Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Liliana

Focus on ur gols one hundred percent, have fun and enjoy while keeping up with everything in school. Finish school before anything else because later on in life it will be alot more dificult, reallice the oppotunities that we have rigth now that we will not have later on. Most of all know what u want to do and love, so u can be passionate on your work industry when time comes. Love what u do and do not ever under estimate your self or anyone else.

Brandi

agriculture programs and business programs

agriculture programs and business programs

College is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be; in high school everyone made the transition to college a HUGE deal and made it seem like it would be extremely difficult. In reality, I adjusted to college very quickly. College also turned out to be much easier than I had expected; I still have to work hard for my grades but I was not expecting to be able to maintain a 4.00 GPA when I started college (so far, so good!). If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to "RELAX!!" and to not panic because college is not impossible; it is completely manageable and is the best time of your life once you adjust.

the president spends too much money on unneccessary things

Sami

North Dakota State University prides itself on academically focused programs and students and strives to educate students in order to competitively place them in the job market.

Education is and has always been a huge aspect of my life that I don't take for granted. In high school I strived to be a great student for personal benefit in life. From freshman year to senior year I was the student actively involved in clubs and in sports year-round. As a senior, I enrolled in advanced placement classes on top of an already challenging schedule. This type of busy lifestyle has been my best friend and also my foe. I have met some of my best friends through my involement and shared countless memories that will never ever be forgotten. As a current college student, I have met many friends whom I truely care about and am very fortunate to have met, but for myself and my home town friends there will always be that connection between us that we have shared since kindergarten. College has taught me that it is important to excel in school, but most importantly to appreciate the people around me. If I could tell my high school senior self one thing it would be to slow down and strengthen bonds with the people that make a difference in my life.

I wish I would have known how much I would enjoy college and college life at NDSU, because then my decision to attend NDSU would have been a lot easier and less stressful.

Eric

Do not allow the college to take advantage of your money.

Do not allow the college to take advantage of your money.

I really like the dorm at which I am living. It is clean and has a lot of space.

I really felt ripped off when it came to paying for books and other expenses. They sell the books at a certain price and buy them back for about a tenth of what they were sold for. Then they sell them for the same price as they did before. Also, they conveniently lost an email I sent them about canceling a meal plan. I ended up having to pay a $50 late cancellation fee. The professors do not answer emails either, especially when I'm trying to find information about future classes I want to enroll in.

Allison

I would go back in time and tell myself two things before I entered the college life. The first piece of advice would be to appreciate everything that my parents do for me. I didn't realize how much I depend on their support until I was on my own at NDSU. They are only a phone call away, but it is not the same as having them there everyday. My next piece of advice would be to fill out as many scholarships as possible because it will be well worth it. I didn't fill out any scholarships my senior year of high school because I didn't know for sure if I was going to attend college right away or not. By the time I decided to attend NDSU all the scholarships already had their deadlines. After finishing my first semester at college I now realize how big of a help scholarships can be and how greatly they are appreciated. These are two very important things I would let my past high school self know about the transition to college life.

The best thing about my school is all the different programs that my school has to offer. There are alot of great oppertunities and advantages to going to a large school like NDSU. I feel like there is a program for everyone and you can succeed at anything you do there.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the cost. Its not very cheap so its not a school that anyone can attend. Although, the advantage is that the tuition is used to make our campus a great place and provides us with alot of great resources.

Ashlie

My classmates here at NDSU are full of life, inspired by their surroundings, dedicated to their schoolwork, and very focused on their passion and dreams.

Dear Ashlie, You are now a high school senior and college is not far away. It's been a long ride in your education so far-the friends, the transitions, and the fun-but trust me the best is yet to be. Here's some advice I think you should take in mind before your adventure. Number One: Let it all go. Let go of any insecurities and fears. Don't be afraid to go out there and give it your all, because in doing so you are going to meet some truly amazing people. Number Two: Be yourself. Don't let anyone change who you are. Don't drink when you feel it's not what you want to do. There are so many other ways to go out there and make friends. And trust me, those friends will like you for you. Number Three: Work hard and don't give up. College seems really hard at first-the classes, the tests, and the material. Just try hard, study study study, and ask for help. So Ashlie, I know you can do this. College is what you make it. So make it the experience it deserves. Love, College Ashlie :)

North Dakota winters can be rough. Walking to class with windchills below zero isn't always fun, and I do wish we had more "underground tunnels" to avoid the cold. I would have to say this aspect of NDSU would have to be the worst.

Matt

My major is architecture, and at NDSU they have a five year master's program. The program is shorter, but it's more compact. With the five year program, you bypass the bachelor's degree, and go straight for the master's.

As a high school senior, I felt as if I was under a immense amount of pressure to make sure I was accepted into college and that I recieved scholarships. However, now that I am in college, I have looked back on those days in highschool and realized that everyone makes such a huge deal about it. College is indeed an important thing, but it doesn't help worry excessively about it.

Almost anyone can attend NDSU, but most cannot get into the architectural college. Only the top 53 students are accepted into the program, and usually you need a 3.5 grade point average to be accepted. You need to be extremely dedicated to be in the program, the projects are very time consuming and challenging. To do well as an architecture students, you have to be passionate about the subject.

Thomas

NDSU is best known for football, agriculture, engineering, and architecture.

NDSU is best known for football, agriculture, engineering, and architecture.

Start looking into college at least by a sophomore. Make sure you look into scholarships and be open to what colleges you want to go to. Consider location, costs, and program availability when looking at colleges.

Don't attend NDSU if you are not a driven student. It may be a small school in the middle of nowhere, but it is still very tough and the teachers expect a lot out of the students.

Natasha

The most unique thing about NDSU rather than other schools is that you are able to get the small-town feel while living in the city. Fargo is a nice community and there is not as much crime as in bigger cities. Also, people up here are very nice; the most common term for people up here is "Minnesota or North Dakota nice". People who are not from around here always comment on how friendly people are here and if you need anything there is always someone to help, all you have to do is just ask.

I would tell myself that it is best to find a school that you feel most comfortable at. It isn't always the best idea to go to the school in the big city just to get away from home. Trust your gut instinct and chose the college that you feel makes you happy. However, make sure you tour as many colleges as you can because you won't know what you are looking for until you have other options to compare it to. Also, take your time deciding on what school is best for you. This is where you are going to be for the next four years of your life at least. Make sure that the school you chose is able to serve all of your needs and not just some of them. There is a school that is right for everyone even though it might not be the same school as your best friend. This is your time to focus on yourself and what you want to do with your life, not what your friends are going to do with their lives.

NDSU is best known for many things. It is hard to chose just a couple, but if you are into sports we have an excellent sports program for men and women and a new wellness facility located on campus. NDSU is also known for a couple of major programs such as engineering and agriculture. However, it doesn't matter what you chose to come to NDSU for because you will be able to find the major you want with extra-curricular activities that you will enjoy.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.