Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Leigh

Football, Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture

Football, Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture

If you are trying to get away from hicks and farm people, don't go to NDSU because the majority of students are from rural areas.

That North Dakota has a lot of money in its budget for schools, so NDSU has a nice campus and some nice facilities.

Andrea

As a recent college graduate, I find myself looking back at college with extreme pride. I was not able to afford college, so I worked full time while taking out student loans. It took me 7 years to complete college, however, picking the right school had a lot to do with my success. I searched many colleges and found that the college I attended was concerned about my future success and well-being. Everyone, from professors to the janitor, helped me achieve my success by caring beyond their "job description" and making me the best person I could be. As for making the most of the college experience, that comes from within yourself. You need to be able to make choices and prioritize your academics along with taking time for yourself and others. I would make a schedule for homework and studying, but would also make a timeslot for checking out local movies, hanging out with friends and trying new things such as campus activites and volunteering. I learned a lot about myself during college by making myself well-rounded and involved in numerous activities. I miss it all so much that I am now in Graduate School!

It is cold in North Dakota, so walking across the big campus can be a bummer!

Lucas

As a non-traditional student I do not have much interaction with my classmates, but for the most part they seem to be motivated and focused students who exhibit a great deal of school spirit.

There are several extremely important things to consider when selecting a college. While overall reputation or name recognition may be important to an individual, that won't be of benefit if the discipline that caters to their academic desires or abilities is not available. Students should search for a college that offers what they want academically and a faculty that is knowledgable and passionate about what they are teaching. If undecided on a course of study, look for a school that offers a broad range of courses, and is willing to work with the student via guidance counseling, strong advisorship and that has a willingness to keep track of student progress while providing assistance in finding a personally and academically rewarding match in terms of degree or certification. Additionally, keep in mind finances when selecting a school. There are enough challenges while in school that one should not have to worry that they may have to drop out due to financial complications. Prospective students should meet with the school's financial aid office to see what is available for them, and should never assume that one can only receive an excellent education at the most expensive of schools.

The most frustrating aspect of my school is that the science departments seem to have a significant lack of funding to update equipment and to provide adequate equipment for field research in laboratory classes.

Sara

I would tell parents to make their kids really look. Many schools are over looked because of their location and where they are. Some can be superficial about where they go and want to follow the mainstream crowd. You might just find that the place you thought was aweful can be your dream school. Just applying and web searching is not enough. Parents, your kids need to get interactive and get out of the car and check out the school to make sure they like the feel of the campus. Internet pages can't tell you that. Schools don't show the whole school on their web sites.

A person that is not school spirited and not willing to put in effort. This is a lively school and it needs lively people.

I brag about how great the environment is, how friendly the people are, and how understanding the teacher's are.

political activity, excelling athletics, culturally diverse, zero tollerence for failure or cheating.

I would advise incoming college students to look for the college that best fits your major of choice. Take your time in deciding. Also, along with choosing the school that has your major, don't choose it just because your friends are attending the same school, or they are going for the same major, choose it because it is truly something you are interested in and you can see yourself pursuing for the rest of your life.

financial aid, grading with opscans, scheduling classes

Bryce

It is hard process to find what you are exactly looking for. It is a personal opinion to how you want to live and learn. It is great time though and will not forget it.

English department and communication department. Don't tech and grade fairlly or right.

Haley

I would tell students to make the choice depending on what career they want to have. Go to a college that offers the best degree for that career area.

The best thing about NDSU is the students.

The worst thing about NDSU is the large classes.

Jordan

I worked at the school the summer before I attended so I already knew what campus was like and what to expect when I began school.

Give it everything you've got. As much as that has been said it is true. The amount that you put into school will determine how much you get out of it. Be willing to stay for the couple minutes after class to finish writing the notes. Be willing to play frisbee with strangers on campus. Be willing to say good morning to the instructor at 7 o'clock in the morning. Making new friends and learning new things is what makes school worth it. The relationships that develop during college are not just for four years but for a lifetime.

Students and faculty are always willing to help out with any problem be it minor or life changing.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.