Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Brianna

NDSU is a friendly campus where it's easy to get allong with people.

NDSU is a friendly campus where it's easy to get allong with people.

If I was able to talk to my high school self here's what I would say: Chillax Yo. There is no need to spend so much time worring about what college will be like. College is full of so many different opportunities and people that amazing things are bound to happen. As long as you put yourself out there you will find your nitch, your place to belong. There's no need to try and change who you are and no need to try and fit in with the "college image". In college there are all walks of people. It would be near impossible not to find people who think the way you do and have the same morals you do. No matter what you think you are not alone in your fears though. 3000 students came in to college feeling exactly the same way that you do and now together we have all grown to be more comfortable with ourselves and each other. College is a time of growth, change and oppportunity, so don't fret, just allow it to happen. And also, go for the nice boy, because he's more than worth it!

I wish I had known more about the clubs and organizations because I would have loved to have joined some groups early.

Seth

I think this school is unique because we have started a downtown campus. The school has shuttles that bus students down to an historic area of Fargo. I think having buildings away from main campus allows students to get away from school a bit and learn in a totally new and inspiring environment.

I've always thought about this question myself. If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to go into college with a more open mind. College is about discovering yourself. Picking a major doesn't necessarily mean that is what you should do in ife. I would try and persuade myself to really look into many different opportunities and fields of study. I would also tell myself to fill out many more scholarships. I didn't realize how hard it is to obtain scholarships nor juggle a job with school also. Money is tight and thriftiness has to be present with you everday. Finally, the most important piece of wisdom I would give would be to have fun. My parents always told me this will be the best part of my life. Don't get bogged down thinking of finances and homework all the time. Socializing and exploring is just as important. Hopefully these tips would be enough to change my outlook on college a little more positive than it already was.

The one area that I like to brag about to my friends is the architecture program. It is ranked high nationally and usually has a good post college job acceptance rate. I also like to share that we have a great student union where we can watch free movies and go bowling for really cheap. The school has a lot of good things to offer that aren't available to colleges in this area.

Matthew

If I could bo back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to get involved as much as possible. You can make friends in the classroom; however, the main area you make your close friends and have the most fun is through extracirricular activities. You do not have to be a great athlete or gifted to be involved. Join a band; join a choir; join an intermural sports team. North Dakota State University will accept you for who you are; people at the college are very friendly, are very excited to meet new people, and the organizations on campus are very fun. College is a place to make lifelong friends. Yes, you go to school to learn chemistry, history, wellness, and the like; however, the main purpose of school is learning how to be a responsible, loving, and caring adult. Friends stick with you through good times and bad; therefore, get involved at NDSU. You will not regret it!

The best thing about North Dakota State Univeristy is its sense of community. Through athletics, community organizations, group study sessions, or clubs, NDSU helps students feel that they are part of the university. This attribute came into play last year when Fargo, North Dakota experienced a record-breaking flood. Students from NDSU came together as one to help Fargo, ND overcome the flood. This effort not only helped the city win the flood fight, it bonded NDSU students as one great community.

The worst part about the school is the amount scholarship money that is spent on athletics compared to other majors. For example, over half of the football team and over half of the basketball teams receive full-ride tuition for four years if they come and play. However, scholarships for academics is low. There are many talented and smart people who do not play a sport; unfortunately, they do not get the scholarship recognition as an athlete.

Calli

If I could go back in time and talk to myself and give myself advice of what to expect and how to make the transition in college, I would tell myself that I should get involved day one. In college, you know a very small majority of students when you first come to college. If you get involved right away I feel as though it makes your experience so much greater and more fun. You meet so many people regardless of what you become involved with, and learn so much about yourself and others around you from being involved in organizations. It also is a fantastic way to network with others and ultimately increase your knowledge of what employers are looking for and seeking, as well as being able to add things to your resume, which, ultimately plays a very large part in you succeeding in college and getting a job offer. Another thing I would tell myself is don't regret a single thing. If you spend all your time regretting something then you are wasting your time and not living your college experience to its fullest. Lastly, I would say always be yourself, it's who you are!

I think that if you are unmotivated or just looking for an easy way to obtain a degree this is definitely not the school for you. Professors expect you to go to class on a regular basis, and study quite a bit. Any student who attend NDSU that is just into drinking and doing drugs that will NOT be tolerated at NDSU; they expect the best out of every person. Students should always remember that they are representing not only theirselves, but also the North Dakota State University and also the community and state we are located and belong to.

I love to tell people how much there is to do even though its North Dakota. Everyone who comes seems to think that North Dakota is so boring, but there's ALWAYS something to do either here on the North Dakota State University campus or in the Fargo-Moorhead area. I also love to brag about the many organizations that are on campus here, theres more than 280 student led organizations! It's CRAZY!! Plus, it's the best school to go to for majors and job placements in North Dakota!!!! GO BISON!!!!!!!!

Anthony

North Dakota State University actually cares about your and helps you succeed in the classroom!

North Dakota State University's financial aid department helps you figure out what needs to be done rather then making you figure it out yourself.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to take as many math classes possible. This is would make the transition way easier and allow myself to take more upper level classes. Finally I would tell myself not to worry about the school work because its not as hard as you think it will be. Just make sure you manage your time so you can make friends and more importantly succeed in the classroom.

Kelsey

The students in my program are dedicated and determined. Not to say we do not have our share of fun but everyone seems to understand that class comes first which makes NDSU a wonderful place to learn and explore new things.

One thing I have noticed while living here at NDSU is how close knit the campus is. I cannot walk from one end of campus to the other without seeing someone I know. So, despite the often dreary weather, there is always someone to cheer you up. It's like having a constant silver lining! And who else has a bison mascot named Thundar.

When making the transition from high school to college, I did not have any trouble moving from home and meeting new people. However, there has been trouble getting over old habits. Having the ambition to do the things that I ought to do, like exercising and completing homework, is more difficult now that no one is there to see it through. Without that external authority figure, it is much harder to force myself to get things done and the impact of not doing those things is evident. I wish that I had the drive to put them into some kind of routine before coming to school. The more important thing that I would to my high school self is to say that I am worth it. I deserve to get into my major of choice because I am going to put the effort into it. I deserve to attend a good school. I deserve to be surrounded by amazing people. I deserve the life that I make for myself. This is most important because this kind of attitude creates an unstoppable force. One that cannot be reckoned with. That is the kind of person I should strive to be.

Jodi

NDSU is known for its sports, and its great academics and research.

NDSU is known for its sports, and its great academics and research.

College life is just as good as everyone said that it would be. The transition at first is a little tough, but once you start meeting people you start meeting lifelong friends. Don't worry about what other people think about yourself, because who you are in college will affect many aspects of your life. There is a lot of pressure on picking a major, but there are a lot of people there to help you in your decision. The advisors at NDSU want what is best for you and are willing to answer any questions that you may have. If you have any questions about anything going on in your transition, don't be afraid to ask. Get involved with activities that interest you. More than likely they can help you in your future, and will look great on a resume. Find classes that you will love, and don't overload yourself. Make sure to make time for a social life, it will be reflected in which ever job you end up getting in your future.

The best thing about NDSU is that everyone is so friendly and want you to succeed. There is not a lot of competition amongst the students.

Having been through a transfer and taking a semester off to work, I would tell myself to simply think more. Make realistic plans that are able to be adapted to other situations. I thought that my life would be perfect attending a private college, and it was, until tution and fees shot through the roof. When I transferred to the public (and less expensive) university I attend now, most of my credits did not transfer- liberal arts classes do not easily translate into state public institutions. In the end, I was required to take many freshmen level courses my junior year to fulfill general education requirements. If I had planned better, thought things through, I could have taken classes that make sense to transfer, or not gone to the private college at all. I could have prepared better financial planning to stay at the private college. There are many "if I had done this differently" situations, and I have turned each over in my mind. I don't regret anything that has happened, but these last few years could have been a lot simpler if I had known to plan for the unexpected and always make adaptable plans.

Location is probably the worst thing about NDSU. Obviously it is inhumanly cold here from about November to March, but also Fargo is a smaller city with a lot of generic qualities. I would like to see more of an Indi vibe to the area instead of more chain restaurants and major department stores.

NDSU is not as academically rigorous as I would like it to be; it is almost just like being back in high school.

Danielle

"Get out there, make yourself heard!" This was the most difficult thing for me to do because I was always so afraid to speak up in class or even to meet new people; in reality everyone else was just as (if not more) apprehensive as me. I would tell myself to take chances on people and groups, to join anything that interests you because there's rarely any long-term obligation if it turns out not being the perfect fit. The only risk in venturing into the unknown is just that - you'll never know what life-changing event or eye-opening person you missed out on. "Don't try so hard to fit in." Everyone is different, and the more you accept your uniqueness, the more confident you'll become. Confidence radiates like sunlight, shining its rays on those around you, showing them you can be a leader and put your best foot forward. Part of being yourself is believing in yourself, knowing your limits and not being wary of what others think. You'll gain respect from your peers, family members, professors, AND from yourself by expressing your true character and giving everyone and everything a fighting chance.

There's something for everyone here at NDSU. Anyone could find that place they belong because the options are endless! From Harry Potter Club to football, from American Students of Pharmacy to the volunteer network, from living on campus to the Greek houses, there's always something to do and someone to do it with. Bonds are formed and connections are made through any and all organizations, helping create present friends and form acquaintances for the future.

My universtiy is extremely large! There's so many amazing teachers and interesting fellow students that I'll never get the opportunity to meet. I can't be afraid to talk to as many people as possible because I could miss out on great potential relationships. Everyone feels more comfortable around familiar faces, even if you don't know their names; no one likes to be alienated in a sea of unknown students and intimidating teachers.

Erica

As I look back I would have told myself that college is a bigger transition than you think. Everyone tells you that college is so much better than high school, which in parts is true. However, you are now officially an adult who is now debt because of college loans, and be prepared to empty for savings to cover the rest of your costs that your loans don?t cover. Don?t worry when you buy books for the first time and they cost a lot; it?s that way for nearly everyone. Whenever you get the chance fill out scholarships because they help out a lot. Also if you have a bad roommate the first semester; your second one will better. Yet the experience will teach you how to deal with difficult people. School will be everything you dreamed of , but it?s a bigger place than your small town high school. Don?t worry so much about pleasing others. If you feel like you?re in the wrong major change. It?s your choice, not theirs. Don?t worry, and when the world is trying to get you down, hold your head up high. You can succeed.

Any person who wants to achieve his/her dreams sould attend this collge. College requires time, commitment, and ambition. Learning here is alot of fun. It's a large school with so many different opportunities. I recommend anyone who is going into agriculture or engineering to attend this school in particular.

If you are the type of person that doesn't like big crowds, then this school may not be for you. Due to how many students are enrolled here you are a number not always a name. Also if you are going into the arts, this is not the school for you as it doesn't concentration on those areas of study as much.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.