Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Breanna

My classmates are hard working, diversified, intelligent and competitive. They know what they want and are willing to work for it, which is the same as me.

As a high school senior I had no idea how challenging and time consuming college classes would be. I would have told myself to take more time studying and learn how to study before I were to arrive at college. Time management is key. I also would have told myself to learn how to prioritze what is important to make sure that gets done before wanting to do something that is not as important. Another important key of college is getting to know your instructors and asking for help. It is much easier to earn an A as a final grade by starting off earning A's, rather than try to work your way up from a C midway through the semester. By getting to know the professors and asking for help, they know that you are willing to work hard for you grade and that you really want it.

A person who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to the task at hand. They must be able to sacrifice extra curricular activities to achieve the grades desired.

My school is place of where honesty, hardwork, and tolerance are held in high standards with regards to how it is ran and the students that attend it.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take the ACT over again to achieve a better because most scholarships are based on that instead of the GPA that you worked so hard to keep up. I would also tell myself to join more groups right away because you can have a lot of fun and meet many intresting and new people if you just go out there and give it a chance. I would also tell myself to go out and volunteer because it helps the community out very much and it can be very rewarding. Another thing I would tell him is to find other ways to socialize and make friends than parties where alcohol is involved.

Just how cold it is and how much money it is really going cost for all of my education at this college. I also wish I would have know about the poor food service facilities that they have here.

Andrea

I think our school is best known for its athletics. Our basketball, football, and volleyball teams have all done well in the past. Our school has a lot of school spirit, even if the teams dont always do the best. We take pride in our university and like to show that to everyone.

If i could travel back in time and talk to myself while i was in high school I would tell myself not to worry so much. I would say that yes college is hard but you'll make it through just fine. I would also tell myself that it will be a lot more work than high school so I should learn good study skills and to read and study ahead of the class. I would tell myself to become aquainted with as many high school teachers as possible and hope they would let me use them as references for future applications. Something that would have eased the transition and made college less stressful was to have applied for more scholarships. So I would also incourage myself to apply for as many as possible who knows what would happen I may have recieved more if I had. I would tell myself to become involved with as many things as possible during my senior year and to get some more volunteer experience, as well as tell myself to do that in college too. By being involved you meet more people and aquire more friends.

The worst thing about NDSU is that we are in finacial burden. We have spent an excessive amount of money building new buildings that may not have been necessary when so many of the existing buildings are in desperate need of repair. The dorms are very old and many things need to be fixed. Sometimes it seems like they would rather spend money on athletics than spend money to benefit all the students.

Amber

I would tell myself to work hard in high school and not spend all my hard-earned money on so many trivial things. I'd tell myself to save up that money, because I'll need it when I get to college. Having money saved up just makes life that much easier. And I'd tell myself to apply for more scholarships while I was in high school, so I wouldn't have to worry so much about college loans.

I like the variety of campus activities and campus organizations. These help make NDSU a great school, as there are plenty of ways to get to know people and feel like you're a part of the campus community, whether you live on or off campus.

I would have to say Gaming Guild of NDSU, because it's the best student organization I've ever encountered after visiting at least half a dozen colleges. It's a great community that accepts everyone, no matter who they are or what they may be interested in.

If I were to go back in time and advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself the importance of keeping focused. College life is the doorway to independence. I think it?s easy for students to get side-tracked and make unscholarly decisions. Teachers will not force you to come to class, parents aren?t there to tell you to study or go to bed. You need to remember why you are enrolled there in the first place. You need to be independent and focus on your goals and remember that you?re making an investment in your future. Learn as much as you possibly can and make sure you are making friends that will help you to do so. College is so beneficial to you and you shouldn?t worry about the transition. It all comes so quickly and easily, and although the first couple of weeks might be intimidating and hard it only gets better from there. Stay positive and stay FOCUSED!

The worst thing about NDSU are the cold weather conditions! You really have to bundle up when your walking around campus.

I brag about my program in LAndscape Architecture and what good education and experience I'm getting. The second thing I brag about is our Wellness (fitness) center.

Laura

It is an amazing community that allows students to learn, grow, and achieve greatness while they are attending school here and the faculty and staff work hard to assist students in not only learning in the classroom but also learning about life skills.

Looking back at my transition from high school to college, I realize that, overall, the transition was quite smooth, but before long my visualizations of what I thought college woul be like, changed drastically. When I was living at home, I said I would move to college and never come home. A month after move-in I found myself on the road headed home. I never fully appreciated the comfort and warmth my childhood home held. Now, I have found myself going home about once a month to enjoy the wonderful feelings that home evokes. Having lived several hours from home helped me to fully appreciate not only home, but also my family. Now, I realize how wonderful my life is and am thankful for the loving family that I have been given. While in high school, if anyone would have told me I would go home every month, be excited when a package from home shows up in the mail, or look forward to the family visiting I would have called them insane. Therefore, I would give my high-school-self the advice to value home more while I am there becuase everything is about to change shortly.

Campus is beautiful, especially in the fall when the leaves change color and it is arranged very conveniently for almost every student.

Kevin

Classmates here are very friendly and are always willing to get into groups and help study and make sure that course work is understood and completed.

From other schools, I think this school is a more tight knit family almost. The pride that this school carries is tremendus and is something that a lot of people enjoy here. The size is just perfect, not too big but not a small town feel either.

I would make sure to take as many classes as possible in my senior year. And by that I mean varrying. In doing so you will better prepare yourself for college. There were some classes that just threw me for a loop. I would also say to make sure you know a couple people on campus. It makes the first couple weeks fun and easier. You'll always know some one on campus that you can hang out with and eat some meals with. Make sure to get involved with whatever you can on campus. Be prepared to be introduced to new things. Don't come in with a closed mind. The more open and understanding you are of everything the better your experience is.

Amy

Dear Amy, I know this is a busy time in your life as you are trying to finish high school strong and still get ready for college next year. Although you are doing a good job, don't forget to have some fun and relax. I know everyone tells you this and how fast it is going to go, but it is really true. You will really appreciate it later if you make some fun memories during your senior year. I also know that you are nervous for next year, but don't worry. Everything is going to work out fine. It may be stressful at first and you may feel all alone at times, but don't worry things will get better. Be confident in yourself and don't be ashamed to ask for help, it OK not to know everything. Stay strong and keep up the good work, it will pay off. Love, Amy

I think one of the best things about my school is that it is a dry campus. This means no alchol is allowed on campus. I appreciate this rule and I think it helps keep the campus a safer place.

I would have to say the worst thing about my school is walking outside is the winter. I wish the parking lot could be more centralized and that more of the buildings could be connected by skywalks or something.

In the large classrooms my classmates are more quite and are not as friendly, but in my small classes people interact more and you get to meet new people which is always a plus!

I would tell myself, " Amanda, don't listen to what everyone else says about having plenty of time to pick a major. Yes, you do have time but once you get into college it is even more overwhelming to try to pick one then when you are in high school. Also at the beginning talk to everyone, you need to make connections and get involved to make the transition easier. Oh, and another thing I honestly don't recommend that you start dating anyone before you go to college if they plan on staying in your hometown and you plan on leaveing because it just adds stress and confusion to starting your new life and it may ruin your friendship that you had before you started to date. Finally, have fun and be yourself, if people don't like you it's their loss and you will find wonderful people like you to be friends with."

The worst thing would have to be that there are to many opportunities to do things or become involved in that I want to do so many but don't have enough time or money to be in as much as I would like.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.