North Dakota State University-Main Campus Top Questions

While NDSU's campus is fairly large, the students that attend this university are friendly, welcoming, and very religious. They make it a point to welcome any new student into the Bison family and help them make the transition into college life. During times of crisis, the students rally together with open arms to offer support to anyone who needs it.

Margalit

My classmates are very friendly and very proud of their school, though they tend to stay in same-race/culture/religion groups.

My classmates are very willing to assist with course materials as well as provide sensible out of class distractions.

My classmates are focused and driven, and they know how to make the most of their educational experience while making it enjoyable.

Well the students here are very diverse, personally I don't think that many people could feel out of place here. There are so many things to be involved in as I said earlier and even if that is not your thing there are many places on campus for you to be if you don't want to be around the others. When I walk on campus, I see people dressed in mostly sweats. A lot of others just wear jeans or even pajamas. If you are like me I like to dress up every day, or at least most days :) However, there is also a good bunch of students who wear Bison pride wear everyday also.

Sayuri

My classmates at North Dakota State University are helpful, friendly, willing to learn, and have great potentials in what they wish to achieve in their academics.

Katlyn

Being an out of state student can be difficult for most to adapt to and find a great group people to surround yourself with. I felt like everyone that I had met on campus was very welcoming and friendly and all looking to make new friends. The people I surround myself with are all high achievers, like myself and like to further there experiences through campus invovlement.

North Dakota State University attracted all types of people. My best friend came from Massachusetts because NDSU had a four year veteranarian technician. I attended college with peers who graduated from a class of 9 and some that graduated from a high school class of over 700 people. I was exposed to many different cultures, lifestyles, and beliefs. I know that North Dakota State University might seem homogenized, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the case at all.

Encouaging, fun students who aren't afraid to go after their dreams and make new friends.

Shawna

My classmates are hard working, encouraging, caring and passionate people when it comes to both their social lives and school work, as well as out-of class related work.

In the smaller classes, such as 20-30 students you really connect with fellow classmates because most of them happen to be in your major, so you form friendships to help each other out.

Josephine

Classmates keep to themselves and help out people if they need it.

Common sense hard working and freindly

My classmates are all pretty accepting. I enjoy their company and it is great having people to share the challenges of our architecture class assignments. People I don't share classes with, but live in the same residence hall with are all quite fun. They are always finding something to do as a group and enjoy everyone's company.

The students in my program are dedicated and determined. Not to say we do not have our share of fun but everyone seems to understand that class comes first which makes NDSU a wonderful place to learn and explore new things.

Breanna

My classmates are hard working, diversified, intelligent and competitive. They know what they want and are willing to work for it, which is the same as me.

Classmates here are very friendly and are always willing to get into groups and help study and make sure that course work is understood and completed.

In the large classrooms my classmates are more quite and are not as friendly, but in my small classes people interact more and you get to meet new people which is always a plus!

average students, but there are a lot of foreign kids

There are so many words to describe the classmates I have met so far including friendly, ambitious, helpful, and easy to reach out to.

Ashlie

My classmates here at NDSU are full of life, inspired by their surroundings, dedicated to their schoolwork, and very focused on their passion and dreams.

Carly

For the most part, they are very open to studying together and helpful with notes or studying.

Being with people that have the same interests makes going to class easier because we all have something in common and can openly talk to each other.

Ashli

My classmates can be described as a well rounded group of unique individuals all seeking new knowledge through advancing their education.

Warm, friendly and willing to help you with problems in and out of school.

My classmates are all very determined to do well, since the internship spaces are so limited and very competitive.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, studious people who strive to do their best when it comes to the courseload but still retain their individuality and social lives.

Alisha

My classmates at NDSU are driven, focused, smart, funny, and (I'm proud to say) some of my best friends.

My classmates are friendly people who, no matter how busy they also are, will always drop everything to offer help, advice, and encouragement.

My classmates are always there for me; they help me with my homework and make sure I succeed, and my classmates and I never let anyone fail the course.

Rachelle

For the most part they are pretty nice and willing to help.

Cory

They are respectable and good people to learn with.

Ashleigh

My classmates are goal oriented but know how to have fun.

I don't know them

Some students work hard; others like to party. You pick who you like.

Abram

Smart and exciting.

Bronson

Awesome people.

Ken

My classmates are fun, energetic, and smart.

My classmates are friendly.

Depends on the major, but nost party

john

my classmates are very goal oriented and work hard and play even harder.

My classmates are very friendly, outgoing, and fun to be around.

They all seem interested in learning and focused on their future careers.

Lucas

As a non-traditional student I do not have much interaction with my classmates, but for the most part they seem to be motivated and focused students who exhibit a great deal of school spirit.