Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Do not be afraid to be as smart as you know you are. Say no to people who want to go out when you have homework and please, please, get involved! The people here were so nice once you gave them the chance to be, they won't hurt you. Don't let the teachers get you down, you are talented, just shy.

The teachers really do care about students, but the staff here sometimes let things slip by and we have to suffer for it.

The kind of person who loves people and wants to excel. It's a good school. Someone who doesn't want partying to get in the way of their education.

Rebekah

The environment provides for easy and encouraged learning. With a more even staff/ student ratio and a Christian atmosphere theres always someone to help and you get to know your staff so its a great place to pursue an education. The education in itself is extremely well-rounded.

I would say learn to study and create a personalized way to prioritize and organize schoolwork. In addition I would tell myself to relax. College is a wonderful opportunity, nothing to be afraid of, but at the same time something that should be mentally prepared for. In all honesty there was nothing particularly outstanding that i should have done differently .

Some of the buildings are outdated and the size of the campus is getting restrictive with the growing student body.

Rebecca

Do not be nervous about anything. God is in control and all of it will work out. Take every dual-enrollment class you can in high school because it will pay off. College life is expensive so apply for every scholarship out there! Your odds go up when you apply for them. Do not procrastinate anything; you will regret it. Do not be shy when you arrive to college. Everyone is looking for someone to hang out with, not just you. Do not room with your best friend; it causes way too much trouble. Lastly, spend time with your friends from high school, because they are easily lost. Also, spend time with your family, and soon you will discovery mom and dad are right. Have fun in college. It is so much better than high school!

Shana

We have a 17:1 student/teacher ratio, therefore, my classes are smaller and it is easier to get to know everyone. Many core classes unite music majors, theatre majors, education majors, business majors, Christian studies majors, psychology majors, and many more! I love the diverse people group NGU offers! Another plus to North Greenville's student body is the missionary kids. We have so many students from various backgrounds and experiences. It is exciting to be amongst such great people! Not all of my classmates are close friends; however there isn't one I wouldn't enjoy talking to.

Dear Shana, As you are preparing for such a critical and exciting time in your life, please take note of these extremely important suggestions: 1. As you balance sports, choir, family, church, praise band, etc., perservere to organize your time and responsibilities to the best of your abilities. College life and school work only gets crazier! Try using a calendar or your phone to record reminders and important dates. 2. Instead of just cramming the night before a test or quiz, make a habit of studying the material several times that week so that you will not be stressed come test/quiz day; learning how to study is pivetal in college. 3. Have confidence in who you were made to be. Entering a new environment with new people can be intimidating. Do not let it get the best of you! From the first day of college, BE YOURSELF; embrace who you are and always strive to be sweet and humble to everyone. Do not let others or fear cause you to conform. 4. Please, please, please do not put off looking for scholarships or miss opportunities to take the SAT/ACT. Take advantage of all of your resources. Love, Shana

I wish I would have known how to search for more scholarships. North Greenville does a wonderful job of assisting potential and committed students in finding scholarships/grants/financial aid; however, as an only child and a daughter of only one college graduate(from an extremely small Bible college), the whole college experience(finding money to pay for college, signing up for classes, etc.) was completely new and overwhelming for me. North Greenville University and its staff is beyond wonderful. There were nothing but good surprises once I was in enrolled.

Shelby

I would advise myself to begin taking actual classes at North Greenville. Since I took Advanced Placement classes in high school, I felt prepared, and I was but I would have like to know the routine of normal classes before going in the fall. There is not many things that I would change. It was a great learning experience.

A person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who enjoys rejecting authority and breaking rules. There are serious consequences that come when rules are broken.

I love the passion most students have for Jesus. It is such an encouragement to be around others who's desire, above school and everything else, is to glorify and serve Jesus Christ.

Nicholas

My classmates are a very diverse group of people, from many backgrounds and with many differing personalities.

I would probably tell myself to try to pick a college a bit closer to home. For the most part, I am very happy with the choices I have made and there is not any particular important advice that I feel would be important to tell myself.

The kind of person that should go to this school is someone who likes to work hard and doesn't mind obeying a few extra rules. Ideally, they would be a Christian.

Christina

My school is a great Christ based school focused on preparing the students to be a light in the world in all areas of study.

If I could go back to my high school years and tell myself how to prepare for the college experience, I would tell myself to not commit to a degree until I was completely sure of the area that I wanted to study. I would have started with only general education requirements and let myself acclimate to the university without stressing out about what my major would be. Then after taking those first classes and settling into campus life and the difference between high school class work and college class work, I would focus in on finding out what I felt was the best area of study for me.

The best thing about my school is the interdisciplinary degree they offer. Because of this degree, I am able to study two fields (Music/Christian Studies) almost equally.

Clayton

Everyone is friendly, gets along well, and relate well with others. There is a great sense of community here!

Being at North Greenville University has been a great asset to my life. I have connected with several internship opportunities that could turn into jobs. My professors want me to succeed and are willing to connect me to industry professionals in their networks. Student Services provides a wealth of activities, but I choose to spend my free time with friends just hanging out and having fun, like a trip downtown or to the movies. Our security force ensures a safe campus 24/7. The president even walks around campus and will give you a hug and ask you how your day is going! The atmosphere is just incredible. I am excited about graduation because I look forward to what my education will do for me.

Andre

My first semester as an incoming freshman at North Greenville University I've had the pleasure to interact and involve myself with other peoples' lives. People who I wouldn't normally converse with have become my friends strictly based on sociability skills I've gained while attending the University. I also learned that as a college student you must become more independent, because you are one step ahead to becoming a full adult who must be able to financially support themselves throughout the years. This school has thought me to no longer rely on my mother to support and overcome every struggling obstacle especially being a single mom with her anually income. As an individual in todays' society it is easy to just give up and quit the diffucult situations life throws at you. Instead of giving up I'll continue to pursue my education purposes and finish what I've started and intended to do from the start which is to be successful and make my moother proud of the seed she's raised all these years.

Before arriving to the school I wish I knew the specific rules and how they enforce them with procedures. I also believed that my school was a little bigger in porportion, because I visited the school at night on my arrival.

If I had to pick one aspect that I constantly or repeatedly tell my friends about it would be the enviroment. My school is specifically set up for each individual to pursue their goals and continue on to the next level regardless of their circumstances. North Greenville University is also a school full of caring people with teachers and assistants available to assist and benefit the students in any way possible.

Justin

A fun, educational, spiritual, and uplifting experience.

A fun, educational, spiritual, and uplifting experience.

My school is a Baptist University and it is a private school. I absolutly love the school and the campus. I would love to recieve this scholarship so I can continue to get my education there and eventually graduate from there.

I have really learned the value of a good education because I have had to work very hard to pay my own way through school. I have received little to no financial support from my family. It is valuable for me to attend such an uplifting university because not only will I graduate with a degree that will enable me to go into the field I have chosen, it is also allowing me to meet new people that will be lifelong friends. I am thankful that I am able to attend the university of my choice and I will not take that for granted.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.