North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Go to a four year university straight out of high school. Going to a two year and then transferring may set you back on your coursework. Don't be shy, your roommates will be your family while you are away from home.... and make the most of the experience.

i would say look at your options and try to find the school that you feel that you can fit into. Once accepted join an organization not related to your major. this will give you a broader spectrum of people that you may become friends with.

When making your decision, pick the place that feels most like home. College is not just a place to learn, but it will be your home for the next few months/years. If you don't feel comfortable then you won't be successful.

Start looking into college at least by a sophomore. Make sure you look into scholarships and be open to what colleges you want to go to. Consider location, costs, and program availability when looking at colleges.

I would say it's best to find a college that offers an education in the career field you are most interested in. Then I would try to find a happy balance between the quality of the education and the expense.

Never ever take 19 credits plus Marching Band your first semester of college. Try to have more fun and get more envolved with activities right away. Keep your grades up and study more often.

NDSU offers everything expected of a large university, without being overwhelmingly large. It is safe and diverse, with plenty to keep a student busy in freetime, without being distracting.

I would probably warn myself of the things that i tried doing that i ended up not finishing. I feel as though i wasted a lot of time and money trying to figure out what i wanted to do.

Don't forget about the future. No matter what your/your child's interests are now, you/they are bound to change your/their mind. Remember that a college is more than just an education.

Find a college that is in a big enough city where there are things to do for entertainment and one that is equipped with the best and newest types of teaching technology.