Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Shana

We have a 17:1 student/teacher ratio, therefore, my classes are smaller and it is easier to get to know everyone. Many core classes unite music majors, theatre majors, education majors, business majors, Christian studies majors, psychology majors, and many more! I love the diverse people group NGU offers! Another plus to North Greenville's student body is the missionary kids. We have so many students from various backgrounds and experiences. It is exciting to be amongst such great people! Not all of my classmates are close friends; however there isn't one I wouldn't enjoy talking to.

Dear Shana, As you are preparing for such a critical and exciting time in your life, please take note of these extremely important suggestions: 1. As you balance sports, choir, family, church, praise band, etc., perservere to organize your time and responsibilities to the best of your abilities. College life and school work only gets crazier! Try using a calendar or your phone to record reminders and important dates. 2. Instead of just cramming the night before a test or quiz, make a habit of studying the material several times that week so that you will not be stressed come test/quiz day; learning how to study is pivetal in college. 3. Have confidence in who you were made to be. Entering a new environment with new people can be intimidating. Do not let it get the best of you! From the first day of college, BE YOURSELF; embrace who you are and always strive to be sweet and humble to everyone. Do not let others or fear cause you to conform. 4. Please, please, please do not put off looking for scholarships or miss opportunities to take the SAT/ACT. Take advantage of all of your resources. Love, Shana

I wish I would have known how to search for more scholarships. North Greenville does a wonderful job of assisting potential and committed students in finding scholarships/grants/financial aid; however, as an only child and a daughter of only one college graduate(from an extremely small Bible college), the whole college experience(finding money to pay for college, signing up for classes, etc.) was completely new and overwhelming for me. North Greenville University and its staff is beyond wonderful. There were nothing but good surprises once I was in enrolled.

Shelby

I would advise myself to begin taking actual classes at North Greenville. Since I took Advanced Placement classes in high school, I felt prepared, and I was but I would have like to know the routine of normal classes before going in the fall. There is not many things that I would change. It was a great learning experience.

A person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who enjoys rejecting authority and breaking rules. There are serious consequences that come when rules are broken.

I love the passion most students have for Jesus. It is such an encouragement to be around others who's desire, above school and everything else, is to glorify and serve Jesus Christ.

Nicholas

My classmates are a very diverse group of people, from many backgrounds and with many differing personalities.

I would probably tell myself to try to pick a college a bit closer to home. For the most part, I am very happy with the choices I have made and there is not any particular important advice that I feel would be important to tell myself.

The kind of person that should go to this school is someone who likes to work hard and doesn't mind obeying a few extra rules. Ideally, they would be a Christian.

Christina

My school is a great Christ based school focused on preparing the students to be a light in the world in all areas of study.

If I could go back to my high school years and tell myself how to prepare for the college experience, I would tell myself to not commit to a degree until I was completely sure of the area that I wanted to study. I would have started with only general education requirements and let myself acclimate to the university without stressing out about what my major would be. Then after taking those first classes and settling into campus life and the difference between high school class work and college class work, I would focus in on finding out what I felt was the best area of study for me.

The best thing about my school is the interdisciplinary degree they offer. Because of this degree, I am able to study two fields (Music/Christian Studies) almost equally.

Clayton

Everyone is friendly, gets along well, and relate well with others. There is a great sense of community here!

Being at North Greenville University has been a great asset to my life. I have connected with several internship opportunities that could turn into jobs. My professors want me to succeed and are willing to connect me to industry professionals in their networks. Student Services provides a wealth of activities, but I choose to spend my free time with friends just hanging out and having fun, like a trip downtown or to the movies. Our security force ensures a safe campus 24/7. The president even walks around campus and will give you a hug and ask you how your day is going! The atmosphere is just incredible. I am excited about graduation because I look forward to what my education will do for me.

Andre

My first semester as an incoming freshman at North Greenville University I've had the pleasure to interact and involve myself with other peoples' lives. People who I wouldn't normally converse with have become my friends strictly based on sociability skills I've gained while attending the University. I also learned that as a college student you must become more independent, because you are one step ahead to becoming a full adult who must be able to financially support themselves throughout the years. This school has thought me to no longer rely on my mother to support and overcome every struggling obstacle especially being a single mom with her anually income. As an individual in todays' society it is easy to just give up and quit the diffucult situations life throws at you. Instead of giving up I'll continue to pursue my education purposes and finish what I've started and intended to do from the start which is to be successful and make my moother proud of the seed she's raised all these years.

Before arriving to the school I wish I knew the specific rules and how they enforce them with procedures. I also believed that my school was a little bigger in porportion, because I visited the school at night on my arrival.

If I had to pick one aspect that I constantly or repeatedly tell my friends about it would be the enviroment. My school is specifically set up for each individual to pursue their goals and continue on to the next level regardless of their circumstances. North Greenville University is also a school full of caring people with teachers and assistants available to assist and benefit the students in any way possible.

Justin

A fun, educational, spiritual, and uplifting experience.

A fun, educational, spiritual, and uplifting experience.

My school is a Baptist University and it is a private school. I absolutly love the school and the campus. I would love to recieve this scholarship so I can continue to get my education there and eventually graduate from there.

I have really learned the value of a good education because I have had to work very hard to pay my own way through school. I have received little to no financial support from my family. It is valuable for me to attend such an uplifting university because not only will I graduate with a degree that will enable me to go into the field I have chosen, it is also allowing me to meet new people that will be lifelong friends. I am thankful that I am able to attend the university of my choice and I will not take that for granted.

Olivia

My classmates are young conservative Christians with very passionate personalities.

Returning to school as an adult has been very eye opening. My first attempt at college was not taken very seriously, and I did not do a very good job with thinking things through to the future. Now, I am a wife, a mother, a small business owner, and I much more focused. I do not take my time for granted and I see the importance of learning new information. Every moment of my college career is important. I am not only going back to school for my own well being, but to better the life of my family as well. My path is set, and there are definite challenges ahead of me; my husband and I are living 200 miles apart; I am facing the need of an early hysterectomy that could throw my timeline of course, but I am trying tostay focused. Every moment is important; every class is important. I am lucky to have this opportunity again in my life, and I am glad that I have growm enough to apprecite it.

Anyone who comes from a strong liberal background may find the environment uncomfortable. Also, students who are used to urban environments may feel misplaced and stuck in the middle of nowhere. Students who do not have a strong Christian background may also find the school a bit uncomfortable.

Haley

My classmates are uplifting, encouraging, and warriors for Christ Jesus our Saviour.

My experience as a college student this far in my journey has been the most rewarding, unique experience of my life. I feel that through the many different experiences I have been exposed to it has grown me as an individual. I no longer look at things through the same eyes, but have broadened my opinions and have become more open minded to new ideas and cultures. Some say that college is really where poeple start to discover who they really are. This idea has proven to be true in my own life. While being a college student, I have discovered what my true passions and desires really are. I chose to continue my education so that I would have the tools necessary to become the most successful contributor to our world's society. I feel that my experience as a college student and choosing higher education is preparing me for this task. I have also been inspired to have a greater love for learning like my professors, who have already traveled this same journey. I am thankful for this opportunity that was awarded to me through schollarship contributors, like you, who have made my dreams possible. God Bless

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the parking in front of m dorm is not large enough. It also is gravel right now and tends to wasah out if it rains too much which makes it difficult to drive. Chapel attendance rules sometimes can be frustrating as well. Every two absences we have, we drop a letter grade.

Mary

During my experience at college, I have learned to interact with other students from different backgrounds, what to expect out of life, and how to reach my goals. Interacting with people from different backgrounds is very import. God created us all and we all need to learn how to interact together. Life is too short to spend time on figuring out how to achieve this task. This university has helped me be extremely independent. I can count on myself to complete task, make plans (organized), and budget my money. North Greenville has also helped me plan my career and what i need to do to reach my goals. My advisor made a track for me and has been there for any problem I have faced. Over all college has been a great experience; socially, benefitically, and learning experiences.

The best thing at my school is the support. No matter who it is, everyone will show support. Other students might not know a student but if someone sees a peer having a hard time there is someone there to help a student.

I brag to people about how envolved and outgoing the school is. I also brag about the football team and baseball team in becoming champions. The school has a great campus and extremely caring faculty. The classrooms are great size. Over all North Greenville University is a great school.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.