North Florida Community College Top Questions

Stanesha

If i were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would probably talk to myself about procrastinating so much. Procrastination gets you nowhere in life and in college it definitely doesn't get you good grades. In college, late assignments are not accepted. You either turn assignments in early or when it's due or you fail the assignment. Explaining to myself that If I wait until the last minute to do an assignment, then that assignment i'm doing isn't going to have much quality, but if I did it early, there's a possibility that it would have great quality, because i would have put more time and effort into it instead of rushing, which equals a better grade is something i would have told myself back then. If only i could go back, i would encourage myself to stop being lazy and taking advantage of the teachers as well as the privilege of being able to turn in late work and just do the assignments and turn them in early as possible because it's better to be early and on time than late and not on time.

Stephannie

If I could go back and talk to my senior self, I would tell myself to start changing my study habits. I would tell myself that the chapters are much longer and that tests are a whole other world in college. I would also tell my senior self, or even junior self to dual enroll so that I could maybe have a few semesters taken care of before high school graduation. I would also warn myself about the freshmen 15 (pounds). It's true and I thought it wasn't!