Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

First the student and parents need to visit multiple colleges, view there ciricculum and choices for classes. Then decide on the school that best fits the students needs and wants. The student should decide on what they want not what the parents want. If the school is out of budget have the student apply for scholarships or grants so he or she can go to that school if its the school they prefer.

Cameron

Some students work hard; others like to party. You pick who you like.

Some students work hard; others like to party. You pick who you like.

This school is best known for its engineering and pharmacy programs

The first thing you want to do before picking a college is to pick an area of study or field that interests you, and go with that. Then you can begin your search of what schools have good programs. After that, just pick a school that fits your personality. I wanted that wasn't too big, but wasn't too small either. Scholarships help make a decision too. The best thing to do is apply early.

Rebecca

At this school we have so many opportunities to meet people and join clubs, and the majority of them are free. We have a free bus service, free dance club in our union and free clubs around campus. They seem to recognize that we are club students living on our own, so they don't add extra fees to our tuition.

Dear Parents and students, Choosing a college is the most diffcult descision one can make, but having made the choice myself I have one peice of advice. Choose one and stick to it with no regrets. This is because no matter where you go you will get an education, make friends, and miss home. But if you go to a school YOU have choosen than it can become your home. The saying "home is where you are" is the best way to describe it. I have made my school into my home and my friends into my family and I believe that no matter what school I picked I would have had a family and home and that has made all of the difference. Sincerely, A Happy College Student

The kind of person who should attend this school should be driven. Here it is important to be your own person. Whether it is venturing out to meet people or getting a question answered you need to be able to be independant enough to get things done yourself.

Lindsey

North Dakota State University is a campus on which a diverse student body works hard and excels both academically and socially while maintaining a strong pride for the Bison.

I would advise students and parents to be open-minded about options for college. Check out as many campuses as possible and be sure to research available majors and minors offered as well as extra-curriculars and organizations available. I believe in many situations, such as college, what you put into it is what you will get out of it. By studying hard academic acheivement can be accomplished, by joining organizations and activites social success will be found, and by volunteering philanthropic experience will be gained. By acheiving these, I believe a student will become a more rounded individual. Most importantly I do advise that academics come first, but it is up to the student to overcome the challege to balance everything to which this reward is invaluable.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known more about the extra-curriculars and organizations offered. If I would have known more I would have been more eager to get involved sooner. Instead I only joined organizations within my major, but later in my freshman year I became more involved in other organizations and activities.

Andrew

I would use some internet lists to find the best college for what you're going into

people who want a really good math/science/engineering/architecture education

people who want a really good art education

Katie

Try to know somewhat of what kind of major you want and make sure the school has that and other majors close to that.

Aaron

I don't believe that NDSU stands out specifically in any one area.

I don't believe that NDSU stands out specifically in any one area.

NDSU and the city of Fargo, ND offer almost everything a large school and city has, without being too big or too small. It is perfectly sised, but still very diverse.

NDSU offers everything expected of a large university, without being overwhelmingly large. It is safe and diverse, with plenty to keep a student busy in freetime, without being distracting.

Peter

Let the student decide what they want, if the parent does the deciding the student will not be on the right path.

The student have a voice and the administration listens to it and does what it can to ensure student wants are attained.

Anyone that wants a good education and a good social expereince.

Abram

The most important thing when choosing a college is the value of the education you will receive. Most schools will allow you to learn more than you could dream if you just apply yourself; higher cost doesn't necessarily mean a better education. The real secret to success at college is becoming involved with student organizations. Once you reach college, find a club that interests you and become involved with it - that's where the real opportunities lay. You will be surprised what you can learn and what you can accomplish if you put yourself out there and show people what you can offer.

Ability to get involved.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.