Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Kelsey

The students in my program are dedicated and determined. Not to say we do not have our share of fun but everyone seems to understand that class comes first which makes NDSU a wonderful place to learn and explore new things.

One thing I have noticed while living here at NDSU is how close knit the campus is. I cannot walk from one end of campus to the other without seeing someone I know. So, despite the often dreary weather, there is always someone to cheer you up. It's like having a constant silver lining! And who else has a bison mascot named Thundar.

When making the transition from high school to college, I did not have any trouble moving from home and meeting new people. However, there has been trouble getting over old habits. Having the ambition to do the things that I ought to do, like exercising and completing homework, is more difficult now that no one is there to see it through. Without that external authority figure, it is much harder to force myself to get things done and the impact of not doing those things is evident. I wish that I had the drive to put them into some kind of routine before coming to school. The more important thing that I would to my high school self is to say that I am worth it. I deserve to get into my major of choice because I am going to put the effort into it. I deserve to attend a good school. I deserve to be surrounded by amazing people. I deserve the life that I make for myself. This is most important because this kind of attitude creates an unstoppable force. One that cannot be reckoned with. That is the kind of person I should strive to be.

Jodi

NDSU is known for its sports, and its great academics and research.

NDSU is known for its sports, and its great academics and research.

College life is just as good as everyone said that it would be. The transition at first is a little tough, but once you start meeting people you start meeting lifelong friends. Don't worry about what other people think about yourself, because who you are in college will affect many aspects of your life. There is a lot of pressure on picking a major, but there are a lot of people there to help you in your decision. The advisors at NDSU want what is best for you and are willing to answer any questions that you may have. If you have any questions about anything going on in your transition, don't be afraid to ask. Get involved with activities that interest you. More than likely they can help you in your future, and will look great on a resume. Find classes that you will love, and don't overload yourself. Make sure to make time for a social life, it will be reflected in which ever job you end up getting in your future.

The best thing about NDSU is that everyone is so friendly and want you to succeed. There is not a lot of competition amongst the students.

Having been through a transfer and taking a semester off to work, I would tell myself to simply think more. Make realistic plans that are able to be adapted to other situations. I thought that my life would be perfect attending a private college, and it was, until tution and fees shot through the roof. When I transferred to the public (and less expensive) university I attend now, most of my credits did not transfer- liberal arts classes do not easily translate into state public institutions. In the end, I was required to take many freshmen level courses my junior year to fulfill general education requirements. If I had planned better, thought things through, I could have taken classes that make sense to transfer, or not gone to the private college at all. I could have prepared better financial planning to stay at the private college. There are many "if I had done this differently" situations, and I have turned each over in my mind. I don't regret anything that has happened, but these last few years could have been a lot simpler if I had known to plan for the unexpected and always make adaptable plans.

Location is probably the worst thing about NDSU. Obviously it is inhumanly cold here from about November to March, but also Fargo is a smaller city with a lot of generic qualities. I would like to see more of an Indi vibe to the area instead of more chain restaurants and major department stores.

NDSU is not as academically rigorous as I would like it to be; it is almost just like being back in high school.

Danielle

"Get out there, make yourself heard!" This was the most difficult thing for me to do because I was always so afraid to speak up in class or even to meet new people; in reality everyone else was just as (if not more) apprehensive as me. I would tell myself to take chances on people and groups, to join anything that interests you because there's rarely any long-term obligation if it turns out not being the perfect fit. The only risk in venturing into the unknown is just that - you'll never know what life-changing event or eye-opening person you missed out on. "Don't try so hard to fit in." Everyone is different, and the more you accept your uniqueness, the more confident you'll become. Confidence radiates like sunlight, shining its rays on those around you, showing them you can be a leader and put your best foot forward. Part of being yourself is believing in yourself, knowing your limits and not being wary of what others think. You'll gain respect from your peers, family members, professors, AND from yourself by expressing your true character and giving everyone and everything a fighting chance.

There's something for everyone here at NDSU. Anyone could find that place they belong because the options are endless! From Harry Potter Club to football, from American Students of Pharmacy to the volunteer network, from living on campus to the Greek houses, there's always something to do and someone to do it with. Bonds are formed and connections are made through any and all organizations, helping create present friends and form acquaintances for the future.

My universtiy is extremely large! There's so many amazing teachers and interesting fellow students that I'll never get the opportunity to meet. I can't be afraid to talk to as many people as possible because I could miss out on great potential relationships. Everyone feels more comfortable around familiar faces, even if you don't know their names; no one likes to be alienated in a sea of unknown students and intimidating teachers.

Erica

As I look back I would have told myself that college is a bigger transition than you think. Everyone tells you that college is so much better than high school, which in parts is true. However, you are now officially an adult who is now debt because of college loans, and be prepared to empty for savings to cover the rest of your costs that your loans don?t cover. Don?t worry when you buy books for the first time and they cost a lot; it?s that way for nearly everyone. Whenever you get the chance fill out scholarships because they help out a lot. Also if you have a bad roommate the first semester; your second one will better. Yet the experience will teach you how to deal with difficult people. School will be everything you dreamed of , but it?s a bigger place than your small town high school. Don?t worry so much about pleasing others. If you feel like you?re in the wrong major change. It?s your choice, not theirs. Don?t worry, and when the world is trying to get you down, hold your head up high. You can succeed.

Any person who wants to achieve his/her dreams sould attend this collge. College requires time, commitment, and ambition. Learning here is alot of fun. It's a large school with so many different opportunities. I recommend anyone who is going into agriculture or engineering to attend this school in particular.

If you are the type of person that doesn't like big crowds, then this school may not be for you. Due to how many students are enrolled here you are a number not always a name. Also if you are going into the arts, this is not the school for you as it doesn't concentration on those areas of study as much.

Breanna

My classmates are hard working, diversified, intelligent and competitive. They know what they want and are willing to work for it, which is the same as me.

As a high school senior I had no idea how challenging and time consuming college classes would be. I would have told myself to take more time studying and learn how to study before I were to arrive at college. Time management is key. I also would have told myself to learn how to prioritze what is important to make sure that gets done before wanting to do something that is not as important. Another important key of college is getting to know your instructors and asking for help. It is much easier to earn an A as a final grade by starting off earning A's, rather than try to work your way up from a C midway through the semester. By getting to know the professors and asking for help, they know that you are willing to work hard for you grade and that you really want it.

A person who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to the task at hand. They must be able to sacrifice extra curricular activities to achieve the grades desired.

My school is place of where honesty, hardwork, and tolerance are held in high standards with regards to how it is ran and the students that attend it.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take the ACT over again to achieve a better because most scholarships are based on that instead of the GPA that you worked so hard to keep up. I would also tell myself to join more groups right away because you can have a lot of fun and meet many intresting and new people if you just go out there and give it a chance. I would also tell myself to go out and volunteer because it helps the community out very much and it can be very rewarding. Another thing I would tell him is to find other ways to socialize and make friends than parties where alcohol is involved.

Just how cold it is and how much money it is really going cost for all of my education at this college. I also wish I would have know about the poor food service facilities that they have here.

Andrea

I think our school is best known for its athletics. Our basketball, football, and volleyball teams have all done well in the past. Our school has a lot of school spirit, even if the teams dont always do the best. We take pride in our university and like to show that to everyone.

If i could travel back in time and talk to myself while i was in high school I would tell myself not to worry so much. I would say that yes college is hard but you'll make it through just fine. I would also tell myself that it will be a lot more work than high school so I should learn good study skills and to read and study ahead of the class. I would tell myself to become aquainted with as many high school teachers as possible and hope they would let me use them as references for future applications. Something that would have eased the transition and made college less stressful was to have applied for more scholarships. So I would also incourage myself to apply for as many as possible who knows what would happen I may have recieved more if I had. I would tell myself to become involved with as many things as possible during my senior year and to get some more volunteer experience, as well as tell myself to do that in college too. By being involved you meet more people and aquire more friends.

The worst thing about NDSU is that we are in finacial burden. We have spent an excessive amount of money building new buildings that may not have been necessary when so many of the existing buildings are in desperate need of repair. The dorms are very old and many things need to be fixed. Sometimes it seems like they would rather spend money on athletics than spend money to benefit all the students.

Amber

I would tell myself to work hard in high school and not spend all my hard-earned money on so many trivial things. I'd tell myself to save up that money, because I'll need it when I get to college. Having money saved up just makes life that much easier. And I'd tell myself to apply for more scholarships while I was in high school, so I wouldn't have to worry so much about college loans.

I like the variety of campus activities and campus organizations. These help make NDSU a great school, as there are plenty of ways to get to know people and feel like you're a part of the campus community, whether you live on or off campus.

I would have to say Gaming Guild of NDSU, because it's the best student organization I've ever encountered after visiting at least half a dozen colleges. It's a great community that accepts everyone, no matter who they are or what they may be interested in.

If I were to go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself the importance of keeping focused. College life is the doorway to independence. I think it?s easy for students to get side-tracked and make unscholarly decisions. Teachers will not force you to come to class, parents aren?t there to tell you to study or go to bed. You need to remember why you are enrolled there in the first place. You need to be independent and focus on your goals and remember that you?re making an investment in your future. Learn as much as you possibly can and make sure you are making friends that will help you to do so. College is so beneficial to you and you shouldn?t worry about the transition. It all comes so quickly and easily, and although the first couple of weeks might be intimidating and hard it only gets better from there. Stay positive and stay FOCUSED!

The worst thing about NDSU are the cold weather conditions! You really have to bundle up when your walking around campus.

I brag about my program in LAndscape Architecture and what good education and experience I'm getting. The second thing I brag about is our Wellness (fitness) center.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.