Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Matt

My major is architecture, and at NDSU they have a five year master's program. The program is shorter, but it's more compact. With the five year program, you bypass the bachelor's degree, and go straight for the master's.

As a high school senior, I felt as if I was under a immense amount of pressure to make sure I was accepted into college and that I recieved scholarships. However, now that I am in college, I have looked back on those days in highschool and realized that everyone makes such a huge deal about it. College is indeed an important thing, but it doesn't help worry excessively about it.

Almost anyone can attend NDSU, but most cannot get into the architectural college. Only the top 53 students are accepted into the program, and usually you need a 3.5 grade point average to be accepted. You need to be extremely dedicated to be in the program, the projects are very time consuming and challenging. To do well as an architecture students, you have to be passionate about the subject.

Thomas

NDSU is best known for football, agriculture, engineering, and architecture.

NDSU is best known for football, agriculture, engineering, and architecture.

Start looking into college at least by a sophomore. Make sure you look into scholarships and be open to what colleges you want to go to. Consider location, costs, and program availability when looking at colleges.

Don't attend NDSU if you are not a driven student. It may be a small school in the middle of nowhere, but it is still very tough and the teachers expect a lot out of the students.

Natasha

NDSU is best known for many things. It is hard to chose just a couple, but if you are into sports we have an excellent sports program for men and women and a new wellness facility located on campus. NDSU is also known for a couple of major programs such as engineering and agriculture. However, it doesn't matter what you chose to come to NDSU for because you will be able to find the major you want with extra-curricular activities that you will enjoy.

The most unique thing about NDSU rather than other schools is that you are able to get the small-town feel while living in the city. Fargo is a nice community and there is not as much crime as in bigger cities. Also, people up here are very nice; the most common term for people up here is "Minnesota or North Dakota nice". People who are not from around here always comment on how friendly people are here and if you need anything there is always someone to help, all you have to do is just ask.

I would tell myself that it is best to find a school that you feel most comfortable at. It isn't always the best idea to go to the school in the big city just to get away from home. Trust your gut instinct and chose the college that you feel makes you happy. However, make sure you tour as many colleges as you can because you won't know what you are looking for until you have other options to compare it to. Also, take your time deciding on what school is best for you. This is where you are going to be for the next four years of your life at least. Make sure that the school you chose is able to serve all of your needs and not just some of them. There is a school that is right for everyone even though it might not be the same school as your best friend. This is your time to focus on yourself and what you want to do with your life, not what your friends are going to do with their lives.

Maggie

NDSU is more agriculturally based which makes it different from other schools. If you are looking for a career with animals or crops, NDSU is the school for you!

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is going to be a lot harder than you thought. Studying the material everyday instead of the night before the test is an absolute MUST! I would also tell myself that you are not the smartest kid in your class anymore... there are a ton of kids here that are smarter than you and harder workers than you. I would tell myself that this is okay, but you have to step up your game and work and study that much harder!

I like the challege of the classes. Most professors are really nice and make themselves available outside of class for help. They will also go above and beyond to explain the material more in depth if you don't understand something! I also like how the campus is clustered close together... its less farther to walk to class!

Alyssa

NDSU has a great atmosphere. Although there are over 13,000 students, it still feels like a tight-knit environment. I love my campus and have become very loyal to it. Also, we have a great athletics program. The students are loyal fans and show a lot of support. NDSU offers many different activities to do for free on campus. So, this helps students save money while still being able to have a good time with friends. I am a student employee here too. I have personally seen how much the departments go out of their way to help.

I would tell myself to research more. I felt like I was not very aware of the different choices I had. Actually, I remember asking my counselors office to help me, but never recieved a straight forward answer. Also, I never took a campus tour. I highly recommend this. A person can get a feel for the campus and also learn a lot of helpful tips along the way. The dorms are also a very great experience. Even though it might seem like you're paying a lot in room/board, the experience you get is worth it. A student can make lifelong friendships this way. Overall, I recommend that a student research as much as he/she can... and apply for as many scholarships as possible. After senior year of high school, there aren't many to apply for.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the downtown campus. Business, Art, and Architecture students are required to go downtown for all of their classes. This is very frustrating because students can feel disconnected from the university. However, the buildings are newly renovated and very nice. Also, buses run constantly to transport students from the main campus to downtown buildings.

Carly

For the most part, they are very open to studying together and helpful with notes or studying.

It is a bigger school but still not huge. It has massive amounts of activities and there is ALWAYS something going on around campus.

You will make the best friends you could ever find and although it may get tough from time to time, you will be more blessed than you could ever imagine.

Jeremiah

To relinquish my existing self image, I catechize the absolute meaning behind myself. I would express, "That which you shall take upon yourself as your career should sustain and bring absolute joy to that which you hold most sacred. What you do through College must become the most important component within your life--something you will experience and fancy forever. Ask yourself, what three componential attributes describe the physical embodiment that controls every aspect of your existence? What do these three pieces foster to suit your needs?" I would continue to answer this question, "Design, creation and problem solving." Once understood I would then articulate, "The field you follow will consume your life simply due to your love for it--so work till you burn within and redesign the future. College life gives less heart aches than that from movie imagery. Social situations will arise; making new friends comes quite easy within your field of study. So bear up, become ready and exude your very soul which remains within. This change is for the better; life only becomes more complex as your continue through the tunnel towards ethereal light exhibiting itself at the end. Enjoy your time spent and prevail."

I find the weather a bit unpredictable and rather cold. Though it does not lend to much disatifaction within itself, it can be somewhat annoying with the heavy wind. Aside from the weather, the schools does not offer much space to sit and study outside from class and study rooms within the dorms.

The culteral phenomenon of study within Architecture fully aknoledges the abilities and scheduled disipline you must have to continue on the path towards success. Within Architecture, the time spent truly shows your skills, power, and merit--It equals the many hundreds of hours spent to become the best.

Kimberly

Being with people that have the same interests makes going to class easier because we all have something in common and can openly talk to each other.

Go to a four year university straight out of high school. Going to a two year and then transferring may set you back on your coursework. Don't be shy, your roommates will be your family while you are away from home.... and make the most of the experience.

A lot of the buildings need to be renovated because they are so outdated and some of the equipment in the labs does not work properly.

Ashli

My classmates can be described as a well rounded group of unique individuals all seeking new knowledge through advancing their education.

My school is unique because of its close proximity to my home and communicy I was raised in.

If I were able to go back to my senior year of high school , I would give myself the most important advise I have learned since being in college of needing to "just be yourself" and "strive for academic success". High school is just a small piece of the big puzzle called life. Unfortunately, too often teenagers place more importance on what clothes they wear and what group they belong to vs concentrating on what is important once on their own. These all too important social aspects of high school , are soon lost in the mutlicultural aspects of college life. While in college you are thrust into an environment of people from diverse backgrounds. What matters now is not who you know, not what you wear, but rather what you know. High school students need to concentrate on what they are learning, what they can do for their community, and where they will be able to best use this knowledge vs who they know, what they wear, and where the next social event will be held. Academic performance is the key to unlocking the world around you.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.