Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

My classmates are very friendly, outgoing, and fun to be around.

My classmates are very friendly, outgoing, and fun to be around.

NDSU is best known for the agricultural and engineering program as well as their football team.

I guess I would say it depends on your major. I learned that you always want to apply for your number one college institution that you want to go and at least two more back-up schools. That way if you don't get in you will have somewhere else to go. It's easier to get into a harder school by transfering there oppossed to going there straight out of high school. If you aren't accepted the first time try your second choice and then try tranfering after a semester or two. Another helpful tip is to make sure you get a tour of the campus first before accepting it as your college, that way you get a feel for it before you end up being stuck there and not likeing it. The best advice I can give is to do some research about your major to find where the best affordable institutions are and see if they fit your lifestyle and go for it. Anything can happen if you put your mind to it!

Alex

the wellness center is awesome. I really like how it is layed out, its a rectangle and nothing not on campus is in it and nothing on campus is off it. there isn't a persons house in the middle of campus that really isn't on campus.

I would check the university's accredibility, their success rate of graduates finding jobs after graduation. The total package that comes with the college, (what everyone in general thinks about the school). How much has tuition risen in the last few years. The past enrollment, has it been up or down, steady in one direction. what is the universities plans for the future. Do they have what you need to become successful in whatever field you are interseted it, do they have a secondary field you would also like to go into, if you end up not liking your first choice. Things like that. Last thing, visit the campus and think 4 years down the road and go with your gut feeling. Good luck.

I don't have much to say that frustrates me about the school in general. I do think it is a bunch of crap however that to judge the quality of the university is based on how friendly to minorities they are, how diverse the programs are, how diverse the teachers are, how accepting of minorities everyone is, blah blah fn' blah. but thats every thing now days not necesarliy to ndsu in general.

My advice would be to go to the college that feels most comfortable dont strech your wings to far.

Are football team and architure programs also much much more

The lack of tunnels because we live in a colder climate it would help.

Danielle

NDSU is a great place to live and learn. It's small enough to feel like home, but big enough that there is lots to do!

When making your decision, pick the place that feels most like home. College is not just a place to learn, but it will be your home for the next few months/years. If you don't feel comfortable then you won't be successful.

You can get anywhere on campus is 10 minutes or less

Danielle

Community atmosphere with friendly and fun filled people walk the campus on a day to day basis.

Choosing the right college can be a difficult process, but you should choose a college that you can see yourself on day after day. Not only that but it should hold some qualities that match your interests. The only way one can make the most of their college experience, in my mind, is by having fun. It is true that you are here to learn and go to class, but one should also get out and experience eveything that the campus has to offer them. You will learn things that you would never be able to learn in a classroom. You will make friends that will last forever and will have many memories to look back on. College is said to be the best years of your life, why not take advantage of everything it has to offer you?

Anyone should attend NDSU especially if you love being involved.

Haley

Don't forget about the future. No matter what your/your child's interests are now, you/they are bound to change your/their mind. Remember that a college is more than just an education.

Someone who is ready to learn. Someone outgoing.

All the friends I've made and my acceleration of my education.

Sara

They all seem interested in learning and focused on their future careers.

They all seem interested in learning and focused on their future careers.

I think that a student should choose a school that is going to challenge them and help them achieve everything they want academically. Don't be discouraged if you cannot decide on a major right away. Just take some time and try to figure out what it is that you really love and go with it. I also think joining clubs on campus is a great way to meet friends and get to know new people. College is about learning and growing as a person and is a great opportunity.

I really enjoy that the campus is not too big, yet not too small. It has both big lecture classes and also smaller classes that are more one-on-one. I enjoy the feeling of school spirit from my fellow students as well.

Laura

North Dakota State University is a fun, diverse college where students can grow academically and develop into tomorrow's leaders.

Meeting fun people, challenging yourself acadmecially, learning about yourself, being a member of a community, revealing your leadership skills. If these sound like qualities you wish to posses, then you need to decide what it is that you want from your college. For me, it was going to a college that was just big enough that not everyone knew your name, but not so big that you became student number 9,786,457. I wanted a college with several different organizations to become involved with. I wanted to go to a place that had conservative political views and a friendly atmosphere. The only way you can figure out what different colleges have to offer is by visiting them. Tour different colleges! That is the best decision you can make when narrowing your options. If you do that, you will certainly choose a place that will allow you to make the most of your college experience.

The class sizes can be so large that you do not get to interact with your classmates and professors. Those interactions can teach students many new things and I wish that my college would encourage more group discussion in the large lecture classes.

Leigh

Football, Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture

Football, Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture

If you are trying to get away from hicks and farm people, don't go to NDSU because the majority of students are from rural areas.

That North Dakota has a lot of money in its budget for schools, so NDSU has a nice campus and some nice facilities.

Andrea

As a recent college graduate, I find myself looking back at college with extreme pride. I was not able to afford college, so I worked full time while taking out student loans. It took me 7 years to complete college, however, picking the right school had a lot to do with my success. I searched many colleges and found that the college I attended was concerned about my future success and well-being. Everyone, from professors to the janitor, helped me achieve my success by caring beyond their "job description" and making me the best person I could be. As for making the most of the college experience, that comes from within yourself. You need to be able to make choices and prioritize your academics along with taking time for yourself and others. I would make a schedule for homework and studying, but would also make a timeslot for checking out local movies, hanging out with friends and trying new things such as campus activites and volunteering. I learned a lot about myself during college by making myself well-rounded and involved in numerous activities. I miss it all so much that I am now in Graduate School!

It is cold in North Dakota, so walking across the big campus can be a bummer!

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.