Fargo, ND
North Dakota State University-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Dakota State University-Main Campus

shartrice

Research college degrees and the salaries these degree holders produce. Volunteer with a person working in that field to ensure that industry is for you. Have fun in college but watch your grades. It is really smart to start off at a community college, the classess are smaller and you will learn more because oftentimes the teachers are more helpful. Once you transfer to a 4 year University you will do well and could earn a 4.0.

Christina

If i could go back a year and give myself advise on my freshman year of college, I would tell myself to study! Find a good study place, away from distractions, and study! Study atleast two hours everyday and don't cram before tests. Make sure to eat well balanced meals and exercise. Exercising will help release the stresses of the day. I would also tell myself not to work as much. Working is important for finacial reasons, but it forces cram sessions at night, sleeping in the next day, skipping breakfast to get to class on time, falling asleep in class from sleep deprivation, and then repeating the cycle all over again the next day. Getting a full nights rest works wonders when it comes to raising you GPA. I think that if I would have taken care of my body more by getting more sleep, eating right, and working out, along with developing good studing techniques and working less, i would have been a million times more successful my first year of college.

The worst thing about NDSU is the brutial winters. Students wonder why they would ever want to live in such and environment; but when spring comes around you remember why you choose NDSU again.

NDSU has a beautiful campus and a great envionment. The students have great pride in the school. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help if you ask. The campus is the perfect size; big enough so you don't know everybody, but small enough so you recognize familiar faces in your classes. The best thing about NDSU is the type of education recieved. The learning is more hands on, so you are not completely lost when you expand into the work force.

Katlyn

Being an out of state student can be difficult for most to adapt to and find a great group people to surround yourself with. I felt like everyone that I had met on campus was very welcoming and friendly and all looking to make new friends. The people I surround myself with are all high achievers, like myself and like to further there experiences through campus invovlement.

When most people think of North Dakota all that comes to mind is the frigid cold weather, but what most don't realize is this school and state is filled with the most welcoming people I have ever met. Coming from Kansas, North Dakota State Univerisity was a big change but was the best decision I had ever made, this school has provided me with many opporutnites and I am very involved on campus which makes me see campus in a whole other view and helps me prepare for life after college.

I am glad I followed my advice I had given myself going into college. I knew that getting involved on campus was a big part of the college expeirence. During my freshman year I was apart of Kappa Delta Sorority and Hall government. Going into the school year of 2011 and 2012 acedemic year I will still be invovled with Kappa Delta Sorority but I was also chosen to be a Bison Guide (school tour guide), a peer mentor for my major, participate in leadership board for my major and I will also be an admission assitant. I am excited to start all these new activites but school comes first, I currently have a 3.1 GPA and last semester I recieved a 3.4 GPA. I would like to raise my cummlative GPA because my ultimate goal is to become an attorney. I am glad I got invovled with everything I wanted to on campus because it will only enhance my college experience.

Brianna

Choose a school that suites your needs, what you want, and your aspirations in life. I would strongly encourage them to go to a four-year college, or any college of that matter, its so crutial these days, I believe, to have a college education. If your not a college-type of student and don't want to go, think of how much better your life will be if you have a further education, you can get the job of your dreams, a better salary, and security to provide your family.

That I get a great education, with excellent teachers, on a nice campus for a fraction of the price that their paying.

Colleen

North Dakota State University is a student-focused, highly successful educational institution with numerous academic programs in which you can achieve your educational goals.

North Dakota State University is a medium-sized university with a small community feel. Other colleges and universities I visited, I felt like I would get lost in a sea of students. At NDSU, it was large enough to offer all of the important services, programs, and activities I was looking for, but I still received individualized attention from the faculty and staff.

I am currently pursuing my degree in Higher Education Administration. The reason I chose to pursue this degree is because in achieving my educational goals, I feel I can make a difference in other's lives. I believe educating our children is the most important thing I can do to ensure their success. As an administrator, I will be in a position where I can make decisions which will impact all students. My entire college experience has been incredible rewarding and fulfilling. I have gained not only knowledge, but friendships with fellow students and faculty that will last a lifetime. Each step I have taken down the path to achieve my educational goals has opened new doors and created new opportunities for my family. While I will always remember how difficult it is to reach your dreams, I will also remember how rewarding all these years have been and will carry that with me my entire life. I hope to give back to the community even more than this amazing educational experience has given me.

Shauna

Attending college has made me grow as a person. I have learned so much from stepping out of my "comfort zone" by meeting new people and participating in classes; something I thought I would never do. I believe people with a college education can expand their horizons and make themselves a valuable tool to the world. Being a knowledgable person allows you to teach and learn everyday. A person can continually learn no matter how much educational background they have. The world is expanding in newer technology by the second, which makes education an important and valuable tool to use for not only the present but also for the future. With my college experience I gained at North Dakota State University, I have been able to continue my education by currently completing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. I love helping people and seeing them progress. If I can help one individual with a certain impairment or disability in any way, I believe I have learned so much and can continue to learn everyday from other people.

The best thing about North Dakota State University was the education I received in Athletic Training. I am furthering my education by completeing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. Having an Athletic Training degree has helped me tremendously excel in my classroom curriculum courses,. Using previous experience while working in Athletic Training has allowed me to use my Bachelor's degree as a tool to help treat patients with specific musculoskeltal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary and integumentary disorders.

My college experience while attending North Dakota State University was great. The only thing I would consider the worst thing about NDSU is the distance to walk between each class. The campus is continually growing and expanding making it difficult to find a parking spot close to where I had class.

Camille

There is a very good Wellness Center here, but the only bad part is that there is no pool connected to it.

College has taught me how to learn to really understand the material, instead of just learning to pass the test. I have learned the value of good problem solving skills and now I really appreciate the hard work I put in. It has been valuable to me because I am becoming much more independent and am figuring out that I am responsible for my own success.

The meal plan is the worst part because they have very limited choices and the main line food is never very good. They also don't have very many choices for vegetarians. They also don't have very good yogurt.

Laura

After raising my children, I was starting to become a recluse, not even able to go outside of the house for work. Education has always been a love of mine and I finally made the leap to not only apply but to attend as a full time student. Even though I am old enough to be most of the students' mother, not one student looks at me as anything but a fellow student, allowing me to focus on my classes without the stigma of age. I am learning that I am as intelligent as I thought I was and I am finding joy in attending classes each day, for the love of education itself. I am currently commuting to school however my goal is to live on campus and work towards self-sufficiency. I currently am looking at a bachelor's degree but have also given it a thought to pursue either a masters or a PhD in Mathematics in either the current field that I am pursuing - Actuarial Sciences, or perhaps into a teaching field. I love attending school and love that it has given me a boost in self-esteem, learning that I can do this.

derrion

I have gotten out of my college experience is the lesson of living. College has help me grow to become a better man also a better knowlegeable person on what is going to happen outside of college. Its very valuble to attend because its the key to a better life.

Christy

I have gained a whole new world of knowledge. I have learned how to juggle school, family, and work. I have made many new friendships with people I would not have met if I did not attend college. Most importantly I have learned the importance of a good education and how it helps you in life.

North Dakota State University-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.