Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

In the large classrooms my classmates are more quite and are not as friendly, but in my small classes people interact more and you get to meet new people which is always a plus!

I would tell myself, " Amanda, don't listen to what everyone else says about having plenty of time to pick a major. Yes, you do have time but once you get into college it is even more overwhelming to try to pick one then when you are in high school. Also at the beginning talk to everyone, you need to make connections and get involved to make the transition easier. Oh, and another thing I honestly don't recommend that you start dating anyone before you go to college if they plan on staying in your hometown and you plan on leaveing because it just adds stress and confusion to starting your new life and it may ruin your friendship that you had before you started to date. Finally, have fun and be yourself, if people don't like you it's their loss and you will find wonderful people like you to be friends with."

The worst thing would have to be that there are to many opportunities to do things or become involved in that I want to do so many but don't have enough time or money to be in as much as I would like.

Michelle

A fun place to explore new things and figure out who you want to be.

A fun place to explore new things and figure out who you want to be.

We are known for our sports mostly. We are also known for specific fields that NDSU specializes in. For example, Agriculture, architecture, and engineering.

I would probably warn myself of the things that i tried doing that i ended up not finishing. I feel as though i wasted a lot of time and money trying to figure out what i wanted to do.

Jenna

There are so many words to describe the classmates I have met so far including friendly, ambitious, helpful, and easy to reach out to.

The first thing I would tell my high school senior self is to stay eternally positive. Being a positive person not only keeps your own attitude upbeat, but draws others to you. I think for most college freshmen there comes a time when you feel down, alone, and lost. You are in a new place, everything is unfamiliar, and you are away from your friends, family, and everything else that you are used to. But you get through it, and soon things look up. If you give in and give up during the hard times, you aren't giving yourself the chance to turn things around. Instead, you need to stay positive and trust that soon enough you will adjust, learn how to function in the new place, and make awesome friends. Don't let yourself fall short of being happy.

There is absolutely no one who cannot fit in here at NDSU. There are so many people with every kind of personality, ethnicity, and religion. Of course, the best way to ensure you fit in is to be friendly and laid back. Don't sweat the small stuff, try not to judge others, and don't be scared to talk to the person sitting next to you. Even after only one semester here, I have friends in almost every class. As long as you make a small effort, people here are very easy to reach out to. :)

North Dakota State University is diverse, welcoming, and highly regarded for their education.

As a sophomore in college, I feel I have not found the right path in college quite yet. As a high school senior I thought it would be easy to find myself. So many students around me know exacltly what they want to do in life. But I am lost. I have accomplished declaring my major in Apparel and Textiles and Business Management. In the beginning as a freshman, I was confused and overwhelmed by all the choices offered. There are so many careers to choose from, it seems almost impossible to know what path is right for you. If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior I would say this. Do not be afraid of taking risks. Put yourself out there and hope for the best. Once you start to take chances, you find yourself and what works for you. Never be anyone but yourself and you will succeed in life. Now that I understand what it takes to be successful in college, nothing can stop me from success.

North Dakota State University has a variety of resources and the entire staff is committed to helping the students attending the institution. The best part about NDSU are the professors in both the programs I am enrolled in. Every professor I have had strive to push their students to success. It creates determination and feuls my ambition to do well in school. Not only are the professors great resources for the classroom, but for life as well. I go to them to seek advice on friendships, financial problems, and ways to succeed. Their knowledge is a vessel.

Matthew

North Dakota State University is a prestigious institution dedicated to the development of all students in their persuit of: Science, Health, Agriculture, Mathamatics, Art, Engineering, Archetecture or Education studies.

I would advise my self to apply for only non-local scholorships since university supported scholorships are less selective and easier to obtain.

Although I enjoy the academic opportunities at North Dakota State University, I don't appreciate the cold weather or the sluggish road construction.

Jaime

This school has a great campus with many amenities offered. They are great when it comes to distance education and assisting their students to achieve maximum potential for success. The professors and advisors that I have met so far are very kind and will make time in their busy schedules to help you out when you need it.

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay strong and focused because the hardest of times are yet to come. I would explain that college life gives you so many opportunities to make something of yourself and if you follow your dreams and shoot for the stars, you can do anything you put your mind to. Just as the saying goes, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams!" I attended a 2-year college already and I have never been so proud of myself as the day I graduated with honors and received my Associate in Applied Science Degree in Practical Nursing. I now plan to receive my RN Bachelor's Degree. Therefore, another thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior is, "Go to college and make yourself and your family proud and don't give up when times get hard!"

If a person is not fully commited to applying their knowledge to achieve their goal of success, they should not attend this school. It is an honor to be accepted to such a great university so I do not recommend attending if you are not going to focus and try hard to reach your goals.

Rob

I would tell myself not to underestimate the degree of difficulyt of college. The best way to succeed is to start studying early and study often. Don't fall behind on homework or put it off until the last minute. Get to know your professors and the whole experience will be much more enjoyable and rewarding. Also, get involved with student organizations, it will help you with your courses as well as help you professionally. WORK HARD, its worth it!

Anybody and everybody can attend NDSU. It is a great environment. I feel that the school is very accepting.

The winters are very cold with lots of snow, so some times the parking lots don't get cleared out as quickly as need be. This is an issue, but I feel the school does its best job possible.

Randi

Do the homework and stay focused. The beter you do in your classes the easier it will be to get financal aid and the sooner you'll graduate.

The staff is very friendly and generally want what's best for you. They will help you when you need help.

someone who is used to and likes big citys and lots of people.

Angela

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to slow down and be patient. I would tell myself to work hard and enjoy the time that you have, and that eventually everything will fall into place and be what it should -- as long as you work towards a goal and never give up on that goal. That sound cliche, but it isn't. I was in college for the first time 15 years ago and finished my Associate's degree, even though I was 7 months pregnant. I'm finally going to get to finish my Bachelor's degree, because I continued to believe and work towards that goal. So, I would tell myself not to rush into the things that you think will never come around again, but to take everything in it's own time.

NDSU allows students to continue their education, either on campus or off. And, the professors are very helpful.

Anyone that has a career goal in mind, or anyone that is just wanting to improve themselves.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.