Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Jaime

This school has a great campus with many amenities offered. They are great when it comes to distance education and assisting their students to achieve maximum potential for success. The professors and advisors that I have met so far are very kind and will make time in their busy schedules to help you out when you need it.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay strong and focused because the hardest of times are yet to come. I would explain that college life gives you so many opportunities to make something of yourself and if you follow your dreams and shoot for the stars, you can do anything you put your mind to. Just as the saying goes, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams!" I attended a 2-year college already and I have never been so proud of myself as the day I graduated with honors and received my Associate in Applied Science Degree in Practical Nursing. I now plan to receive my RN Bachelor's Degree. Therefore, another thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior is, "Go to college and make yourself and your family proud and don't give up when times get hard!"

If a person is not fully commited to applying their knowledge to achieve their goal of success, they should not attend this school. It is an honor to be accepted to such a great university so I do not recommend attending if you are not going to focus and try hard to reach your goals.

Rob

I would tell myself not to underestimate the degree of difficulyt of college. The best way to succeed is to start studying early and study often. Don't fall behind on homework or put it off until the last minute. Get to know your professors and the whole experience will be much more enjoyable and rewarding. Also, get involved with student organizations, it will help you with your courses as well as help you professionally. WORK HARD, its worth it!

Anybody and everybody can attend NDSU. It is a great environment. I feel that the school is very accepting.

The winters are very cold with lots of snow, so some times the parking lots don't get cleared out as quickly as need be. This is an issue, but I feel the school does its best job possible.

Randi

Do the homework and stay focused. The beter you do in your classes the easier it will be to get financal aid and the sooner you'll graduate.

The staff is very friendly and generally want what's best for you. They will help you when you need help.

someone who is used to and likes big citys and lots of people.

Angela

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to slow down and be patient. I would tell myself to work hard and enjoy the time that you have, and that eventually everything will fall into place and be what it should -- as long as you work towards a goal and never give up on that goal. That sound cliche, but it isn't. I was in college for the first time 15 years ago and finished my Associate's degree, even though I was 7 months pregnant. I'm finally going to get to finish my Bachelor's degree, because I continued to believe and work towards that goal. So, I would tell myself not to rush into the things that you think will never come around again, but to take everything in it's own time.

NDSU allows students to continue their education, either on campus or off. And, the professors are very helpful.

Anyone that has a career goal in mind, or anyone that is just wanting to improve themselves.

Liliana

Focus on ur gols one hundred percent, have fun and enjoy while keeping up with everything in school. Finish school before anything else because later on in life it will be alot more dificult, reallice the oppotunities that we have rigth now that we will not have later on. Most of all know what u want to do and love, so u can be passionate on your work industry when time comes. Love what u do and do not ever under estimate your self or anyone else.

Brandi

agriculture programs and business programs

agriculture programs and business programs

College is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be; in high school everyone made the transition to college a HUGE deal and made it seem like it would be extremely difficult. In reality, I adjusted to college very quickly. College also turned out to be much easier than I had expected; I still have to work hard for my grades but I was not expecting to be able to maintain a 4.00 GPA when I started college (so far, so good!). If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to "RELAX!!" and to not panic because college is not impossible; it is completely manageable and is the best time of your life once you adjust.

the president spends too much money on unneccessary things

Sami

North Dakota State University prides itself on academically focused programs and students and strives to educate students in order to competitively place them in the job market.

Education is and has always been a huge aspect of my life that I don't take for granted. In high school I strived to be a great student for personal benefit in life. From freshman year to senior year I was the student actively involved in clubs and in sports year-round. As a senior, I enrolled in advanced placement classes on top of an already challenging schedule. This type of busy lifestyle has been my best friend and also my foe. I have met some of my best friends through my involement and shared countless memories that will never ever be forgotten. As a current college student, I have met many friends whom I truely care about and am very fortunate to have met, but for myself and my home town friends there will always be that connection between us that we have shared since kindergarten. College has taught me that it is important to excel in school, but most importantly to appreciate the people around me. If I could tell my high school senior self one thing it would be to slow down and strengthen bonds with the people that make a difference in my life.

I wish I would have known how much I would enjoy college and college life at NDSU, because then my decision to attend NDSU would have been a lot easier and less stressful.

Eric

Do not allow the college to take advantage of your money.

Do not allow the college to take advantage of your money.

I really like the dorm at which I am living. It is clean and has a lot of space.

I really felt ripped off when it came to paying for books and other expenses. They sell the books at a certain price and buy them back for about a tenth of what they were sold for. Then they sell them for the same price as they did before. Also, they conveniently lost an email I sent them about canceling a meal plan. I ended up having to pay a $50 late cancellation fee. The professors do not answer emails either, especially when I'm trying to find information about future classes I want to enroll in.

Allison

I would go back in time and tell myself two things before I entered the college life. The first piece of advice would be to appreciate everything that my parents do for me. I didn't realize how much I depend on their support until I was on my own at NDSU. They are only a phone call away, but it is not the same as having them there everyday. My next piece of advice would be to fill out as many scholarships as possible because it will be well worth it. I didn't fill out any scholarships my senior year of high school because I didn't know for sure if I was going to attend college right away or not. By the time I decided to attend NDSU all the scholarships already had their deadlines. After finishing my first semester at college I now realize how big of a help scholarships can be and how greatly they are appreciated. These are two very important things I would let my past high school self know about the transition to college life.

The best thing about my school is all the different programs that my school has to offer. There are alot of great oppertunities and advantages to going to a large school like NDSU. I feel like there is a program for everyone and you can succeed at anything you do there.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the cost. Its not very cheap so its not a school that anyone can attend. Although, the advantage is that the tuition is used to make our campus a great place and provides us with alot of great resources.

Ashlie

My classmates here at NDSU are full of life, inspired by their surroundings, dedicated to their schoolwork, and very focused on their passion and dreams.

Dear Ashlie, You are now a high school senior and college is not far away. It's been a long ride in your education so far-the friends, the transitions, and the fun-but trust me the best is yet to be. Here's some advice I think you should take in mind before your adventure. Number One: Let it all go. Let go of any insecurities and fears. Don't be afraid to go out there and give it your all, because in doing so you are going to meet some truly amazing people. Number Two: Be yourself. Don't let anyone change who you are. Don't drink when you feel it's not what you want to do. There are so many other ways to go out there and make friends. And trust me, those friends will like you for you. Number Three: Work hard and don't give up. College seems really hard at first-the classes, the tests, and the material. Just try hard, study study study, and ask for help. So Ashlie, I know you can do this. College is what you make it. So make it the experience it deserves. Love, College Ashlie :)

North Dakota winters can be rough. Walking to class with windchills below zero isn't always fun, and I do wish we had more "underground tunnels" to avoid the cold. I would have to say this aspect of NDSU would have to be the worst.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.