North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

North Dakota State University has a variety of resources and the entire staff is committed to helping the students attending the institution. The best part about NDSU are the professors in both the programs I am enrolled in. Every professor I have had strive to push their students to success. It creates determination and feuls my ambition to do well in school. Not only are the professors great resources for the classroom, but for life as well. I go to them to seek advice on friendships, financial problems, and ways to succeed. Their knowledge is a vessel.

The best thing about my school are the students. There are many student led organizations that get students involved in their major like pharmacy clubs or pre-med clubs. This encourages me, as well as my classmates, to meet other students in our major and become familiar with our classes. Students are also running activities for everyone to get involved over the weekend, things like movies, arts and crafts, and dances. These sorts of things help students feel like they are a part of a community and creates a good learning environment.

The best thing about North Dakota State University was the education I received in Athletic Training. I am furthering my education by completeing my Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy. Having an Athletic Training degree has helped me tremendously excel in my classroom curriculum courses,. Using previous experience while working in Athletic Training has allowed me to use my Bachelor's degree as a tool to help treat patients with specific musculoskeltal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary and integumentary disorders.

The best thing about North Dakota State Univeristy is its sense of community. Through athletics, community organizations, group study sessions, or clubs, NDSU helps students feel that they are part of the university. This attribute came into play last year when Fargo, North Dakota experienced a record-breaking flood. Students from NDSU came together as one to help Fargo, ND overcome the flood. This effort not only helped the city win the flood fight, it bonded NDSU students as one great community.

If you're a poor college student, like most of us are, you might not have the money for a vehicle, or have the vehicle but not wish to pay for insurance and gas. Well, don't worry. The lack of a vehicle won't cramp you're style, much. The busing systems in place on campus and in the surrounding area are superb! Getting around town is made easy by the use of your Bison card - FM bus service is available to all students free-of-charge. Two thumbs up for friendly commuter service!

Attending the sport competitions were a huge highlight of my time at NDSU. I felt a strong camaraderie with other students cheering and was excited to support the athletes and coaches in their determination and focus. My degree was in Physical Education with a self-declared emphasis in coaching. Watching the sport teams perform and compete, I got to see tactics and skills, discussed in the classroom, come alive. It was equivalent to lab for a science class.

There is a great sense of community. The campus puts in effort to plan events that will interest students and build up school spirit, especially at the beginning of the year. This makes it very easy to meet people. The freshman-only dorms are also very helpful for meeting people when students start school. Most rooms leave their doors open if they are there for the first couple weeks, and a good number of people do this entire year.

The focus on STEM fields. They do a lot to keep on the leading edge of technology on campus and are currently building a new state-of-the art STEM facility. On top of that, the professors often really care about student success. Which is surprising given that teacher to student ratio is incredibly high with my lowest class being 1-22 (which happened once) and the average being about 1-41 from what I've experienced.

The best thing about NDSU is smaller campus. After you've been here for a week you know where everything is. It's small enough that everything is within walking distance, even some restaurants. There are buses for the downtown campus, but you don't need to go downtown unless you have a class there or live there, so it's easy to avoid going if you don't want to.

I like the challege of the classes. Most professors are really nice and make themselves available outside of class for help. They will also go above and beyond to explain the material more in depth if you don't understand something! I also like how the campus is clustered close together... its less farther to walk to class!