Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Camille

There is a very good Wellness Center here, but the only bad part is that there is no pool connected to it.

College has taught me how to learn to really understand the material, instead of just learning to pass the test. I have learned the value of good problem solving skills and now I really appreciate the hard work I put in. It has been valuable to me because I am becoming much more independent and am figuring out that I am responsible for my own success.

The meal plan is the worst part because they have very limited choices and the main line food is never very good. They also don't have very many choices for vegetarians. They also don't have very good yogurt.

Laura

After raising my children, I was starting to become a recluse, not even able to go outside of the house for work. Education has always been a love of mine and I finally made the leap to not only apply but to attend as a full time student. Even though I am old enough to be most of the students' mother, not one student looks at me as anything but a fellow student, allowing me to focus on my classes without the stigma of age. I am learning that I am as intelligent as I thought I was and I am finding joy in attending classes each day, for the love of education itself. I am currently commuting to school however my goal is to live on campus and work towards self-sufficiency. I currently am looking at a bachelor's degree but have also given it a thought to pursue either a masters or a PhD in Mathematics in either the current field that I am pursuing - Actuarial Sciences, or perhaps into a teaching field. I love attending school and love that it has given me a boost in self-esteem, learning that I can do this.

derrion

I have gotten out of my college experience is the lesson of living. College has help me grow to become a better man also a better knowlegeable person on what is going to happen outside of college. Its very valuble to attend because its the key to a better life.

Christy

I have gained a whole new world of knowledge. I have learned how to juggle school, family, and work. I have made many new friendships with people I would not have met if I did not attend college. Most importantly I have learned the importance of a good education and how it helps you in life.

Bethany

I have obtained a lot of life lessons from college. One huge thing I've learned is how to better manage my time. Going to school full-time and working part-time can get busy, but it forces me to evaluate task goals and decide what I need to accomplish and when. Another valuable lesson I've learned is to not give up. I have taken some very challenging courses, but I have never dropped a class because it was too hard. I have a career goal in mind, and I know that I have to put in some serious work in order to reach that goal. One final lesson that has been important to me is the ask for help. It's tempting to try and do things on your own, resisting the services being offered to you. But faculty and fellow students are a huge asset to be utilized. All these lessons will help me as I continue on in a career after college.

I enjoy the program I am enrolled in: Dietetics. That's why I decided to attend NDSU.

The weather. But that's not the fault of the school. It's just a fact about Fargo and North Dakota in general.

Emma

It took me a while to adjust. My parents and boyfriend live only an hour away so I was going home all the time and I think some people didn't like me because I was quiet and shy. But I had some friends from my high school that I hung out with quite often and really got to know a lot better. I made some new friends as well and kept in touch with some old ones. My first semester went badly because I didn't want to do my work so I had a terrible GPA. In my second semester I did the best I could and raised it a bit, but it still could use a lot of work. I learned mostly, and am still perfecting, how to balance my social and school lives. I've had some great professors and some bad ones but I learned how to work with each. My roommate was great and helped me through a lot and I found I could rely on her for anything. I'm glad I chose NDSU because it was a thrill ride that I'm not done with yet and I look forward to more.

I just don't like how expensive some things are, like online classes and online programs we have to sign up for. That's all.

I would have to say the price of online courses. I took two courses online last semester and I loved doing it that way but they are so much more expensive it's hard to take them. They're not providing a building or the online programs so why are they so much. And also the amount of online courses we need to sign up for and pay for. I had to get at least 6 online programs ranging from $35 to over $100 each.

Justin

Big college with a little college atmosphere.

Big college with a little college atmosphere.

I have gotten a lot of things out of my college experience. Not only am I recieving a top notch education that will help me attain my future career goals, but i also have had many great times and met many great people that i will keep as friends for the rest of my life. It has been very valuable to attend college because it is educating me and giving me the opportunity to persue my career choices and have a high chance of attaining the occupation i want because i have the proper skills to perform the tasks asked of me. It has also been valuable because it has allowed me to meet the best friends i have ever had and given me some great life experiences on the way. If i could do it all over again i would definetly attend college again. It is an experience of a life time and i will never forget it!

We dont have to pay to get into athletic events and to use the wellness facilities. The town is also not to big, but not to little. Its not far from home and you can easily drive to good hunting areas. They are improving a lot of the facilities around campus.

prenita

I have learned a lot of things from college experience, and they include: the way I talk to people, the way they help me if I need something, and the most important thing is that I have learned to be very independent and very adaptive to new environments. I have also learned that to achieve something in our life, we have to be really working hard to get what we want. It is no longer like high school if you don't do your work no one is going to be reminding you of it. At college you have to do everything on your own to suceed in life, and that's what i want to do suceed.

North Dakota State University attracted all types of people. My best friend came from Massachusetts because NDSU had a four year veteranarian technician. I attended college with peers who graduated from a class of 9 and some that graduated from a high school class of over 700 people. I was exposed to many different cultures, lifestyles, and beliefs. I know that North Dakota State University might seem homogenized, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the case at all.

North Dakota State University gave me an opportunity to truly discover the life path I wanted to follow. My first degree was zoology, then I changed to nursing, until I finally settled on food and nutrition. NDSU is big enough that it was able to fulfill all of my desired future career changes, yet small enough that I got the support to find what I was truly passionate about.

College not only led me to a career that I love, it gave me many opportunities to practice what I preach. My career as a dietitian in an eating disorders field has led me to a better outlook on nutrition for myself and a desire to continue my education to become a therapist.

Encouaging, fun students who aren't afraid to go after their dreams and make new friends.

I have gotten many things out of my experience here at NDSU. I have met many new people all with different views on religion and life. Getting to meet people from different cultures helps me learn about the diverse world we live in. I love how everyone at school is friendly and accepting of those around them. Everyone is here to help each other out, whether it is with school work, finding a job, or getting to know other students. The campus does a great job of getting students involved with organization and job fairs. I have been able to join bible study and be elected as a leader for next year, I have also been able to join a pharmacy organization and learn about the interview process I will be going through next year. Campus attractions puts on free activities for students like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. The campus is valuable to attend because they have provided me with the resources to do well in my studies as well as make friends with my new classmates. The transition from high school to college has been an easy one thanks to NDSU.

The best thing about my school are the students. There are many student led organizations that get students involved in their major like pharmacy clubs or pre-med clubs. This encourages me, as well as my classmates, to meet other students in our major and become familiar with our classes. Students are also running activities for everyone to get involved over the weekend, things like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. These sorts of things help students feel like they are a part of a community and creates a good learning environment.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.