to new environments. I have also learned that to achieve something in our life, we have to be really working hard to get what we want. It is no longer like high school if you don't do your work no one is going to be reminding you of it. At college you have to do everything on your own to suceed in life, and that's what i want to do suceed.

North Dakota State University attracted all types of people. My best friend came from Massachusetts because NDSU had a four year veteranarian technician. I attended college with peers who graduated from a class of 9 and some that graduated from a high school class of over 700 people. I was exposed to many different cultures, lifestyles, and beliefs. I know that North Dakota State University might seem homogenized, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the case at all.

North Dakota State University gave me an opportunity to truly discover the life path I wanted to follow. My first degree was zoology, then I changed to nursing, until I finally settled on food and nutrition. NDSU is big enough that it was able to fulfill all of my desired future career changes, yet small enough that I got the support to find what I was truly passionate about.

College not only led me to a career that I love, it gave me many opportunities to practice what I preach. My career as a dietitian in an eating disorders field has led me to a better outlook on nutrition for myself and a desire to continue my education to become a therapist.

Encouaging, fun students who aren't afraid to go after their dreams and make new friends.

I have gotten many things out of my experience here at NDSU. I have met many new people all with different views on religion and life. Getting to meet people from different cultures helps me learn about the diverse world we live in. I love how everyone at school is friendly and accepting of those around them. Everyone is here to help each other out, whether it is with school work, finding a job, or getting to know other students. The campus does a great job of getting students involved with organization and job fairs. I have been able to join bible study and be elected as a leader for next year, I have also been able to join a pharmacy organization and learn about the interview process I will be going through next year. Campus attractions puts on free activities for students like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. The campus is valuable to attend because they have provided me with the resources to do well in my studies as well as make friends with my new classmates. The transition from high school to college has been an easy one thanks to NDSU.

The best thing about my school are the students. There are many student led organizations that get students involved in their major like pharmacy clubs or pre-med clubs. This encourages me, as well as my classmates, to meet other students in our major and become familiar with our classes. Students are also running activities for everyone to get involved over the weekend, things like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. These sorts of things help students feel like they are a part of a community and creates a good learning environment.

Jacob

It is located in a large city, the Fargo-Moorhead area, but it is not spread throughout the city like other campuses like the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The most of the campus is located all together, but it is not squished together. There are a few select buildings that are located off campus, but there are plenty of buses to get you back and forth. Another unique feature is that we renovated our Wellness/Health Center in 2007, but we all ready need to do it again because our school is growing so fast.

So far I have gotten a lot. I have gotten to know a lot of students and professors, who I can have life long friendships with. I already had pretty good study and work habits, but going to school here with all the available resources, I have improved those study and work habits. In general, I have improved myself as a person. The school helped with that with all of the activities, speakers, and general information that they have available. I think it the most valuable thing for me is the quality of information in the classroom. The stuff I have learned for my Construction Management major and Business Administration minor will be very helpful. I think it will help me stand out of the crowd from others when applying for jobs. I also think it will help me reach my maximum potential once I do find a job.

I wish I would have known how cold it gets in the winters, here in Fargo, ND. I have grown up in the cold, but nothing as cold as it can get here. At least the buildings are warm and some of them are connected by skyways.

Kathryn

NDSU is best known for its support of the college athletics and the Bison name. Sports are a big part of life here at NDSU and although academics are definitely important, the Bison are supported by students and the community alike. Bison events are attended, loved, and remembered by many alumni. Because of the great experience you have as a Bison during your college years, coming back to sporting events as an alumni are even more special. Being a Bison inspires pride and honor for the college, the community, and within all of the people you meet at NDSU.

My college experience has taken me on a path I never expected. I began college like any other freshman; nervous, excited, and ready to start a new chapter in life, and my first year went very well. But when discouraging events occurred during my sophomore year, I began questioning myself and what I was doing with my life. I ended up transferring colleges twice, changing my major three times, and leaving college altogether twice. Five years later, I?m back to finish what I started seven years ago. I now know who I am and where I want my life to take me, and although I had to leave college to figure it out, that confidence is priceless to me. I learned the hard way that you only have the college experience once, so use your time wisely and cherish it while you're there. I learned that obtaining a Bachelor?s degree is the first step in the path to a career and life you dream of. Most important of all, I learned that your mind is the most valuable tool you have, and you should use it to educate and better yourself at every opportunity.

The Fargo-Moorhead area is a great community to live in and be a part of. People here are the typical Midwesterners, friendly, open, and welcoming. Once you go to NDSU, the college and Fargo seem like your home., and it's always nice to come home. Another great aspect of attending NDSU is that even if the campus is big and there's around 14,000 students, it still seems that everyone knows everyone. You get a huge college with a small college feel. Students always find their own niche here, whether in activities, organizations, or within their majors.

Eric

Through my college experience i have learned study skills, social skills, and a desire to achieve whatever i put my mind to. In highschool I did not study much. School came easy for me and I was not challenged enough to feel the need to study, but since coming to NDSU I have been challenged and ultimately I have learned how to learn. My social skills have been strengthened through meeting new people and working on group projects in class, as well as being involved in campus events. My deisre to achieve has grown because NDSU is good at helping me to see my potential and push me towards success which motivates me to succeed. Not only academics but in my recreation, my personal life, and in helping others.

I wish I had known that NDSU was going to be this good.

Any person who wants to achieve their best and enjoy their college experience should attend NDSU. The science and math departments are very strong and have very well educated professors and teaching assistants running them. If a student is interested in entering a scietific or mathmatical field, they chould come to NDSU

Andrea

I have been fortunate in my college experience to be challenged academically, socially outgoing, and found determination to do my best work. All of the things that I have gotten out of attending NDSU come from the confidence I have been given through my peers and professors. These characteristics are valuable to me because they have made me a well-rounded and determined individual. My new found confidence has allowed me to do better at my studies, get a job that I enjoy, and made new and exciting friends. Experiencing life with a confident view has allowed me to be more friendly with others and accepting of diversity and other differences. I feel better about myself and the world around me. No challenge is too great because I have the skills and knowledge to handle it. Furthermore, my confidence has given me hope for a better future where I can be happy to be me and sure that I will succeed.

A person that would attend this school should be creative, fun loving, and career oriented. NDSU takes academics very serious and is a leading school for many colleges such as engineering and pharmacy. There is a variety of colleges so a variety of people come to campus. He or she should like snow and colder weather and enjoy traveling. An outdoorsman is also a great trait to have when coming to the school because we have a lot of wild life in the area. Also, a student should be open to research and lab work.

The weather in North Dakota is very cold during the winter. Walking from class to class when it is snowing or windy is not very much fun. There are a lot of tunnels and passeges to help the problem, but you can't escape the cold.

Kendall

My advice to myself would be that I need to be more prepared than I was. It would be really nice to sit down with my advisor and prioritize all classes I needed to take and then catagorize them in difficulty level. Therefore I could spread out my really tough classes in each semester and not have to take a Biology and a Physics class all in the same semester. It could also help me with having the easier classes spread out so I could balance out each sememester and how much homework I would have to do. This would have made obtaining my associate's degree easier and allowed me to be farther along in my education.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.