Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Erin

My classmates are outgoing, exciting, and normal.

My classmates are outgoing, exciting, and normal.

Looking back as a high school senior I would have told myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible before entering college. Also, I would have recommended saving a lot of money during the summer and not spending it on unimportant items during the school year. As far as having a car on campus, I would have told myself not to drive home every weekend because it saves money and allows positive social interaction with other students. Staying on the weekends encourages branching out and getting involved with other organizations, students, and churches. As far as dealing with the transition between college classes and highschool, I would have told myself to study for tests greatly beforehand instead of cramming information the night before. Also, I would have encouraged myself to talk to professors if I was having a problem because this creates a name-to-name basis and when it comes to the end of the semester for final grades, if they noticed how hard you were trying they would boost your grade just enough to make a difference. Overall, I would tell myself to remain practical, have fun making lifelong friends, and work hard.

That a lot of activities outside of campus are 20-30 mintues away.

North Greenville University really is where Christ makes a difference, it is very friendly and Christ centered.

I would tell myself to not worry about college or what the future holds.

The worst thing about my school is some of the rules, they are really strict but it is for the students own good.

Tricia

NGU is a caring Christian university in a peaceful setting.

NGU is a caring Christian university in a peaceful setting.

There are a few things you need to succeed in college: focus, willingness to learn and tme management skills. First of all you must have a clear goal and stay focused on it. This will help you as many distractions will come your way. It will also hep you when times are tough. Hang in there, stay focused and you will reach your goal. Secondly, you must be wiling to learn all kinds of information. Look at each class as an opportunity to expand your horizons. Also be willing to ask for help in learning when needed. There are plenty of places to go for help on most campuses. Lastly, be diligent in your time management. Use an agenda or a calendar on your wall. Watch your due dates and work ahead when you can. In the middle of all your hard work, also make sure you take some playtime. You will make friends that will last your lifetime. Spend time nurturing these relationships. If you listen to this advice, you will finish strong, do well academically and enjoy your experience while you are in college. Good Luck!

NGU is a small environment with teachers who care. The arts programs are wonerful. The surrounding area is peaceful.

Tiffany

My classmates are kind, friendly, listen well in class, and strive to do thier best in all aspects of thier work.

I would tell myself to have paid more attention in my spanish and science classes.

There really isn't anything frustrating about my school.

College is the greatest experience you can have. It teaches you how to become a mature, responsible adult. You will meet lifelong friends and will understand the meaning of a good work ethic. You will face challenges that you may not know how to handle, but ultimately they will help mold you in to the person you become. Do not let bad things that my happen to you define who you are. Instead, realize they are mistakes and learn from them!

The academics are great. The professors are genuine in their teachings and want students to be there best!

The most unique thing about my school compared to other schools would have to be how nice and caring everyone is. People every day are always kind and cater to my needs and the needs others at North Greenville. The staff and faculty also do a good job at making sure you are on track with your material and help you where you are lacking. I have met few people who are not open to seeking opportunities to reach out to others.

I would give myself as a high school senior more than two hundred words of advice. Therefore, my advice is limited on this page. When I was a senior in high school, I was very specific on what type of college I wanted to go to and what I wanted to major in. I would have told myself to stop trying so hard to find the "right school" and start looking at all schools. I would tell myself to start looking at every school instead of narrowing down the list. I say that because the school I am at now was far from my list. It did not meet my standards I wanted in a school. My excuses were, it is too close to home and I know too many that go to school here. It did not seem like the right choice at the time. Now that I am at North Greenville University I know it is the right school for me and I wish I could go back in time when I was a senior and tell myself to stop wasting all that time worrying about where I should not go instead of where I should go.

What I brag the most about North Greenville University to my friends is the campus' atmosphere, dorm, and friendliness of the people. It has a homey atmosphere that makes it comfortable and easy to adapt. I also always brag about my dorm. I have the newest dorm on campus and I absolutely love it! It has a lot of space and I enjoy the pretty walk to and from my dorm. As I pass people on this walk, they are always friendly and help you if you are lost or just need a smile to brighten your day.

Anna

Don't try to do too much. College can be a big adjustement, so take it easy your first semester and figure out what you want to be involved in and where your priorities are. Make sure you keep in touch with your old friends and your family.

The professors are amazing. They love the students and want to see us succeed. The classes are small and discussion is encouraged.

Know thy self. You must see what works best. If you are not a selfish person, you must learn to be one. Take this time to learn how to teach yourself the material set in front of you. Know that when you are done, your friends, family, and everyone else in your life will be there when you get back from this awesome journey. This is not a race, go at your own pace. If you think about how long the average person lives, four, five, or even ten years of school is nothing. I’m 28 years old, I started college when I was 25, and I’m still going strong. Keep yourself healthy, mentally and physically. It will benefit you in the long run. Never take the easy path. Learn instead. The stuff that you learn early will help make it easy in the end. If you get frustrated, change subjects, and keep moving forward. Make new friends for networking only. Sit in the front. Or at most two or three seats back. Don’t be afraid of your professors, there obligated to help you, it’s their job. Lastly, know that people change and so will you.

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as I was beginning the stressful journey of filling out college applications, I would tell myself to relax a little. I would tell myself to not stress as much about my college decision and to just choose the college that I felt was the best fit for me. As a high school senior, I was so worried I would pick the wrong school and not be able to make a smooth transition from high school to college. In the long run, I could have saved myself from a a lot of stress. I ended up choosing the college I felt was best for me, and it worked out perfectly. The transition was easier than i expected. and it was very easy to get involved and make new friends. I could not have picked a better university to attend, and I would not change that "stressful" college decision I made as a high school senior. In the end, everything will work out and you will end up in the college that is right for you.

If you are planning to attend North Greenville University, you must like being in a small, family-like envorinment. North Greenville's small campus is a perfect fit for those who enjoy knowing many people they go to school with and knowing all the faculty. The professors know you on a first name basis and will work with you one on one of you need it.

One should not attend this school if he/she likes being in an large environment with thousands of people. One must like attending smaller classes with maximum 30 students and like professors who know his/her name. One must also not mind attending Christian chapel services twice a week and being in a Christ-centered atmosphere.

Carson

If I could go back in time and tell myself anything about college, I would tell myself to live on campus. I was a commuter and that makes it so hard to make friends are really find a group to fit in with because I was only there during my classes. To really get the college experience and make all the friends I could, I would really encourage myself to take a step outside of my comfort zone and live on campus!

I consider the worst thing about my school being some of the old dorms. They aren't in great shape. There are also many small buildings on campus such as the library and the cafeteria. I know North Greenville is a small campus, but some of these buildings, I think, should be a little bigger and in better shape.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking for commuters and for residents. I was a commuter this past school year, and when I would get there later than everyone else, there would be no where to park. It was so frustrating!

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.