North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Go visit all the schools you are intrested in going to. Then once you get enrolled at the school of your choice, go out to public functions and meet a bunch of people. It will help you become more social and the people you meet could eventually help you with your class work if needed. Also the people you meet will help relieve any stress you have by going out and socializing with them.

As a high school senior, I felt as if I was under a immense amount of pressure to make sure I was accepted into college and that I recieved scholarships. However, now that I am in college, I have looked back on those days in highschool and realized that everyone makes such a huge deal about it. College is indeed an important thing, but it doesn't help worry excessively about it.

College has taught me how to learn to really understand the material, instead of just learning to pass the test. I have learned the value of good problem solving skills and now I really appreciate the hard work I put in. It has been valuable to me because I am becoming much more independent and am figuring out that I am responsible for my own success.

Do your research. Don't let funds hold you back. There are many opportunities for funding out there, you just have to find them. Work hard, and it will pay off. Remember to enjoy your time there. Its not all just the schooling, but the experiences you will share with the people that you will meet. Its a blast. Everyone should experience it!

I have gained a whole new world of knowledge. I have learned how to juggle school, family, and work. I have made many new friendships with people I would not have met if I did not attend college. Most importantly I have learned the importance of a good education and how it helps you in life.

Do your research. Do not pick an expensive school simply because of its name. Look around and fine quality schools for what you are truly interested in. You may find some surprisingly good but affordable schools that are making quite a name for themselves in their specific areas of research.

I would tell myself to not be closed about going to different schools. I should have applied for more schools right off the bat instead of transferring here later. It is wise to keep one's options open and look for the best financial situation that has a strong program in one's major.

College not only led me to a career that I love, it gave me many opportunities to practice what I preach. My career as a dietitian in an eating disorders field has led me to a better outlook on nutrition for myself and a desire to continue my education to become a therapist.

It is very important to pick the right school for you, go to the campus and if it doesn't feel like it fits you then, choose another one. You will not be able to learn to love the campus you are on. You must walk onto campus each day and love it, or you will be unhappy.

I have gotten out of my college experience is the lesson of living. College has help me grow to become a better man also a better knowlegeable person on what is going to happen outside of college. Its very valuble to attend because its the key to a better life.