North Dakota State University-Main Campus Top Questions

Phil

Get to know yourself. Get clear on the unique gifts you have to give to the world and your passions. Notice what lights you up and trust that feeling. Once you have strong clarity around who you are and what you want, then decide what university, what degree...what path aligns with those desires. You'll be encourage to go about this process the other way around. Most people will try to convince you that the path is what you need to decide on first. Then, you will be asked to try to make your gifts, passions, and desires work on that particular path. And, if they don't, you'll be encouraged to set them aside. I'm here to tell you: DON'T set them aside. There's power in passion. There are gifts only you are meant to give to the world. There are reasons you have certain desires. This is an amazing time to not only investigate the options available to you, but also to investigate "the you" who has all these options. Conscious engagement in the process is key.

If I were to go back to my senior year of high school to give myself advice, one key point I would make sure to emphasize is to be proactive in seeing a career counselor. After my senior year of high school, I applied to a local community college and pursued an AA degree, to which I never finished. Then, a semester later, I transferred into a near-by four year university. Seeking professional advice would have saved myself a year of time, and a year of college tuition. The advice of seeking a career counselor would have eliminated my year of uncertainty and narrowed my focus to my current choice of wanting to become a nurse. Nursing school has shown me the importance of having a good relationship with a mentor, or a school advisor. My naive-self needed this advice three years ago, but all I can do now is share this advice with others.

Brady

The advice I would give to my high school senior self would be to enjoy it and not worry so much about the future. I worry about the future and what it has in store for me often. I wish I could go back and tell myself to let things happen and enjoy life. I think that is the only thing I would want to say because I am happy with the way my life is turning out. I would have myself apply for more scholarships, however, because I did not know that they were as easy to apply for as they are. Lastly, I would just tell myself that you are going to find people that appreciate you, want to be around you, and treat you the way you should be treated very soon. That would have definitely helped my mental well-being at the end of high schoool. I feel like everyone needs a little positive reassurements every now and then. It is hard to convince ourselves that everything will be okay, but we need to. Things get better, and I wish my high school self would have known that.

Ray

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to apply for as many scholarships as possible before the end of the school year. It's no secret that the cost for attending college is more expensive than it's ever been and applying for scholarships in large amounts gives yourself a chance to lift the financial burden off your shoulders and not be stuck in 20,000 dollar debt like I am today. Applying for scholarships is an absolute no brainer as I continue to do it on a daily basis in the hopes of reducing my education costs for the future. If I was able to open the eyes of my high school senior self then I wouldn't be in the financial predicament that I am in today.

Elise

I would like to tell myself as a high school senior to spend time investigating what most interests me. Taking an independent study class rather than an elective that doesn't suit my interests is most beneficial. Independent study provides space for creativity and allows research. In senior year, I should have been alotting time for a workshop while balancing after-school track practice with an AP Studio Art workload. An extra 70 minutes to study well-known artists' techniques and styles and practice applying those skills would have been transformative for my portfolio. An alternative to independent study is co-op. Integrating work experience with a school schedule teaches a senior the value of working experience relative to her goals. College is similarly a time for internships and jobs that can support my studies and further my involvement with the art community in my city. Aside from focusing intensely on my art practice, senior year should be for defining who I am as that artist. Participating in Grand Rapids' ArtPrize competition after high school was transformative. My senior self should seek out more galleries, competitions, chances for publication, and most importantly, opportunites to speak and write about my vision.

Alexandar

Get out there! It sounds cliché I know, but without getting involved school is going to be just school and nothing else. You are going to be bored and bogged down by the same thing all the time. So as much as you are going to hate it at first go get involved in clubs, try new things, and don’t be shy to meet new people after all you aren’t the only new kid. If you don’t listen to this you will find this to be your only regret. If you don’t start early and put yourself out there before you know it you will be done with college with no other experiences other than studying and school work. There are more things to college than that. It’s also a place to discover yourself to see what you really like and who you really are as an independent. This knowledge is not gained from sitting in your room all the time, this is priceless knowledge that you gain from the people you meet and the new things you try. The only way to do this is by just simply getting out there.

When you get to college, sell your xbox and don't buy that laptop, buy a external hard drive and a few flashdrives. The school has plenty of resources available 24/7 so you don't need to have that new laptop. Sell the xbox because it is a distraction and you can use all that extra time to take advantage of all the resources NDSU has to offer. Also, go to those new student things you never know who you will meet. Finally I'd get the winning lottery ticket numbers for a predetermined date, mark them down, and give them to my former self.

If I were to go back to my high school self and give her advice about what to expect in college, I would first tell myself not to make a big deal about the transition. It was a very easy transition from high school to college and I spent a lot of my time stressing about it. The next thing I would tell myself is to go out and make the most of the opportunities presented to me. I would tell myself to join clubs, go to church related organizations, talk to the girl down the hallway. During my first semester, I spent a lot of time in my room, or only going out with my room mate instead of meeting new people. Finally, I would tell my high school self not to bring so many clothes. It's very hard packing clothes into a tiny dresser, especially when a lot of them are clothes that you aren't going to wear.

Margalit

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I'm going to miss home more than thought I would; that I'm going to call my mom every day, and she'll be thrilled. I'd tell myself that it's going to be difficult sometimes, and I'll feel like giving up, but that everything will work out once I push through it. I'd tell myself that teachers aren't just talking textbooks -- they are people who care about your success, and have a great wealth of knowledge, resources, and experience to share with you. I'd tell myself not to worry about making friends -- everyone else will be worrying about the same thing, and conversations will naturally pop up! I'd tell myself that I am strong and capable, and that I am on the path that will take me the farthest.

I was always told that getting good grades was the most important thing in college; however, I have learned that being involved with extracurricular activities such as research projects and Student Government is just as important. These activities prepare you for your future career. You learn skills that you cannot learn in the classroom. You meet people and develop a network of contacts. These people end up being your friends, colleagues, advisers, and potential employers. They can help you decide what career is best for you or let you know if you are pursuing a career that you will never enjoy. The people you know can be as important as everything else you learned in college. If you want to be successful, you need both the information and the contacts. That is the advise that I would give myself as a high school senior.

Priya

I would tell myself to take a lot of AP classes and do well in all my classes. Apply for more scholarships and accept more loans so that I can have extra money to buy books and not run out. You should always check if your professors give good notes and how well they teach at ratemyprofessor.com. Talk to other upperclassmen in your major about which classes to take and which professors are the best. Always stay organized and make sure to always stay on top of your assignments becasue you're expected to do your own work. You need to take responsibility for yourself, in college you have to propel yourself to study a lot more than you do in high school. Take extensive notes and study a lot before test. Due to large lecture halls you don't always have the opportunity to talk to professors so you should go and talk to them and don't wait too long to get help when you're having trouble. Join a club so that you can make new friends. Always stay optimistic, a good attitude and knowing how to handle stress is very important for your success.

Keep doing what you are doing. Next year, you are about to go through a transformation that you cannot plan for. Look for ways to become a better leader, encourage others to strengthen their leadership abilities, and give it all you've got. When you look back on your freshman year of college, I want you to know that you tried your best and made an incredible impact on the school. Look to other people if you ever need help and do not try to do everything by yourself because it is not possible. Your parents are not with you and they will not be helping you pay for college, but don't get discouraged because they support your every step. Apply for as many scholarships as you can so that you don't need to focus on money as much. The most important thing is your education. Things will go wrong, and family members will be sent to prison. Keep a level head and be the best that you can be, and there is no doubt that you will persevere. Stay strong and look to the future. There are better days ahead.

Monserrat

The transition from high school student to college student proved to be difficult for me. I was one of those students that didn't try in school but regardless managed to received a mix of good and great grades without effort in challenging courses. In college I tried to continue these habits because it worked well for me. I immediately found out that this was not the way to approach my college courses. College though it's a continuation of your education is its vastly different. The professors treat you like the type of person you are: an adult. They aren't going to remind you of homework assigments. Some profesors don't even assignment homework, which sounds nice right? Well, if there's no homework then your grade is solely based on tests, if you fail the tests you fail the class. I've never had a test curved since I started college, and no help is given to you. You are an adult now, and if you need something get it yourself. If I could I would have told myself to read accordingly to the schedule, and to ask for help the instant I seemed to be struggling.

Brycen

I would explain how college is, and tell myself to continue on the academic path, not to let any feelings hold me back. College is very different than high school, both socially and academically. The classes are strict with deadlines and expect the best from all of us. They are easy to manage at first, however, the later terms become more and more challenging. It may seem overwhelming at first, but in time you will get used to the concept. Another factor is work, class schedules need to work out with the work schedule if income were to meet above expenses. Lastly, there is more to life after graduation, if you feel you didn't do well in your adolescent years, there will be time in your adult life to make it up. College gives people keys to opportunities, and those opportunities open gates to what one really wants to fulfill in their life.

Not to be afraid of change, and push yourself to full potiental. Dont be afriad to ask questions, everybody is there to learn. Dont be worried about what everybody else gets on their test, only achieve better then you did the last time. Your in a race of your own, and only you can make yourself better if you want to. Dont be scared to meet new people, go out more and push out of your bubble, and be open to new cultures. Volunteer lots and more doors will open in the future. Its a big stepping stone, and looks scary but push hard and know who you are and be open to the world, its yours to explore and learn from. Enjoy the little things they go by much faster then we realize!

Kjyrsten

If I could go back, I would tell myself to get better time management skills, because for me that was the hardest thing to do making the transition between high school and college. I would also have told myself to take more PSEO classes than I did as well as become involved right away on campus. One last thing would be to enjoy the little things about college and to go out and spend time with your friends even if it's just for a little bit.

When thinking back to my high school self, I notice many different changes. The first thing I would tell myself is your research. By that I mean when selecting which college to attend, where you want to live, and what major you want to persue make sure to get all the information. Making these decisions is alot easier when you are fully informed. I would also tell myself to keep an open and accepting mind. When going from living at home with your parents for 18 years to moving out into a big unfirmiliar world with a lot of new things and people, its easy to get a sour taste in your mouth when things do not always go in your favor. Each person you encounter on your journey has a story, so it is important to remember that before forming an opinion about them. Lastly I would say, even though this period might be scary and nerve racking, enjoy it. Times seems to go by faster with every passing year and these moments that seem daunting or uncomfortable right now will be the ones you look back on as "the good ol' days'".

I would tell myself to not be afraid to take chances and experience new things. The shift from high school to college can be stressful, but it is manageable. The important thing is to take college seriously and work hard. Working hard for what you want in life and particularly in school is an important thing to learn. Being hard-working and determined are both great qualities to have, and I would have told myself to work on strengthening both those qualities before coming to college. I would also tell myself not to fret over the little things. College is a great, new, and exciting experience that every student should enjoy. Worrying over minor things is not worth it and distracts you from your goals and dreams in life.

Sayuri

Dear High School Senior, The transition from high school to college will be a big change in your life. You will be responsible for everything you do and must discipline yourself through your decisions between your social and academic life. You might encounter situations when it will be difficult to say "no", but always remember to stay true to yourself and make the best choice. Try to find a balance between both sides: social and academics. You will also need to work your best to avoid procrastination, because at the end of the semester, you do not want to be a student who is struggling to get your grade up in that certain course because you procrastinated on studying or doing the work for it. Stay efficient, productive, and give yourself a break from time to time. College is very different from high school, but if you are able to balance things out, you will do great. Yours truly, Sayuri Yang, your college freshman-self

Take advantage of local community colleges. They offer just as high of quality education as a large institution at a fraction of the cost. During my highschool years I worked many hours to get a head start on college payments. By first attending a community college I could have paid of my first two years of school and continued to work to save money for a four year institution. I could have worked less in high school and enjoyed more opprotunities I was given and I would still be able to walk away with a degree with significantly less debt. The education at a four year institution is not better than that of a community college. I overlooked the possibility of staying home a couple more years to get the best education for my dollar, but I have found out that I am at a large university where most of my general classes are not even taught by teachers. Nearly all of my homework is online, undergraduate students teach most of my general courses and I sit in crowded auditoriums with hundreds of students. Do not overlook community college. You will get a high quality education at a reasonable price.

Signe

Get involved right away. The college isn't as big as it seems. The professors want you to succeed, they want to help you. College is super fun!

shartrice

Research college degrees and the salaries these degree holders produce. Volunteer with a person working in that field to ensure that industry is for you. Have fun in college but watch your grades. It is really smart to start off at a community college, the classess are smaller and you will learn more because oftentimes the teachers are more helpful. Once you transfer to a 4 year University you will do well and could earn a 4.0.

If i could go back a year and give myself advise on my freshman year of college, I would tell myself to study! Find a good study place, away from distractions, and study! Study atleast two hours everyday and don't cram before tests. Make sure to eat well balanced meals and exercise. Exercising will help release the stresses of the day. I would also tell myself not to work as much. Working is important for finacial reasons, but it forces cram sessions at night, sleeping in the next day, skipping breakfast to get to class on time, falling asleep in class from sleep deprivation, and then repeating the cycle all over again the next day. Getting a full nights rest works wonders when it comes to raising you GPA. I think that if I would have taken care of my body more by getting more sleep, eating right, and working out, along with developing good studing techniques and working less, i would have been a million times more successful my first year of college.

Katlyn

I am glad I followed my advice I had given myself going into college. I knew that getting involved on campus was a big part of the college expeirence. During my freshman year I was apart of Kappa Delta Sorority and Hall government. Going into the school year of 2011 and 2012 acedemic year I will still be invovled with Kappa Delta Sorority but I was also chosen to be a Bison Guide (school tour guide), a peer mentor for my major, participate in leadership board for my major and I will also be an admission assitant. I am excited to start all these new activites but school comes first, I currently have a 3.1 GPA and last semester I recieved a 3.4 GPA. I would like to raise my cummlative GPA because my ultimate goal is to become an attorney. I am glad I got invovled with everything I wanted to on campus because it will only enhance my college experience.

Choose a school that suites your needs, what you want, and your aspirations in life. I would strongly encourage them to go to a four-year college, or any college of that matter, its so crutial these days, I believe, to have a college education. If your not a college-type of student and don't want to go, think of how much better your life will be if you have a further education, you can get the job of your dreams, a better salary, and security to provide your family.

Colleen

I am currently pursuing my degree in Higher Education Administration. The reason I chose to pursue this degree is because in achieving my educational goals, I feel I can make a difference in other's lives. I believe educating our children is the most important thing I can do to ensure their success. As an administrator, I will be in a position where I can make decisions which will impact all students. My entire college experience has been incredible rewarding and fulfilling. I have gained not only knowledge, but friendships with fellow students and faculty that will last a lifetime. Each step I have taken down the path to achieve my educational goals has opened new doors and created new opportunities for my family. While I will always remember how difficult it is to reach your dreams, I will also remember how rewarding all these years have been and will carry that with me my entire life. I hope to give back to the community even more than this amazing educational experience has given me.

Shauna

Attending college has made me grow as a person. I have learned so much from stepping out of my "comfort zone" by meeting new people and participating in classes; something I thought I would never do. I believe people with a college education can expand their horizons and make themselves a valuable tool to the world. Being a knowledgable person allows you to teach and learn everyday. A person can continually learn no matter how much educational background they have. The world is expanding in newer technology by the second, which makes education an important and valuable tool to use for not only the present but also for the future. With my college experience I gained at North Dakota State University, I have been able to continue my education by currently completing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. I love helping people and seeing them progress. If I can help one individual with a certain impairment or disability in any way, I believe I have learned so much and can continue to learn everyday from other people.

Camille

College has taught me how to learn to really understand the material, instead of just learning to pass the test. I have learned the value of good problem solving skills and now I really appreciate the hard work I put in. It has been valuable to me because I am becoming much more independent and am figuring out that I am responsible for my own success.

After raising my children, I was starting to become a recluse, not even able to go outside of the house for work. Education has always been a love of mine and I finally made the leap to not only apply but to attend as a full time student. Even though I am old enough to be most of the students' mother, not one student looks at me as anything but a fellow student, allowing me to focus on my classes without the stigma of age. I am learning that I am as intelligent as I thought I was and I am finding joy in attending classes each day, for the love of education itself. I am currently commuting to school however my goal is to live on campus and work towards self-sufficiency. I currently am looking at a bachelor's degree but have also given it a thought to pursue either a masters or a PhD in Mathematics in either the current field that I am pursuing - Actuarial Sciences, or perhaps into a teaching field. I love attending school and love that it has given me a boost in self-esteem, learning that I can do this.

derrion

I have gotten out of my college experience is the lesson of living. College has help me grow to become a better man also a better knowlegeable person on what is going to happen outside of college. Its very valuble to attend because its the key to a better life.

Christy

I have gained a whole new world of knowledge. I have learned how to juggle school, family, and work. I have made many new friendships with people I would not have met if I did not attend college. Most importantly I have learned the importance of a good education and how it helps you in life.

I have obtained a lot of life lessons from college. One huge thing I've learned is how to better manage my time. Going to school full-time and working part-time can get busy, but it forces me to evaluate task goals and decide what I need to accomplish and when. Another valuable lesson I've learned is to not give up. I have taken some very challenging courses, but I have never dropped a class because it was too hard. I have a career goal in mind, and I know that I have to put in some serious work in order to reach that goal. One final lesson that has been important to me is the ask for help. It's tempting to try and do things on your own, resisting the services being offered to you. But faculty and fellow students are a huge asset to be utilized. All these lessons will help me as I continue on in a career after college.

It took me a while to adjust. My parents and boyfriend live only an hour away so I was going home all the time and I think some people didn't like me because I was quiet and shy. But I had some friends from my high school that I hung out with quite often and really got to know a lot better. I made some new friends as well and kept in touch with some old ones. My first semester went badly because I didn't want to do my work so I had a terrible GPA. In my second semester I did the best I could and raised it a bit, but it still could use a lot of work. I learned mostly, and am still perfecting, how to balance my social and school lives. I've had some great professors and some bad ones but I learned how to work with each. My roommate was great and helped me through a lot and I found I could rely on her for anything. I'm glad I chose NDSU because it was a thrill ride that I'm not done with yet and I look forward to more.

I have gotten a lot of things out of my college experience. Not only am I recieving a top notch education that will help me attain my future career goals, but i also have had many great times and met many great people that i will keep as friends for the rest of my life. It has been very valuable to attend college because it is educating me and giving me the opportunity to persue my career choices and have a high chance of attaining the occupation i want because i have the proper skills to perform the tasks asked of me. It has also been valuable because it has allowed me to meet the best friends i have ever had and given me some great life experiences on the way. If i could do it all over again i would definetly attend college again. It is an experience of a life time and i will never forget it!

prenita

I have learned a lot of things from college experience, and they include: the way I talk to people, the way they help me if I need something, and the most important thing is that I have learned to be very independent and very adaptive to new environments. I have also learned that to achieve something in our life, we have to be really working hard to get what we want. It is no longer like high school if you don't do your work no one is going to be reminding you of it. At college you have to do everything on your own to suceed in life, and that's what i want to do suceed.

College not only led me to a career that I love, it gave me many opportunities to practice what I preach. My career as a dietitian in an eating disorders field has led me to a better outlook on nutrition for myself and a desire to continue my education to become a therapist.

I have gotten many things out of my experience here at NDSU. I have met many new people all with different views on religion and life. Getting to meet people from different cultures helps me learn about the diverse world we live in. I love how everyone at school is friendly and accepting of those around them. Everyone is here to help each other out, whether it is with school work, finding a job, or getting to know other students. The campus does a great job of getting students involved with organization and job fairs. I have been able to join bible study and be elected as a leader for next year, I have also been able to join a pharmacy organization and learn about the interview process I will be going through next year. Campus attractions puts on free activities for students like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. The campus is valuable to attend because they have provided me with the resources to do well in my studies as well as make friends with my new classmates. The transition from high school to college has been an easy one thanks to NDSU.

So far I have gotten a lot. I have gotten to know a lot of students and professors, who I can have life long friendships with. I already had pretty good study and work habits, but going to school here with all the available resources, I have improved those study and work habits. In general, I have improved myself as a person. The school helped with that with all of the activities, speakers, and general information that they have available. I think it the most valuable thing for me is the quality of information in the classroom. The stuff I have learned for my Construction Management major and Business Administration minor will be very helpful. I think it will help me stand out of the crowd from others when applying for jobs. I also think it will help me reach my maximum potential once I do find a job.

My college experience has taken me on a path I never expected. I began college like any other freshman; nervous, excited, and ready to start a new chapter in life, and my first year went very well. But when discouraging events occurred during my sophomore year, I began questioning myself and what I was doing with my life. I ended up transferring colleges twice, changing my major three times, and leaving college altogether twice. Five years later, I?m back to finish what I started seven years ago. I now know who I am and where I want my life to take me, and although I had to leave college to figure it out, that confidence is priceless to me. I learned the hard way that you only have the college experience once, so use your time wisely and cherish it while you're there. I learned that obtaining a Bachelor?s degree is the first step in the path to a career and life you dream of. Most important of all, I learned that your mind is the most valuable tool you have, and you should use it to educate and better yourself at every opportunity.

Through my college experience i have learned study skills, social skills, and a desire to achieve whatever i put my mind to. In highschool I did not study much. School came easy for me and I was not challenged enough to feel the need to study, but since coming to NDSU I have been challenged and ultimately I have learned how to learn. My social skills have been strengthened through meeting new people and working on group projects in class, as well as being involved in campus events. My deisre to achieve has grown because NDSU is good at helping me to see my potential and push me towards success which motivates me to succeed. Not only academics but in my recreation, my personal life, and in helping others.

I have been fortunate in my college experience to be challenged academically, socially outgoing, and found determination to do my best work. All of the things that I have gotten out of attending NDSU come from the confidence I have been given through my peers and professors. These characteristics are valuable to me because they have made me a well-rounded and determined individual. My new found confidence has allowed me to do better at my studies, get a job that I enjoy, and made new and exciting friends. Experiencing life with a confident view has allowed me to be more friendly with others and accepting of diversity and other differences. I feel better about myself and the world around me. No challenge is too great because I have the skills and knowledge to handle it. Furthermore, my confidence has given me hope for a better future where I can be happy to be me and sure that I will succeed.

Kendall

My advice to myself would be that I need to be more prepared than I was. It would be really nice to sit down with my advisor and prioritize all classes I needed to take and then catagorize them in difficulty level. Therefore I could spread out my really tough classes in each semester and not have to take a Biology and a Physics class all in the same semester. It could also help me with having the easier classes spread out so I could balance out each sememester and how much homework I would have to do. This would have made obtaining my associate's degree easier and allowed me to be farther along in my education.

Never ever take 19 credits plus Marching Band your first semester of college. Try to have more fun and get more envolved with activities right away. Keep your grades up and study more often.

Shawna

I would tell myself to not be closed about going to different schools. I should have applied for more schools right off the bat instead of transferring here later. It is wise to keep one's options open and look for the best financial situation that has a strong program in one's major.

Brandia

I would advise myself to separate myself from my family and my friends a little sooner than I did it would have made the transition so much easier. It would have been less painful, although still painful. I also would advise myself to get help from teachers and not go home much. Teachers are a great asset to your college experience they don't just help you in class, but can serve as references for jobs. Not going home as much would better acclimate you to being away from friends and family. Meet as many people as you can just go talk to anyone no one will think it's weird. Stay in contact with high school friends but not too many because that will just make more ties to home instead of cutting those ties.

I would advise myself to take more college-geared classes in high school. When I first got to North Dakota State University I had no clue how to study, and I didn't know where to go for help. I would also tell myself don't be afraid to go to tutor, needing extra help does not mean your any less intelligent. Everybody needs help from time to time and tutors relieve some of the stress from your life. I would also tell myself when doing college visits to sit in on a class and see how the atmosphere feels. And lastly I would tell myself to visit as many schools as possible, I only visited one, you never now if one school would have been an excellent fit if you only visited one university.

The first thing I would advise myself about to not worry about adapting to collage life. It?s just like summer camp. More importantly, I would give myself advice about searching for scholarships. Loans are not as easy to pay or receive as I had once believed. The solution for this is to search more diligently for grants and scholarships during my senior year of high school. A second thing I would advise myself to do is understand the process of making a resume even better. Resumes are used in collage applications, job applications, as well as in scholarship applications. A better understanding of how to make and strengthen a resume would be invaluable experience before I started my summer jobs and scholarship applications. The last thing I would give myself advice with is the FAFSA form. Do not go to 'anything.com' only go to the '.gov' sites. Most other ones cost money and are scams. Other than these things, there is nothing overly important that I would tell myself about collage.

Josephine

Get involved, it is going to be awkward at first for everyone so dont be afraid. Keep your ties with old friends. Talk to people in classes.

Traveling back in time to high school, I would tell myself that college will be tough, it will try my patience, my study skills, my emotions, and my well-being. I would tell myself that while that sounds discouraging, I have always loved my education, will always love attaining an education, and I am strong enough to withstand the difficulties of the college life. I would also advise my younger self to not be as afraid of people as I have been in the past, it will take opening up to strangers and trusting them to grow and make a successful transition. Also, I would reassure her that she will enjoy her classes, and that she will receive a quality education, no matter how tough it may seem. There are so many opportunities that you will be open to, do not regret your choice to move away from home to a school that will raise your expectations of yourself and will push you to achieve goals you never knew you set before yourself.

I would remind myself that school is the most important thing coming up. While there are classes that are more boring that drying paint, they are still important to building a strong and fulfilling future. I would also remind myself to keep up the study habits that I mainitained through highschool but have found to be slipping on saturdays when there are games to go to and other events other than homework going on.