Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Abigail

I would remind myself that school is the most important thing coming up. While there are classes that are more boring that drying paint, they are still important to building a strong and fulfilling future. I would also remind myself to keep up the study habits that I mainitained through highschool but have found to be slipping on saturdays when there are games to go to and other events other than homework going on.

I find that the class sizes are often times too big. This makes communicating with the proffessors very difficult when more help is needed or if you just need to discuss a matter with them. I would not say that they are unreasonable and will never meet with their students, it is just the the amount of students they see on a daily basis can overwhelm them.

I love NDSU. The only frustrating thing about the school is the lack of student participation in campus events, including sporting events. The unity that often exists within a community of college students is often vitally linked to the amount of involvment that students have in thier surrounding. I would like to see more Green and Gold gathered at games, socials, and whenever there are festivals for varrious groups.

Eric

In the past, North Dakota State University has been known for its strong focus on argricultural education and research. Though it still carries a strong reputation for that, current times are placing a much stronger focus also on the Art, Architecture and Landscape Architecture programs which are now housed in the new downtown campus. Currently, the Architecture program here ranks among the top 25 in the country.

Be prepared for that which you cannot necessarily prepare for. Without a doubt, money should be saved, grades should be maintained with the utmost care and secondary schools should be scrutinized, but the single idea to keep in the forefront of your mind is openness. You are bound to make mistakes. Maybe you will change your major four times, or fail a class, or whatever it may be. While I am not justifying any sort of wrong doing here, I do believe that there is value to be taken from things that don't go according to the preconceived plan. The bottom line is that this is college; this is an investment in an education, in life, that no matter what, no one can ever take away from you. Avoid getting too tied down at this point. Time, as well as a vibrant education will reveal limitless opportunities, and even when you're not in class, college will leave you with things no one will ever be able to rob you of.

Someone who seeks to get a solid education in virtually any field, and take advantage of the opportunities of a rapidly growing research university. A tolerance of cold weather is also a must.

Anna

My classmates are all pretty accepting. I enjoy their company and it is great having people to share the challenges of our architecture class assignments. People I don't share classes with, but live in the same residence hall with are all quite fun. They are always finding something to do as a group and enjoy everyone's company.

Through my transition to college I found it really nerve wracking. If I could go back I would let myself know that the transition to college would not be stressful at all and not to get so nervous about it. I'd tell myself to just breath and enjoy the end of my senior year. I would also remind myself to enjoy planning Teens Giving Back, the youth volunteer event I planned and executed my senior year. I'd remind myself to be extremely grateful to those that volunteer to make Teens Giving Back happen and to give it my all. As a final note to myself I would say, "keep an open mind about everyone you meet, all the places you go, and all the things you encounter, because you never want to wonder what if..." It is the 'what if's of life that will eventually hold people back in the past instead of allowing them to continue on with the rest of their lives.

Since I have to choose what the worst thing is about my school, I have to say that the worst thing about NDSU is that in the winter the temperatures get really, really cold. I wish we had more tunnels, but it is nice that we have tunnels from the High Rise residence halls to the West dinning center.

Kassandra

A place where students and staff come together as one to grow, learn, and have fun.

If I could travel back in time and be a high school senior, I would tell myself to be sure to get involved right away! Don't be afraid to check out new Clubs, Orgs, ect. I would also tell myself to push myself to meet people. In the beginging things seem daunting and a scary, remember that everyone is in the same boat as you, so just go for it! Another thing I would tell myself as a high school senior is to ask for help when you need it. It's never fun if you dig yourself a hole in the begining of the semester, or to feel like you are never able to catch up on your work. My advice: start your homework early, don't wait for Sunday night, it's the easiest cure for Monday morning dreads. Don't forget to get active. Make exercise fun, and make smart eating choices. Another insight I would give myself as a senior is get to know your proffesors! If you email them, or visit them during office hours with questions, they will get to know you and come time for the grade you want to be remembered!

We have an amazing campus. The size is just right, not too big, not too small. There are opportunities for everyone. We are known for our Engineering and Architechure Program. We are ABET accredited. Campus has an awesome Wellness Center and a Perfect Union (Student Center). There are over 200+ clubs and orginizations to get involved in. 13,000+ possible students to meet and become friends with. Great professors, and good sized classes. Affordable!! Has a great communtiy feel around campus. Feels very safe at all times!

Brianna

NDSU is a friendly campus where it's easy to get allong with people.

NDSU is a friendly campus where it's easy to get allong with people.

If I was able to talk to my high school self here's what I would say: Chillax Yo. There is no need to spend so much time worring about what college will be like. College is full of so many different opportunities and people that amazing things are bound to happen. As long as you put yourself out there you will find your nitch, your place to belong. There's no need to try and change who you are and no need to try and fit in with the "college image". In college there are all walks of people. It would be near impossible not to find people who think the way you do and have the same morals you do. No matter what you think you are not alone in your fears though. 3000 students came in to college feeling exactly the same way that you do and now together we have all grown to be more comfortable with ourselves and each other. College is a time of growth, change and oppportunity, so don't fret, just allow it to happen. And also, go for the nice boy, because he's more than worth it!

I wish I had known more about the clubs and organizations because I would have loved to have joined some groups early.

Seth

I think this school is unique because we have started a downtown campus. The school has shuttles that bus students down to an historic area of Fargo. I think having buildings away from main campus allows students to get away from school a bit and learn in a totally new and inspiring environment.

I've always thought about this question myself. If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to go into college with a more open mind. College is about discovering yourself. Picking a major doesn't necessarily mean that is what you should do in ife. I would try and persuade myself to really look into many different opportunities and fields of study. I would also tell myself to fill out many more scholarships. I didn't realize how hard it is to obtain scholarships nor juggle a job with school also. Money is tight and thriftiness has to be present with you everday. Finally, the most important piece of wisdom I would give would be to have fun. My parents always told me this will be the best part of my life. Don't get bogged down thinking of finances and homework all the time. Socializing and exploring is just as important. Hopefully these tips would be enough to change my outlook on college a little more positive than it already was.

The one area that I like to brag about to my friends is the architecture program. It is ranked high nationally and usually has a good post college job acceptance rate. I also like to share that we have a great student union where we can watch free movies and go bowling for really cheap. The school has a lot of good things to offer that aren't available to colleges in this area.

Matthew

If I could bo back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to get involved as much as possible. You can make friends in the classroom; however, the main area you make your close friends and have the most fun is through extracirricular activities. You do not have to be a great athlete or gifted to be involved. Join a band; join a choir; join an intermural sports team. North Dakota State University will accept you for who you are; people at the college are very friendly, are very excited to meet new people, and the organizations on campus are very fun. College is a place to make lifelong friends. Yes, you go to school to learn chemistry, history, wellness, and the like; however, the main purpose of school is learning how to be a responsible, loving, and caring adult. Friends stick with you through good times and bad; therefore, get involved at NDSU. You will not regret it!

The best thing about North Dakota State Univeristy is its sense of community. Through athletics, community organizations, group study sessions, or clubs, NDSU helps students feel that they are part of the university. This attribute came into play last year when Fargo, North Dakota experienced a record-breaking flood. Students from NDSU came together as one to help Fargo, ND overcome the flood. This effort not only helped the city win the flood fight, it bonded NDSU students as one great community.

The worst part about the school is the amount scholarship money that is spent on athletics compared to other majors. For example, over half of the football team and over half of the basketball teams receive full-ride tuition for four years if they come and play. However, scholarships for academics is low. There are many talented and smart people who do not play a sport; unfortunately, they do not get the scholarship recognition as an athlete.

Calli

If I could go back in time and talk to myself and give myself advice of what to expect and how to make the transition in college, I would tell myself that I should get involved day one. In college, you know a very small majority of students when you first come to college. If you get involved right away I feel as though it makes your experience so much greater and more fun. You meet so many people regardless of what you become involved with, and learn so much about yourself and others around you from being involved in organizations. It also is a fantastic way to network with others and ultimately increase your knowledge of what employers are looking for and seeking, as well as being able to add things to your resume, which, ultimately plays a very large part in you succeeding in college and getting a job offer. Another thing I would tell myself is don't regret a single thing. If you spend all your time regretting something then you are wasting your time and not living your college experience to its fullest. Lastly, I would say always be yourself, it's who you are!

I think that if you are unmotivated or just looking for an easy way to obtain a degree this is definitely not the school for you. Professors expect you to go to class on a regular basis, and study quite a bit. Any student who attend NDSU that is just into drinking and doing drugs that will NOT be tolerated at NDSU; they expect the best out of every person. Students should always remember that they are representing not only theirselves, but also the North Dakota State University and also the community and state we are located and belong to.

I love to tell people how much there is to do even though its North Dakota. Everyone who comes seems to think that North Dakota is so boring, but there's ALWAYS something to do either here on the North Dakota State University campus or in the Fargo-Moorhead area. I also love to brag about the many organizations that are on campus here, theres more than 280 student led organizations! It's CRAZY!! Plus, it's the best school to go to for majors and job placements in North Dakota!!!! GO BISON!!!!!!!!

Anthony

North Dakota State University actually cares about your and helps you succeed in the classroom!

North Dakota State University's financial aid department helps you figure out what needs to be done rather then making you figure it out yourself.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to take as many math classes possible. This is would make the transition way easier and allow myself to take more upper level classes. Finally I would tell myself not to worry about the school work because its not as hard as you think it will be. Just make sure you manage your time so you can make friends and more importantly succeed in the classroom.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.