North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Give it everything you've got. As much as that has been said it is true. The amount that you put into school will determine how much you get out of it. Be willing to stay for the couple minutes after class to finish writing the notes. Be willing to play frisbee with strangers on campus. Be willing to say good morning to the instructor at 7 o'clock in the morning. Making new friends and learning new things is what makes school worth it. The relationships that develop during college are not just for four years but for a lifetime.

My advice about finding the right college would be to go out and find a college somewhere that you have always wanted to go just to get experience in life. My advice on making the most out of a college experience would be to just go out and find things to do whether it be joining a fraternity and getting involved that way, or join a few clubs. Anything that this person finds enjoyable they should be doing in college, because thats what this time of life is for, enjoying, learning, and getting ready for the rest of your life.

I encourage students starting at NDSU to stay in the freshmen dorms, and to get involved with some organization that interest you as soon as possible. Consider taking a class that interest you each semester that doesn't really relate to your major, unless you are already overloaded. It is nice to have a change of pace, and it could lead to minor in something. "Non-required" homework really should be done because your teachers will expect you to have gained knowledge from that material and test you on it.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is going to be a lot harder than you thought. Studying the material everyday instead of the night before the test is an absolute MUST! I would also tell myself that you are not the smartest kid in your class anymore... there are a ton of kids here that are smarter than you and harder workers than you. I would tell myself that this is okay, but you have to step up your game and work and study that much harder!

I would tell the parents to encourage their kids to go and check out the campus and talk with the professors of their intended major before making any decisions. To the kids, I would tell them not to worry about going to college with your friends from high school because you make so many other lifelong friends in college. I would also tell them to be themselves no matter what and not give into peer pressure because you are respected more for standing up for yourself than you are for giving in.

Choose a school that suites your needs, what you want, and your aspirations in life. I would strongly encourage them to go to a four-year college, or any college of that matter, its so crutial these days, I believe, to have a college education. If your not a college-type of student and don't want to go, think of how much better your life will be if you have a further education, you can get the job of your dreams, a better salary, and security to provide your family.

I think that a student should choose a school that is going to challenge them and help them achieve everything they want academically. Don't be discouraged if you cannot decide on a major right away. Just take some time and try to figure out what it is that you really love and go with it. I also think joining clubs on campus is a great way to meet friends and get to know new people. College is about learning and growing as a person and is a great opportunity.

You need to visit the schools that you are looking at in all weather conditions. Take the tours and talk to actual students, not just the student guides. Walk around the campus by yourself and sit in on a lecture. Start looking for colleges early so you have time to think about your choices and revisit the top ones. If you want to make the most out of your college experience then you need to leave your dorm room and get to know other people. Get involved.

Focus on ur gols one hundred percent, have fun and enjoy while keeping up with everything in school. Finish school before anything else because later on in life it will be alot more dificult, reallice the oppotunities that we have rigth now that we will not have later on. Most of all know what u want to do and love, so u can be passionate on your work industry when time comes. Love what u do and do not ever under estimate your self or anyone else.

I would tell myself not to underestimate the degree of difficulyt of college. The best way to succeed is to start studying early and study often. Don't fall behind on homework or put it off until the last minute. Get to know your professors and the whole experience will be much more enjoyable and rewarding. Also, get involved with student organizations, it will help you with your courses as well as help you professionally. WORK HARD, its worth it!