Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Sayuri

My classmates at North Dakota State University are helpful, friendly, willing to learn, and have great potentials in what they wish to achieve in their academics.

Dear High School Senior, The transition from high school to college will be a big change in your life. You will be responsible for everything you do and must discipline yourself through your decisions between your social and academic life. You might encounter situations when it will be difficult to say "no", but always remember to stay true to yourself and make the best choice. Try to find a balance between both sides: social and academics. You will also need to work your best to avoid procrastination, because at the end of the semester, you do not want to be a student who is struggling to get your grade up in that certain course because you procrastinated on studying or doing the work for it. Stay efficient, productive, and give yourself a break from time to time. College is very different from high school, but if you are able to balance things out, you will do great. Yours truly, Sayuri Yang, your college freshman-self

Any person would gladly be welcomed to attend North Dakota State University, but the campus would be more appealing to students who prefer a smaller school setting with close relationships to professors and instructors. NDSU provides students with excellent abilities of communication to instructors as well as tutors via email or in person. A person who prefers very large campuses, a larger school setting, and does not need the communication to professors, instructors, or tutors would probably not appreciate the convenience and structure of this campus.

Tyler

Take advantage of local community colleges. They offer just as high of quality education as a large institution at a fraction of the cost. During my highschool years I worked many hours to get a head start on college payments. By first attending a community college I could have paid of my first two years of school and continued to work to save money for a four year institution. I could have worked less in high school and enjoyed more opprotunities I was given and I would still be able to walk away with a degree with significantly less debt. The education at a four year institution is not better than that of a community college. I overlooked the possibility of staying home a couple more years to get the best education for my dollar, but I have found out that I am at a large university where most of my general classes are not even taught by teachers. Nearly all of my homework is online, undergraduate students teach most of my general courses and I sit in crowded auditoriums with hundreds of students. Do not overlook community college. You will get a high quality education at a reasonable price.

Before I went to college I wish I would have known that the education a community college can offer would be equal to or better than that of a large institution at a fraction of the price. I chose to go straight to a four year university to get the highest quality education for my dollar. After my first semester I learned that many classes are not taught by teachers at all and are crowded with as many as five hundred students. Most of my classes are taught either by undergraduate students or through online homework and testing.

In my experience, the most frustrating thing about college is that many administrative staff do not know how to help me. Before I started this year I had many questions and when I called campus, many times I was transferred to other departments that also did not know how to help me. When I started school there were some financial errors on my first semester bill and I had to go out of my way during the busy school year to call around and find the one person on campus who was able to fix the mistakes.

Signe

FOOTBALL! and research. the president has kept the tradition of football alive in the state

Get involved right away. The college isn't as big as it seems. The professors want you to succeed, they want to help you. College is super fun!

the parking tickets. they do their job but man, give us slack.

shartrice

Research college degrees and the salaries these degree holders produce. Volunteer with a person working in that field to ensure that industry is for you. Have fun in college but watch your grades. It is really smart to start off at a community college, the classess are smaller and you will learn more because oftentimes the teachers are more helpful. Once you transfer to a 4 year University you will do well and could earn a 4.0.

Christina

If i could go back a year and give myself advise on my freshman year of college, I would tell myself to study! Find a good study place, away from distractions, and study! Study atleast two hours everyday and don't cram before tests. Make sure to eat well balanced meals and exercise. Exercising will help release the stresses of the day. I would also tell myself not to work as much. Working is important for finacial reasons, but it forces cram sessions at night, sleeping in the next day, skipping breakfast to get to class on time, falling asleep in class from sleep deprivation, and then repeating the cycle all over again the next day. Getting a full nights rest works wonders when it comes to raising you GPA. I think that if I would have taken care of my body more by getting more sleep, eating right, and working out, along with developing good studing techniques and working less, i would have been a million times more successful my first year of college.

The worst thing about NDSU is the brutial winters. Students wonder why they would ever want to live in such and environment; but when spring comes around you remember why you choose NDSU again.

NDSU has a beautiful campus and a great envionment. The students have great pride in the school. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if you ask. The campus is the perfect size; big enough so you don't know everybody, but small enough so you recognize familiar faces in your classes. The best thing about NDSU is the type of education recieved. The learning is more hands on, so you are not completely lost when you expand into the work force.

Katlyn

Being an out of state student can be difficult for most to adapt to and find a great group people to surround yourself with. I felt like everyone that I had met on campus was very welcoming and friendly and all looking to make new friends. The people I surround myself with are all high achievers, like myself and like to further there experiences through campus invovlement.

When most people think of North Dakota all that comes to mind is the frigid cold weather, but what most don't realize is this school and state is filled with the most welcoming people I have ever met. Coming from Kansas, North Dakota State Univerisity was a big change but was the best decision I had ever made, this school has provided me with many opporutnites and I am very involved on campus which makes me see campus in a whole other view and helps me prepare for life after college.

I am glad I followed my advice I had given myself going into college. I knew that getting involved on campus was a big part of the college expeirence. During my freshman year I was apart of Kappa Delta Sorority and Hall government. Going into the school year of 2011 and 2012 acedemic year I will still be invovled with Kappa Delta Sorority but I was also chosen to be a Bison Guide (school tour guide), a peer mentor for my major, participate in leadership board for my major and I will also be an admission assitant. I am excited to start all these new activites but school comes first, I currently have a 3.1 GPA and last semester I recieved a 3.4 GPA. I would like to raise my cummlative GPA because my ultimate goal is to become an attorney. I am glad I got invovled with everything I wanted to on campus because it will only enhance my college experience.

Brianna

Choose a school that suites your needs, what you want, and your aspirations in life. I would strongly encourage them to go to a four-year college, or any college of that matter, its so crutial these days, I believe, to have a college education. If your not a college-type of student and don't want to go, think of how much better your life will be if you have a further education, you can get the job of your dreams, a better salary, and security to provide your family.

That I get a great education, with excellent teachers, on a nice campus for a fraction of the price that their paying.

Colleen

North Dakota State University is a student-focused, highly successful educational institution with numerous academic programs in which you can achieve your educational goals.

North Dakota State University is a medium-sized university with a small community feel. Other colleges and universities I visited, I felt like I would get lost in a sea of students. At NDSU, it was large enough to offer all of the important services, programs, and activities I was looking for, but I still received individualized attention from the faculty and staff.

I am currently pursuing my degree in Higher Education Administration. The reason I chose to pursue this degree is because in achieving my educational goals, I feel I can make a difference in other's lives. I believe educating our children is the most important thing I can do to ensure their success. As an administrator, I will be in a position where I can make decisions which will impact all students. My entire college experience has been incredible rewarding and fulfilling. I have gained not only knowledge, but friendships with fellow students and faculty that will last a lifetime. Each step I have taken down the path to achieve my educational goals has opened new doors and created new opportunities for my family. While I will always remember how difficult it is to reach your dreams, I will also remember how rewarding all these years have been and will carry that with me my entire life. I hope to give back to the community even more than this amazing educational experience has given me.

Shauna

Attending college has made me grow as a person. I have learned so much from stepping out of my "comfort zone" by meeting new people and participating in classes; something I thought I would never do. I believe people with a college education can expand their horizons and make themselves a valuable tool to the world. Being a knowledgable person allows you to teach and learn everyday. A person can continually learn no matter how much educational background they have. The world is expanding in newer technology by the second, which makes education an important and valuable tool to use for not only the present but also for the future. With my college experience I gained at North Dakota State University, I have been able to continue my education by currently completing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. I love helping people and seeing them progress. If I can help one individual with a certain impairment or disability in any way, I believe I have learned so much and can continue to learn everyday from other people.

The best thing about North Dakota State University was the education I received in Athletic Training. I am furthering my education by completeing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. Having an Athletic Training degree has helped me tremendously excel in my classroom curriculum courses,. Using previous experience while working in Athletic Training has allowed me to use my Bachelor's degree as a tool to help treat patients with specific musculoskeltal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary and integumentary disorders.

My college experience while attending North Dakota State University was great. The only thing I would consider the worst thing about NDSU is the distance to walk between each class. The campus is continually growing and expanding making it difficult to find a parking spot close to where I had class.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.