North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

If I could go back, I would tell myself to get better time management skills, because for me that was the hardest thing to do making the transition between high school and college. I would also have told myself to take more PSEO classes than I did as well as become involved right away on campus. One last thing would be to enjoy the little things about college and to go out and spend time with your friends even if it's just for a little bit.

Research college degrees and the salaries these degree holders produce. Volunteer with a person working in that field to ensure that industry is for you. Have fun in college but watch your grades. It is really smart to start off at a community college, the classess are smaller and you will learn more because oftentimes the teachers are more helpful. Once you transfer to a 4 year University you will do well and could earn a 4.0.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to take as many math classes possible. This is would make the transition way easier and allow myself to take more upper level classes. Finally I would tell myself not to worry about the school work because its not as hard as you think it will be. Just make sure you manage your time so you can make friends and more importantly succeed in the classroom.

I would advise incoming college students to look for the college that best fits your major of choice. Take your time in deciding. Also, along with choosing the school that has your major, don't choose it just because your friends are attending the same school, or they are going for the same major, choose it because it is truly something you are interested in and you can see yourself pursuing for the rest of your life.

If you are unsure of what you want to do with your life, or what major to choose, it is ok to be undecided. You can always take a few classes to see what you like. If for some reason you choose a major that is not offered at the school you initially picked, there is nothing wrong with transferring to a different school. A lot of what you get out of your college experience tends to reflect how much effort you put in.

I would remind myself that school is the most important thing coming up. While there are classes that are more boring that drying paint, they are still important to building a strong and fulfilling future. I would also remind myself to keep up the study habits that I mainitained through highschool but have found to be slipping on saturdays when there are games to go to and other events other than homework going on.

While the condition of the buildings on campus is important, the people you meet while touring colleges are more important. The people are the ones that you will have to spend the next 4-5 years with so its important that a school is friendly and welcoming and that there are opportunities for you to meet different types of people because you can learn as much from them as you do from your classes.

First the student and parents need to visit multiple colleges, view there ciricculum and choices for classes. Then decide on the school that best fits the students needs and wants. The student should decide on what they want not what the parents want. If the school is out of budget have the student apply for scholarships or grants so he or she can go to that school if its the school they prefer.

The first thing you want to do before picking a college is to pick an area of study or field that interests you, and go with that. Then you can begin your search of what schools have good programs. After that, just pick a school that fits your personality. I wanted that wasn't too big, but wasn't too small either. Scholarships help make a decision too. The best thing to do is apply early.

I would tell myself to work hard in high school and not spend all my hard-earned money on so many trivial things. I'd tell myself to save up that money, because I'll need it when I get to college. Having money saved up just makes life that much easier. And I'd tell myself to apply for more scholarships while I was in high school, so I wouldn't have to worry so much about college loans.